Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Will we ever get more sleep tokens

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 16, 2011
Is there any part of the game where you more sleep tokens. There are still some companions that join that are only level 19 and I am in Marleybone. I don't have alot of money so I can't level them up and I already have 8 level 50 companions that almost never join when I need them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Your best bet would be to farm Friar Sand in Mooshu for a while. He gives great gold, an average of 5 to 7 thousand per fight if there are more that one person farming, it's slight lower if you are soloing. I farmed him for a couple of days and got all three of my level 50 pirate's companions to level 50 ( this was before the update). He gives some awesome drops too including his weapon. And, since you only have to defeat him the battle is over in two or three rounds. Just go to the corrupted shrine in Subata. If you are facing the main temple with the winter mountains on your left, it is right behind you. Turn around and go to the next dock on the left and go to the temple there. He is in the center. You will be maxing out your gold in no time.

Petty Officer
Feb 13, 2013
I would say no.We usually don't get more than three things like these.In beta you could have ten mojo potions but they cut it down to three.

Community Leader
MustachCashDash on May 25, 2013 wrote:
Is there any part of the game where you more sleep tokens. There are still some companions that join that are only level 19 and I am in Marleybone. I don't have alot of money so I can't level them up and I already have 8 level 50 companions that almost never join when I need them.
I have to say, I was a little perplexed by your problem: you have crew members that are level 19, you are in Marleybone and they show up to battle? Depending on your class, if you have collected most of your crew members from sidequests, you will have 20+ crew members. In my experience, it is extremely rare for any crew member on the 2nd page of the crew sheet to show up at all. It usually draws from the first 2 lines.

You also say that you have 8 companions at level 50. If you are in Marleybone, I'll assume you are at least 51 or 52. With every level, you gain 3 training points. If you only have 8 companions that are at level 50 or better, given the random nature of most encounters, it's a good idea to spend those training points a bit more evenly than using all three to bring Bonnie Anne (or whatever first mate you're using) from 1 level below your pirate level to equal. 1 training point given to that level 19 crew member will raise then 5 levels. If my math is correct, you could raise a level 19 crew member to lvl 34 just by leveling up your pirate. Or, you could spend 20,000g a piece (roughly) and get them to level 40. They will still be far behind, but less likely to be one shotted.

20k gold isn't all that much if you're running around Marleybone. In just my play session over the weekend where I just mostly the mainline quests to get through the Isle of Dogs content, I earned around 80,000g from battles and selling equipment. That's enough to bring 2 or 3 crewmen to a few levels below you.

I hope some of this helped, and if not, give us some more specific details and we'll see if we can trouble shoot the problem!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
MustachCashDash on May 25, 2013 wrote:
Farm for gold there is your money. 1 tomb at low 50's is cheap a 19 would get 10+/- levels per tomb in the start :-) There is no excuse for that kind of level difference between you and you companions. This is something you can fix on your own. You can feeload off fleets of ships doing AQ boss ship in the skyway you can get 100-200k in just a couple hours plus level your ship too ;p So really there is no excuse , tokens are good how they are. Might want to spice up PVP and make the last two companions randoms :-)

Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
i agree with valzabrat i spent quite a bit of time farming friar on all 5 of my pirates to get all companions to level 50 ( that was before expansion). the reason i promoted all of them is because i have realized early in the game that the lower level companions seem to join more frequently when they are a lower level, even if they are last on the list, at least with me that seems to be the case.

i would suggest you farm sandy and get all your companions up to level 50 otherwise you are going to struggle in marleybone. (its tough enough with all of them at level 50 lol).

also i would suggest only spending a single training point when companions can gain two levels, or at the very least one level.

i am curious, do you do the side quests? there are a lot of training points to gain from side quests and if you find yourself short on gold, try do a side quest or two that reward you with training points.

as far as more benched points being awarded i think that either the magic number is 3, or that we will get another one at level 65, because it seems like we gain one every 15-20 levels. i have only made it to level 61, and have not received any additional benched points but i will let you know when i get to 65.

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2010
Originally, before the level cap was raised to 65.
We got one sleep credit, every 15 levels.

So that should indicate another at level 60.
Shouldn't it?