Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Which Class House is best?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
I am torn between the houses. Each one is amazingly cool, but I only have enough money for one! I'd like to hear your opinions Pirates!

A little side information, I am a Buccaneer! I have seen some previews of the houses but with no preview button, I cannot decide which house because I have no idea what each house is like!

Give a fellow Pirate a hand!

Ensign
May 24, 2012
I think the Witchdoctor house is the coolest. But that's just because I'm a Witchdoctor.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Ruthless Anthony on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
I am torn between the houses. Each one is amazingly cool, but I only have enough money for one! I'd like to hear your opinions Pirates!

A little side information, I am a Buccaneer! I have seen some previews of the houses but with no preview button, I cannot decide which house because I have no idea what each house is like!

I second this. KI, is there any way you could make it to where we can tour the house before we buy it? Thanks! :D

~Elizabeth, level 15 ~

Captain
May 16, 2011
I also think the Witchdoctor's home is the coolest. I haven't bought it, but I have been given a tour by a friend. Currently I'm saving up to buy it.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Rake's Lagoon for the win, high class standards with a hint of wondrous beauty. Also there is a TON of cool stuff in that house.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Agreed. But until then, there are some videos on Youtube that tour the houses.

Personally, I am torn between the witchdoctor, privateer, and swashbuckler houses. If you want a mansion, chose Swashbuckler. If you want a more town-like setting choose the Privateer. If you want a strange, mysterious, and mystical setting, you know what to buy. Plus, every house has unique odds and ends that make it a real interesting location to spend time in.

That's all for now. we'll talk soon. but until then,

Impish Omar Underwood

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Swashbuckler or Privateer. I can't decided, but I'm probably going with the Swashbuckler's house .

I see there's no love for the Buccaneer or Musketeer houses . I think those are kinda cool. Buccaneer has a basement (or something) and a giant squid lives there XD (at least, that's what I saw from a YouTube vid.). While the Musketeer's have, like, 100 guns surrounding their place (just about each one usable) and is huge...

I just like Swashbuckler's house because [i'm Swashbuckler] it's a huge house with lots of space and trap doors, and looks so cool

I think KI really outdone themselves here

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
I think the privateer house is best because it reminds me of mb without the night sky, and while i'm here ki can you please put in a house with mb's night sky

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
I think they are all great. I love my musketeer house. But my witchdoctor house is soooo cool! I haven't seen the swashbuckler house yet. I do plan to get one for my swashbuckler but I don't see how any of them could top the Haunted Grotto witchdoctor house. This was a great addition to an already great game.Yay KingsIsle!

Wicked Erin, Self Appointed Unlimited Class World Swashbuckling Champion Supreme
Red India, Self Appointed Unlimited Class Master Musketeer Champion Supreme
Dark Destiny, Self Appointed Unlimited Class Dark Arts Witchdoctor Champion Supreme

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Ruthless Anthony on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:

I'd say they're all good in their own way. (I suspect the only reason no one has said Musketeer or Buccaneer houses are awesome because no one seems to like those classes and don't bother to buy them. -sighs- Unfortunately...)

For a Buccaneer, I can easily say the Skullrock Stronghold is the best. It has a squid you can feed, a pretty awesome training area for blocking and things, and a storm outside. It's amazingly large and a perfect place for Buccaneers.

Privateers have the Commodore's Garrison, which I think is a wonderful house and is indeed perfectly suited to a Privateer. The table with the ships on it is good for strategy and has some really nice aspects.

Musketeers have the Sharpshooter's Citadel, which is my favorite. It's like a castle with loads of guns everywhere! Inside you have a training area where you can shoot clockwork dolls and practice shooting, sniping, sharpshooting...yea. It has a tremendous amount of space and I enjoy it.

The Rake's Lagoon is a fun one. The statue of El Toro is tons of fun and the house has its own rather dangerous training area. It's rather hard to dodge spikes, fire, and saw blades. The house is... smaller in indoor space if I say so myself, and has an Armada ship to enjoy. Well, half a ship.

The Haunted Grotto easily makes my top three, with its creepy, surprisingly fun features. But getting trapped in a skeleton's mouth is NOT FUN. It is, I find, a lovely place to tell scary stories and to just enjoy yourself. It's a pretty peaceful area if you like skulls, charms, cauldrons, and purple water, all of which I enjoy and I'm definitely getting this house for my Witchdoctor.

Ciao!

Ensign
Apr 12, 2010
I like the Buccaneer house... the lightning and rain - the Valencian sky... nice mix!

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Thanks everyone for all of your feedback!!!

I am now the proud owner of a Skullrock stronghold for my Buccaneer!

But continue suggesting! I find this a good thread for people who aren't to sure what to buy!

(I have named my Squid Leeroy and Leeroy shall be mine )

Community Leader
Going primarily by initial look/effect when entering the property.
Witchdoctors house... all the way. The color combinations, and its overall "look" are very cool/effective, and creates an initial awe factor the others don't.

However all the houses are excellent by far.
Impact of features, and fun factors vary depending on each user preferences.
Just wish they all had an El Toro statue! :P

Housing in Pirate101 has definately been set a few bars over Wizard101 standards (IMO).

I will likely buy them all, one for each of my pirates, of the appropriate class for that pirate.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
I bought the witchdoctor house and its scary!!!!!! But, it's pretty cool. They're all really cool though! I've been to all of them. I think it just depends on what you like and what class you are. I have to admit, if I wasn't a witchdoctor, I would've bought a different house. But, I'm glad I bought it and now, I feel like I have school spirit! Yay!

Rachel - Level 33

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
I like the witchdoctor house best .romantic rebbeca Irving level 62 witchdoctor .

Ensign
Jun 06, 2011
Get either the swashbuckler house or the privateer house. They are the best of them all.