Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

bonnie anne no good!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 14, 2012
Bonnie Anne has 60 Dodge and 160 to 290 Damage so that's weak!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Well I guess that would depend on what level she is at and what training you have put into her. Would you care to elaborate?

First Mate
May 01, 2012
You neglect to mention the level of your Pirate and Bonnie Anne's level.

Myself, I prefer to have Bonnie Anne as my first mate because of her Double Tap ability which she starts with and her partial Rouse healing ability. As her level increases, so does her Accuracy, Dodge and other statistics. Since she does not have a high Dodge, I usually keep her in the rear of the group where long range attacks should be kept unless they have a high amount of hit points.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
She's not that bad. She can be one of your best companions!

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Well, it'd would help if you had Burst Fire 2 or at least Burst Fire (Note: get Burst Fire 2 if you have her promoted to Sniper). With a Burst Fire chain (with Burst Fire 2), she could deal well over (with your Bonnie's attack) 600+ damage, if it triggers all 3 times, and if it all at least hits her minimum damage.

Another thing is her heal. She can be a VERY big life saver when you need it. Her heal has infinite range, and it heals a generally good amount.

It mainly just depends on your strategy and how you train her. Mercenaries for Charter and Duelist101 have very good guides and tips on strategy, and companion training. Duelist101 recently posted some good tips on how to train Bonnie Anne. Read some of their guides, they're plenty useful!

~Quick Pearl

Petty Officer
Sep 23, 2012
Are you kiting bonnie anne is awesome i beat fort basset with her and rookie

Ensign
Jun 30, 2013
What!? Bonnie Anne is one of my favorite companions. Granted, her dodge might not be that good, but does it really matter when she shouldn't be up in the midst of the fighting in the first place? My Bonnie Anne is a Highlander, and I've trained her the epics Burst Fire 2, Quick Draw, and Overwatch as well as the Double Tap epic she starts with. She's saved my life multiple times and can be a heavy hitter when you need her to be. Not to mention her awesome Scatterblast and Healing ability.

Maybe you should try a different strategy with her? Keep her at the back of your battles and let her slowly tear down your opponent's health. Once your opponent is about to die, let Bonnie Anne finish it off so Double Tap will activate and maybe the Burst Fire chain will activate as well, dishing out brutal damage and ensuring your win - hopefully.

Ensign
Aug 02, 2013
The first companion you get (whether it's Kobe, Egg Shen, Wing Chun, Subodai, or the witchdoctor one that I don't know) will always deal the most damage, so make sure you train them as much as possible. Bonnie Anne isn't the greatest companion.

Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
BigLollipop002 on Aug 13, 2013 wrote:
The first companion you get (whether it's Kobe, Egg Shen, Wing Chun, Subodai, or the witchdoctor one that I don't know) will always deal the most damage, so make sure you train them as much as possible. Bonnie Anne isn't the greatest companion.
Kan Po is the witchdoctor companion. And I'd have to say I disagree. I have some companions that do better than my Kan Po (who I DO train). Some of my other companions such as Lucy Sterling, Temujin and Monkey King deal more damage than Kan Po. They can also stay alive a bit longer. I don't have Bonnie Anne as my first mate, but she's my second. Bonnie Anne IS a pretty good companion and there are many battles I would've lost without her.

Rachel - Level 47

Ensign
Dec 27, 2012
Bonnie Anne not good? Sounds more like "user error."

My Bonnie Anne (Sharp Shooter) is currently level 13. I have her with +rough, +agility. +life. Her epics are Double Tap and Burst x2. Her average attack is in the 55 to 65 point range, and she uses burst at a 1/3 ratio. With a single Burst she dose 110 to 130 points of damage, with a double burst she dose 165 to 195 points of damage, and with a rare triple burst she will do 220 to 230 points of damage.

Now because the results or random and I don't know if she will give me a single, double, triple, or the quadruple attack; it puts her attack range from 55 to 230 points. At level 13.

At her next "upgrade" I plan on given her quick draw and the one that lets her shoot at incoming baddies witch will only make her more deadly.

FYI do to a unforeseen erasing of my character I'm currently playing a level 15 swashbuckler.

Ensign
Nov 11, 2012
Bonnie Anne is weak? I doubt it. She's one of my best characters and I always have her in a tough boss battle. Of course, she isn't a tank and can't take TOO many hits and she won't survive for long if she's taking all of the damage. What I suggest is to keep her within close range so that she can hit, but not so close that she can BE hit by a close range enemy. Next, simply place your close ranged guys in front or around her and have them fight everyone else, because they can take more punishment from the enemy. After that, just have her use her specials whenever there are too many enemies crowding in front of your close ranged guys, or use her healing spell which will sometimes bring back a lot of health when you're deep in the red. I hope this helps.

--Unreal

Ensign
Nov 23, 2012
Krokotopia432 on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
don't worry I hate her with a passion as well

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
she is a awesome companion but her health is low. even at sniper. shes not my first though, el toro is but shes second. when you promote el toro and make bonnie ann a sniper those two together can put a decent sized dent into a boss from mooshu before they both die.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
TheDragonspyrePira... on Sep 25, 2013 wrote:
she is a awesome companion but her health is low. even at sniper. shes not my first though, el toro is but shes second. when you promote el toro and make bonnie ann a sniper those two together can put a decent sized dent into a boss from mooshu before they both die.
Give her every rank of tough then.

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2011
your crazy unless your like level 55

Ensign
Dec 01, 2012
She is supposed to have a small amount of dodge. she is a after all! tip : put her behind a line of companions and your character . they will attack those in the front , she is now safer.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
she's probably lvl 55 at that power, but it is abolutely DEFINITELY! your fault that she is weak, also, she isnt suppose to have much dodge

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
I would had never thought it possible for someone not to like Bonnie Anne...

Petty Officer
Jun 08, 2012
Bloody Belle on Sep 30, 2013 wrote:
I would had never thought it possible for someone not to like Bonnie Anne...
I know lots... I used to be one of them, now she's in my top 5.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
well i just promoted bonnie to sniper and i gotta say, she is one of my most powerful companions ever!

Petty Officer
Mar 29, 2012
Bonnie anne is just great, she saved my life so many times!, x gives bonnie a high five x
you just need to give her some love, and that counts not only for bonnie but also for your other companions, then they all stands ready for you, good times and bad times x nice talking cap'n my cap'n x thanks scratch x hooray for the little captain x hahaha, thanks to you all!

Blaze

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Blaze Carter on Oct 27, 2013 wrote:
Bonnie anne is just great, she saved my life so many times!, x gives bonnie a high five x
you just need to give her some love, and that counts not only for bonnie but also for your other companions, then they all stands ready for you, good times and bad times x nice talking cap'n my cap'n x thanks scratch x hooray for the little captain x hahaha, thanks to you all!

Blaze
I couldn't agree more. More times than I can count a bad guy got too close to my Bonnie Anne and her overwatch triggered and she proceeded to burst fire them down to a greasy spot on the ground, then she double taps and does it again. These are moves that I didn't even use a turn to direct, she is that lethal just on autopilot, lol.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
i really want my own army of skelatal pirates! strong ones, not like those super weak ones at shady hollow, but like the strong ones in the hanted skyway!

Ensign
Nov 01, 2012
Well as this is in the SI place and not the MS place we can see that it was a new person messaging and put it in the wrong forum. Remember, Bonnie Anne WAS pretty bad until you promoted her ;).

Ensign
Jun 04, 2012
Bonnie Anne is awesome mine is level 65. I train all my companions to top. We did extra quests when she leveled up, as I am level 65 witch doctor. I train all my companions, takes work and do lots of quests and enemies. There are times when Bonnie was only one left but she is best to have. Never put her in danger, leave her by you to protect and ya will find your best warrior. I just finished Aquila and she was definitely needed there my swordsman would fall. she learns a lot more as all warriors will as you go along. She is long distance fighter but does stock hit after level 60 quest.