Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Port Forwarding !!!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 11, 2012
Can someone please provide me with what ports to forward for this game as its really obnoxious dealing with uneeded lag from my filters .
I shouldn't have to remove my internet security to play a kid safe game with no lag.

Whats the point of a "Kid Safe" game if you have to remove your internet security to play it

Anyways if someone from KingsIsle would be kind enough to provide a link to where it states the ports to forward or list the ports in this thread it would be much appreciated.

Administrator
Hello! Sorry you're experiencing firewall issues. Here is a the generic solution given when players are unable to connect to the Pirate101 Servers. (Note, the ports for Pirate101 are exactly the same for Wizard101.)

Solution 107
I'm getting an error when I try to get in the game. What does this mean?

Solution 107: Unable to connect to the Pirate101 Server. Please try again later.

This is caused by a failure to contact the login server.

1. The server may be down. Try again after a few minutes. Also it is a good idea to check the forums and your email for any information about updates that could be affecting the server status.

2. If you've been able to play before, and this just started happening, try resetting your router/modem, or repairing your computer's internet connection. (Just right click on the icon in the system tray and choose 'repair').

If this is your first time trying to play, it is probably a Firewall or Router blocking access to the program, or the ports that it is trying to communicate through. Please make sure that Pirate101 is on your Firewall's exceptions list (this allows it to access the Internet). You can also make the following changes to port settings on your Firewall and/or Router.

The ports to allow: tcp 12000 for login, tcp 12500 for patch, tcp/udp 12000-12999 for game

3. If you have received this error and have already opened up the necessary ports, then please try checking for other firewalls on your computer. It may be that one firewall could be set up to block certain IP ranges or is blocking the program Pirate101. If you can temporarily disable that firewall, the patches should be able to load.

For more information about allowing Wizard101 on your firewall Click Here or Click Here

If you continue to see errors, please contact Support.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Jul 10, 2009
Hello- Can someone help me? I have an error. It starts when I log in and go to the character selection I select my highest level character and it gives a message "your character is unable to connect to the game please quit and try again". I Quit and try again and it gives the same error. The last thing I was doing the last time I was on was teleport to my friend. She was in Arroyo Grande and then went somewhere else with her ship. Then it stayed at the loading picture. Then, it gave me that error. I really need help I miss my level 47 guy, Ambitious William Lewis

Administrator
You'll want to contact support@pirate101.com if this problem persists. When you contact them, please provide as much detail as possible:

1. Confirm username (which account are you playing)
2. What area were you trying to access when this happened?
3. What time (approximately) was it?
4. Please attach game logs for further review (see below for more instructions).
5. Are you still having this trouble? If not, what occurred?

Instructions for sending game logs:
Use your email service to add an attachment. Drill down to the Pirate101 Folder then to the Bin Folder and the Log Folder then select "Captain_XXX.Log" (the highest numbered one or the most recently dated). Then just hit send!

If this is too large for your email server to attach or send, then open the game folder, go to the the bin folder again and locate the Captain.log. Right click on the log file and select Save as Zip (or similar wording - will vary depending on your specific operating system). Then, go back to your email and attach the newly zipped Captain.log.zip file.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Aug 16, 2012
so is there any reason my firewall is blocking pirate101,like are u guys safe,or unsafe

Ensign
Mar 28, 2009
Thundercaster1123 on Mar 28, 2013 wrote:
so is there any reason my firewall is blocking pirate101,like are u guys safe,or unsafe
They are safe. The reason is with the Firewall. Look in the settings of your Firewall. There could be an option that will let you chose to block any port forwarding. The options could be, block some port forwarding or all port forwarding. Also, some firewalls will always block new stuff. Even if it's safe or not. But Pirate 101 is safe. I hope this helped you.

-Funlyon