Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

our companion classes

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Apr 04, 2011
doesn't bother you that most of you companions are not you class?

for example, I'm a privateer, but i have only one privateer companion.

Does it bother you guys?

Brave Jonathan level 36

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
Yes! as much as I love my other companions, all i really want is an all buccaneer crew

Community Leader
theprivateers on Dec 29, 2012 wrote:
doesn't bother you that most of you companions are not you class?

for example, I'm a privateer, but i have only one privateer companion.

Does it bother you guys?

Brave Jonathan level 36
I was more distressed that there are hardly any Witchdoctor companions in the game. There are a lot of Buccaneer, Swashbuckler, and Musketeer types, some Privateers, but Witchdoctor seems a little underrepresented, unless you are a Witchdoctor, in which case you get a few early on.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Aug 29, 2009
No, it's good to mix up your crew. What if you went into a fight with all Musketeers and all you had were Swashbucklers or Buccaneers? You wouldn't be in a good situation, especially if they're a higher level. Being a Swashbuckler, I have a lot of them. Probably because some are main quest companions. The ones I know I have that are Swashbucklers are Sarash Steele, El Toro, Mustang Sally, Froggo Kappa and a few more... I like to keep my team mixed up in classes. I have Bonnie Anne pretty high up with El Toro and Mustang Sally. I also have Old Scratch for a Witchdoctor.

Overall in my opinion, I like to keep my team creative or mixed up. I wouldn't like having all Swashbucklers, but on some occasions it's nice.

~Sly Wolf Laveer, Level 45, Swashbuckler.