Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Equipment: Look vs. Stats

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 01, 2010
I'd like to know how people prefer their equipment in Pirate101: do you prefer to have a good look; have equipment that matches each other in looks? Or do you ignore fashion and just go for equipment with the better stats. For me, i prefer equipment with good stats over good looks when questing. However, when i'm just chatting with friends at their home or mine, i prefer fashion a little bit more. I know people would often just stitch equipment stats with a better look (why else would people have wanted the seemstross in the game?) but forget all that here. I want to know if you're a big hit for equipment with better looks or better stats. I'm looking forward to hearing your replies.

Shout-out to my closest friends on Pirate101:
Sydney/ Jacqueline Windlass and Loveable/Silent Pearl Morgan

See ye all around the Spiral and Skyways:
Humble Jack Jackson, lvl 27 Buccaneer
Wordy Paul Jackson, lvl 9 Witchdoctor
Quick Aedan Jackson, lvl 9 Swashbuckler
Loyal Oran Jackson, lvl 8 Privateer
Connor Jackson, lvl 9 Musketeer

Community Leader
I usually just care about stats, unless it's a top-level pirate and a really high-end item that I just can't stand, then I'll give in and stitch it. But if it's a lower-level pirate I won't stitch at all, I just wait for them to gain a few levels and outgrow it instead.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Ensign
Jul 26, 2009
Buccaneer Jackson on May 2, 2013 wrote:
I'd like to know how people prefer their equipment in Pirate101: do you prefer to have a good look; have equipment that matches each other in looks? Or do you ignore fashion and just go for equipment with the better stats. For me, i prefer equipment with good stats over good looks when questing. However, when i'm just chatting with friends at their home or mine, i prefer fashion a little bit more. I know people would often just stitch equipment stats with a better look (why else would people have wanted the seemstross in the game?) but forget all that here. I want to know if you're a big hit for equipment with better looks or better stats. I'm looking forward to hearing your replies.

Shout-out to my closest friends on Pirate101:
Sydney/ Jacqueline Windlass and Loveable/Silent Pearl Morgan

See ye all around the Spiral and Skyways:
Humble Jack Jackson, lvl 27 Buccaneer
Wordy Paul Jackson, lvl 9 Witchdoctor
Quick Aedan Jackson, lvl 9 Swashbuckler
Loyal Oran Jackson, lvl 8 Privateer
Connor Jackson, lvl 9 Musketeer
I'll take both the look and the stats and go to the stitchery shop.