Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Buying extra companion attacks with crowns

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 29, 2010
Ok, my "Swapping powers between companions" idea was quite frowned upon and to be honest, they were right. Companions promote at different levels and that would really mess everything up so I did some thinking and came up with this idea. When you promote a companion and give them a new talent(s), you can spend 200 crowns to buy an extra power for that companion. For example. You get a companion that has blade storm and first strike. You promote them and can give them riposte (did I spell that right?), vengeance strike, relentless or second chance. But lets says you really want them to gain 2 powers for this promotion (I know some can receive 2 after a promotion but this is just an example.) You can get the one for free from the promotion, lets say I give them second chance, after giving them that new talent a note will pop up asking "Spend 200 crowns to buy extra power?" [yes?] [No?]. Click yes and 200 crowns will be deducted from your balance and you will be able to buy an extra talent. Click no and the notice will go away, but, the option will always be available to open in case you want to go with it and buy the extra talent. This notice will only appear after a promotion and only ONE extra power can be bought at a time. The only time it will appear again is after the next promotion and still will only be ONE extra and will stay the same price of 200 crowns. Same with a new companion from a quest who is already able to have new talents given to them, a notice will appear asking if you want to spend crowns for an extra talent. I know some characters like monkey king, and the Neko the cat ninja are super high lvl already. They will have the buy extra talent for crowns notice twice because at that lvl, most companions have already been promoted 2 times. Its kind of hard to explain the rest, but I'm sure you guys can understand where I'm coming from. Tell me what you think.

~Bloody Wolf Freeman~

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
I say no, simply because you are using real money to buy power, meaning the rich are stronger. This would not go down well with the PvP crowd.

Crowns should only be used for cosmetic and convenience items.

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
This would make pvp and even pve so unbalanced, I don't wanna have to simply pay to make y crew the best ever.

Ensign
Dec 22, 2008
I like the idea, since epic talents are far and few between it would be nice to double up. Pvp has nothing to do with it since everyone else could do the same.

As far has being rich, 200 crowns is 20 cents in real money. This could also be done with in game gold. The cost would also depend on the level of the companion and go up at higher levels.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
CaptainAureus on Jan 11, 2013 wrote:
Ok, my "Swapping powers between companions" idea was quite frowned upon and to be honest, they were right. Companions promote at different levels and that would really mess everything up so I did some thinking and came up with this idea. When you promote a companion and give them a new talent(s), you can spend 200 crowns to buy an extra power for that companion. For example. You get a companion that has blade storm and first strike. You promote them and can give them riposte (did I spell that right?), vengeance strike, relentless or second chance. But lets says you really want them to gain 2 powers for this promotion (I know some can receive 2 after a promotion but this is just an example.) You can get the one for free from the promotion, lets say I give them second chance, after giving them that new talent a note will pop up asking "Spend 200 crowns to buy extra power?" [yes?] [No?]. Click yes and 200 crowns will be deducted from your balance and you will be able to buy an extra talent. Click no and the notice will go away, but, the option will always be available to open in case you want to go with it and buy the extra talent. This notice will only appear after a promotion and only ONE extra power can be bought at a time. The only time it will appear again is after the next promotion and still will only be ONE extra and will stay the same price of 200 crowns. Same with a new companion from a quest who is already able to have new talents given to them, a notice will appear asking if you want to spend crowns for an extra talent. I know some characters like monkey king, and the Neko the cat ninja are super high lvl already. They will have the buy extra talent for crowns notice twice because at that lvl, most companions have already been promoted 2 times. Its kind of hard to explain the rest, but I'm sure you guys can understand where I'm coming from. Tell me what you think.

~Bloody Wolf Freeman~
Although it would be nice to have additional companion attacks, powers, and talents, it would have to be bought off at a special vendor. It sounds like you're asking to have companions have more attacks than their own after promotions. I would like to see that happen, though. No major offense about your idea, because it sounds nice. Acquiring more companion attacks would be nice, but they ought to be bought off at a special vendor only, and they have to be purchased when they reach certain levels only. Conclusion? You may need to think about this one over. Nice idea, though.