Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Swapping powers between companions

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 29, 2010
This idea came to my head a few days ago. Is there a certain companion you just love to have in fights because of the way they look? Well I do. Iago, he looks awesome, his outfit SCREAMS pirate, and I love the way he talks when you move him on the battlefield. However, he only has 3 powers so he isn't that close to my first mate slot. El toro is my first mate because of his multiple powers including the privateer power to increase accuracy and dodge but he doesn't really look like a pirate to me. I was thinking we could pay an amount of crowns to swap powers between companions. But there are rules. For example, you can not swap powers from a swashbuckler class companion with a musketeer class companion. Meaning you could not swap powers between bonnie (musketeer) anne and el toro (swashbuckler). The two companions must be the same exact class. I'm not sure if this will ruin the game or not, or mess up the story line, I really don't see how it could but this is just an idea for the game. Swap powers between companions for a small amount of crowns. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

~Bloody Wolf Freeman~

Ensign
Aug 29, 2009
Not a bad idea. I like how they have to be the same class to switch, makes more sense. For instance, I would like my Monkey King to have Relentless, Second Chance, Riposte and First Strike. He would be a killing machine. It's like stitching clothes, but instead your companions. Nice idea!

~Sly Wolf Laveer, Level 50, Swashbuckler.

Lieutenant
Sep 29, 2010
Sly Wolf on Jan 7, 2013 wrote:
Not a bad idea. I like how they have to be the same class to switch, makes more sense. For instance, I would like my Monkey King to have Relentless, Second Chance, Riposte and First Strike. He would be a killing machine. It's like stitching clothes, but instead your companions. Nice idea!

~Sly Wolf Laveer, Level 50, Swashbuckler.
Phew, good. Glad no one snapped at me for this.

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2010
I dont like it because it takes away from the ingenuity of KI creators. Swapping powers with other companions of same class why not just add what your lacking to those companions for crowns would be much easier. Think of it this way, you can buy riposte or relentless for your companions if they get that ability anyway and you missed it when you promoted or what not. Now that would be awesome. As the to monkey king reference previously, he is already a one man wrecking crew, I have riposte, second chance and flanking on him and he deals massive amounts of damage. So instead of swapping just buy the ability for crowns I can see them doing this as it would be a sure fire money maker !! KI, I can be reached at home if you want to give me a job working for your game ideas department LOL.

Community Leader
I think part of the problem as I think about it, is that different companions promote at different levels.
Its not as simple as swapping powers.
In order for this to work, the companions would also have to be the same levels, however even that is not enough there would be further complications.

How would you handle future promotions/promotion quests? Would the companion you switched El Toro's powers/talents with suddenly also switch promotion quest lines (this would be very confusing)?

Some of the powers/talents I think are also based on the personna of the character. El Toro is ... well El Toro! I cant imagine a weak El Toro, he is a key to the story line.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV