Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ship EPICS

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
if ships had epics......woah! that would just be so awesome!

like i always imagine the Efreet with relentless lol plz take this idea into consideration

THX!

Xavier veldon

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2009
If they did this with ALL of the enemy ships imagine what would happen, but I think this is a really good idea!
The problem is, ships are ships, enemies are enemies. Ship fights would always seem like "Stupendor X battles" and people who know that battle know that it's hard.

If this did happen then many of the Mooshu ships would be hard or impossible to defeat.

But don't get my words wrong, I still think this is a neat idea

Petty Officer
Dec 09, 2012
Ships do have hits with their specials now and again that do more damage than usual. For example, I have a MB galleon, and my prow and horn do literally 399 each, each time. But sometimes, it is about 599. I would consider that as its epic.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
i do hear all of you lol bt dubs, i meant the summons of the ships, example, my ship wouldn't have relentless, the Efreet himself would have it, whoever bears the horn, bears the epic, that means whatever the jade fleet summon would determine the epics it have, now, with that said, i asess your replies

Caitlin, that is true, but all that has to happen is that the epics are strategically given, for an instance the jade fleet have two dragons, i no one is drakes breath i not sure the other one, but anyway only the HORN would have the epic, so i no drakes breath isnt the horn but if it was, it could say have..vengeance strike, this has chance of happening, but when you attack the ship, with your horn, the drakes breath will instantly summon if it so happened to trigger that time, it will be a small bit weaker though, like 15% weaker than regular, this would NOT instantly trigger the countdown of the drakes breath, it wont count that the jade fleet used the horn yet, so it will still be open to summoning. the ships could have some epics, like, all enemy ships could have double tap, were as, if they blow up one ship their horn will instantly summon on another enemy, they can also have cheap shot i think the winter scythe would do good with second chance, if you summon him, and he miss the ship (hi miss a lot) he will second chance and may hap hit it, this second chance would be a 100% chance of triggering. if the dryad had double tap that would be real good, i o ships like to gang up on us :P lol so when the dryad destroy a ship, she double tap and attack another, this would also be 100% chance.

another is the wicked verdant dragon he could have riposte, if the enemy summon a horn and it miss, LO AND BEHOLD! the verdant dragon appears and he DOES hit more on ripostes like normal, he could probably deal 700 damage on a riposte if he had it that would be wicked! lol

Cunning Xavier Veldon lvl 50

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
yes heavy shark i know what you mean lol many times my summons hit more than they suppose to, like i can calculate what is the maximum and minimum my things hit so like my top ship damage is 150, (hypothetically) my verdant dragon is a 3.5x so the max it can hit is 525, but some times, it hit 548! BUT NOW, i wouldnt consider this an epic, but more an critical hit. so i ask KI to show super hit/ mega hit/ epic hit when a ship does critical (because we know they can lol) and also show the white numbers for extra "Dramatic flarrre!" XD

so this would come under a critical hit, not an epic, i think the epics can work out thank you all for listening!

Xavier Veldon lvl 50

Petty Officer
Dec 09, 2012
I agree with you Cunning Xavier Veldon. And unless you are a different one, I am friends with you, Modest Noah Underhill, buccaneer class, lvl 50. However, yes, I agree, doing just plainly more damage would be like an epic. However, with epic talents, I disagree. It would make broadside combat a lot more complicated for people doing their first ship battle with their raft.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Wow yes heavyshark i do know you on the game :D awesome! lol and i have a simple solution first of all, there would be boochbeard to help explain the horn epics, and two, you wont find epics on a horn or ship until nautical lvl 24+

Cunning Xavier Veldon

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
now another thing is, the horns epic will show up on the bar, the epic will be something you activate, like for an instance, the winter scythe, when you have him equipped, a fifth power is on your ships powers bar, it stay on for say..20 sec and have a refill of 30, when you press you number five key, it activates second chance, as long as second chance is active, the winter scythe will second chance ONCE if he misses a ship, if you summon him without hitting the 5 key he simply cannot use the second chance epic, because you didn't activate it, and so forth with the rest of horns, like the dryad, when you equip her, the fifth power is on the bar, double tap, now since double tap is not as powerful as second chance (or so it seems to me) then double tap could fill faster, stays on 20 sec and refill in 25, this would make helping little people MUCH, MUCH easier, because since she could probably destroy the ships in one attack, you could activate double tap, and summon her, and as long as double tap is running, you go into a group of four ships, and she just destroys one, DOUBLE TAP! destroys another DOUBLE TAP! destroy another and keep going till she reach four

NOW, this may seem a bit over powered and/or reckless, but you could just cut it down to make it fair to your standards KI

THX AGAIN! Xavier (gets annoying typing full name sometimes lol )

Community Leader
Perhaps, instead of Epics, each of our ship weapons - figurehead, horn & cannon - could get a Critical chance. Just as attacks on land can Critical for extra damage, I'd love to see a Critical Medusa strike down a Bison raider or two.

Along similar lines, how about wheels with a chance of a Critical heal? One of those could really save our bacon from getting boarded or sunk when a pack of Jade Fleet gangs up on us!

Hmm, perhaps as the level cap is raised we might start seeing ship Criticals in the topmost powerful vessels?

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
as i told heavy shark, ships can already hit critical, read through our post

thx all

Project X

(that is my new code name XD )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Speed Switch on Apr 10, 2013 wrote:
yes heavy shark i know what you mean lol many times my summons hit more than they suppose to, like i can calculate what is the maximum and minimum my things hit so like my top ship damage is 150, (hypothetically) my verdant dragon is a 3.5x so the max it can hit is 525, but some times, it hit 548! BUT NOW, i wouldnt consider this an epic, but more an critical hit. so i ask KI to show super hit/ mega hit/ epic hit when a ship does critical (because we know they can lol) and also show the white numbers for extra "Dramatic flarrre!" XD

so this would come under a critical hit, not an epic, i think the epics can work out thank you all for listening!

Xavier Veldon lvl 50
I agree, having numbers would be nice info but maybe just put them in the text box as excess numbers clutter up the screen for those of us that love to take screen shots of the action in the game. Sound like a good compromise?

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Speed Switch on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
if ships had epics......woah! that would just be so awesome!

like i always imagine the Efreet with relentless lol plz take this idea into consideration

THX!

Xavier veldon
Nice idea, I think they should make this stat for your ship "Back fire" where your enemy's own firepower is turned on them.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
that could be something on some special sails,

hey ratbeard and jack, plz could yall give some input on this and i dont mean come and say "we'll be sure to forward your request" or something like that i mean give your opinions please

thx!