Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What would you do if...

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
I'd probably suck up to Kane and become his most trusted clockwork elite. Then I'd take over and rule the Armada! Fear me pirates, for I will be the one taking your gold from now on!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
winter goddess on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
Two things ....

one: your responses are ENTERTAINING funny!
two: Should we continue this chain only in a different way? here i'll give ya a new question ....

What would you do if you fall under a curse, thust turning from a human .... to a animal of some sort!
I hate to admit it and I never in my wildest nightmares thought I would dare to say it.....but I would want to turn into a cockroach, so that I would be guaranteed to survive the bitter and near apocalyptic war between the pirates and the Armada. I am all about survival mode.

And besides they are perhaps, maybe, kinda, sorta, somewhat like swashbucklers (especially if you tilt your head slightly to the side......no the other side......and really think about it......a little bit further......yea, that's it). They can be found walking in darkness, hiding in shadows, and using stealth to strike fear into all giant beings and then backstab when you are least expecting it...........................ok, so maybe not the backstabbing part.

Wow, suddenly cockroaches seem pretty darn cool (I can just picture one executing the Dance of Steel) and I do believe that I have a new found admiration for them....ok maybe not....but they are just like swashbucklers none the less. So, without a doubt, it's a cockroach for me.

Ensign
Nov 11, 2012
I too would fall off a cliff. OR.... Be an elite clockwork and take over all other clockworks! They must have some sort of network, right? Then I'd make the Armada work for pirates!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 1, 2014 wrote:
I hate to admit it and I never in my wildest nightmares thought I would dare to say it.....but I would want to turn into a cockroach, so that I would be guaranteed to survive the bitter and near apocalyptic war between the pirates and the Armada. I am all about survival mode.

And besides they are perhaps, maybe, kinda, sorta, somewhat like swashbucklers (especially if you tilt your head slightly to the side......no the other side......and really think about it......a little bit further......yea, that's it). They can be found walking in darkness, hiding in shadows, and using stealth to strike fear into all giant beings and then backstab when you are least expecting it...........................ok, so maybe not the backstabbing part.

Wow, suddenly cockroaches seem pretty darn cool (I can just picture one executing the Dance of Steel) and I do believe that I have a new found admiration for them....ok maybe not....but they are just like swashbucklers none the less. So, without a doubt, it's a cockroach for me.
I am sorry, but just Ewwww . I was delighted at your presentation and you had me giggling at the head tilt stuff (hence the yar) and your points on swashy traits are on target *Ducks out of the way from knives thrown at me by Golden Chrissy & then leaps in the air to avoid a very furious Sara Steele & grabs laptop and dives into rope closet & slams & bars the door.* Anyway, *ignores infuriated pounding on door*, I can appreciate the similarities in style and in one horrible home from my far past I do remember that particular type of bug posting sentries to let the colony know that the cost was clear so I know that they are intelligent but just eww. I just can't get past that girly reaction to bugs. (My apologies to any lady entomologists out there.)

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
I think I would best prefer to be a Warg. I've got a character in one of my stories who's a Warg, and he's a huge, huge wolf with bear-like qualities -- hence his name, Bear. Each paw isn't just a paw, but a hand, similar to those that bears have. Each claw is the size of a knife, and a wolf like this the size of a Kodiak is nothing I would like to challenge. Pointed ears, large muzzle and even bigger teeth... I think that being a Warg would be awesome. XD

Ensign
Mar 13, 2011
I would run around everywhere screaming, and run off the edge of Skull Island

Ensign
Mar 13, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:

No Way, Absolutely No Way am I gonna believe that our beloved Dr. Sam is a clockwork. This is a forged letter. It just HAS to be. x Stomps Foot x
I simply refuse to believe this

Anne, Scratchy I want you to go over every microscopic fiber of this letter and show me how it is a forgery.

El Torro, Hawk, Argos, and Gracie I want you out there, On The Double and FIND SAM. Rescue him, I just know it in my knower that he has been kidnapped or something horrible to keep him from verifying that this letter did Not come from him.

Everyone else on my crew. Get all the ships out of storage. Unbottle the entire fleet and Find Our Beloved Dr. Sam.

x Wanders off to quietly have a nervous breakdown x
I don't even know how the Armada was smart enough to find this forum topic in the first place! But I am on your side! Magical from Noble Danielle Taylor
Keep it cool.

Ensign
Mar 13, 2011
Sam Underhill on Sep 15, 2013 wrote:
Pitiful pirate. A typical living reaction. You take no pride in being part of the whole, but rebel against everything you cannot control yourselves. We take pride in our ability to serve our Great Leader Kane however we can. Whether each of us continues to exist while doing so is of no importance. Only the Grand Design is permitted to continue and flourish. Surrender now and you will not be harmed, but relocated for your own protection. We do not eat, we do not sleep, we never tire. Surrender or die.

x em pleh x
One question. How do you clockworks get on Pirate101 Forums, and what is your brains made of?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 1, 2014 wrote:
I am sorry, but just Ewwww . I was delighted at your presentation and you had me giggling at the head tilt stuff (hence the yar) and your points on swashy traits are on target *Ducks out of the way from knives thrown at me by Golden Chrissy & then leaps in the air to avoid a very furious Sara Steele & grabs laptop and dives into rope closet & slams & bars the door.* Anyway, *ignores infuriated pounding on door*, I can appreciate the similarities in style and in one horrible home from my far past I do remember that particular type of bug posting sentries to let the colony know that the cost was clear so I know that they are intelligent but just eww. I just can't get past that girly reaction to bugs. (My apologies to any lady entomologists out there.)
Yes they are some pesky little buggers and oh so resilient. And by the way I have witnessed more than a few boys display that 'girly reaction' you speak of when it comes to seeing a bug. Amazing how such small creatures can humble even the mightiest of us warriors.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 1, 2014 wrote:
hey I'm one of those lady entomologists Chrissy, or at least almost.
I do only deal with aquatic insects, or instects that have at least one aquatic life stage. However I do also work with other aquatic invertebrates such as molluscs, and others. And I also think that cockroaches are kinda cool.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
CdeWinter on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:
I do only deal with aquatic insects, or instects that have at least one aquatic life stage. However I do also work with other aquatic invertebrates such as molluscs, and others. And I also think that cockroaches are kinda cool.
That sounds fantastically interesting CdeWinter! I have a friend who is an entomologist and I have always being fascinated by any creature that moves. In fact, I get even more excited than my son when he calls me over to check out a bug or some other creature. We often go on critter scavenger hunts, we just forget to make a check list first. You line of work does indeed sound WAY cool.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CdeWinter on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:
Yea I remember seeing a movie based on a book that I had also read about an entomologist that worked with cockroaches and they somehow got super smart and started to spell words with their bodies to communicate with their 'friend'. They looked like the bug world of a marching band racing around to spell messages and it was indeed fascinating. The only problem was they considered themselves to be the higher intelligence and killed their 'friend' and quite a few other humans before they were destroyed. Well except for those few that always show up just before credits to let you know that they will be back with a vengeance, baring any studio financing issues.
But still Eww.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012

A cockroach -- that was a pretty funny (but imaginative ) answer, Valkoor! Though now I am having weird visions of a cockroach doing the Dance of Steel (well, they are pretty fast!)

But for me, I would say that survival isn't everything -- though I certainly hope we will nip Kane's plans in the bud and not set off the apocalyptic war that Ares so cheerfully (!) envisions. As my crew merrily excuses reckless behavior: 'who wants to live forever!' (Though living long would be nice!) Yes, my little lark could get eaten by a hawk, but she'd have a glorious time of it first, thinking of the beautiful song written in the 12th C. by Bernard de Ventadorn (I may not be remembering the spelling of his name right), which starts something like this:

"When I behold the lark arise/ With wings of joy on heaven's height/
To drop at last from flooded skies/ Lost in its fullness of delight..."

(now I'm singing that song in my head, a happy side-effect )

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Anne Radcliffe on Jan 5, 2014 wrote:
A cockroach -- that was a pretty funny (but imaginative ) answer, Valkoor! Though now I am having weird visions of a cockroach doing the Dance of Steel (well, they are pretty fast!)

But for me, I would say that survival isn't everything -- though I certainly hope we will nip Kane's plans in the bud and not set off the apocalyptic war that Ares so cheerfully (!) envisions. As my crew merrily excuses reckless behavior: 'who wants to live forever!' (Though living long would be nice!) Yes, my little lark could get eaten by a hawk, but she'd have a glorious time of it first, thinking of the beautiful song written in the 12th C. by Bernard de Ventadorn (I may not be remembering the spelling of his name right), which starts something like this:

Ah, perhaps you are right, Anne- there is definitely more to life than merely going on living. I guess survival can be quite overrated, I mean who wants to just survive in a desolate wasteland brought on by Kane's brilliant madness. Why not go out in a splendid and unrelenting blaze of glory!

And by the way in order to learn the Dance of Steel, a cockroach would rightfully so have to make more than one trip to Morgan LaFitte- somersaulting and cartwheeling is indeed unnatural to them and would require exhaustive efforts on their part.

In all seriousness and goofing aside (not too far aside mind you) your literary prowess is astounding! I would love to have your knowledge of literature and be able to recite writings as incredible as those found in Ventadorn's song. That is one thing that I have gained from my time here on the boards. A new found (well, actually rekindled) admiration for classic literature. With the many great postings in the role plays I am eager to more thoroughly explore the fine arts. So a big Thank You to you Anne and the other many wonderful writers on these boards.

Now, my goofiness has been stifled for far to long. So I leave you with an excerpt from a not-so-well known 21st Century poem written by an equally unknown writer, that surprisingly relates to the topic.

"My eyes gain a glimpse of a nimble cockroach pass/ I do a dance as if walking on broken glass...
Why must thou mock me with thy devilish grin/ For I trust in those walls- you dwell within...
Alas I am certain I am on your trail/ Still the searching is endless and to no avail...
Haunted visions of a swiftly moving shell/ And worthless tactics, your steely armor repels...
Or perhaps it is better for us to coexist/ For you and I alone may endure Kane's Apocalypse...
Farewell, my new friend- scurry away/ Here's hoping we gaze upon the heavens for one more day."

Let's just hope that this poem does not get stuck in your head as well- I shutter at the thought.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Anne Radcliffe on Jan 5, 2014 wrote:

I thought you may also enjoy an excerpt from a poem about the bird you speak so fondly of. The poem is called The Lark Ascending by English, Victorian era novelist and poet George Meredith (1837-1909). Here are the first few lines of the poem and yes you will notice that it is a wee bit more splendid than my meager offering, hey but at least I tried.

HE rises and begins to round, He drops the silver chain of sound,
Of many links without a break, In chirrup, whistle, slur and shake,
All intervolv’d and spreading wide, Like water-dimples down a tide,
Where ripple ripple overcurls, And eddy into eddy whirls,
A press of hurried notes that run, So fleet they scarce are more than one,
Yet changingly the trills repeat, And linger ringing while they fleet,

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
I guess if we are being technical I would be what Kane made me and do what he says because I am pretty much a robot made to serve him... That would be a horrible existence though.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
I thought you may also enjoy an excerpt from a poem about the bird you speak so fondly of. The poem is called The Lark Ascending by English, Victorian era novelist and poet George Meredith (1837-1909). Here are the first few lines of the poem and yes you will notice that it is a wee bit more splendid than my meager offering, hey but at least I tried.

HE rises and begins to round, He drops the silver chain of sound,
Of many links without a break, In chirrup, whistle, slur and shake,
All intervolv’d and spreading wide, Like water-dimples down a tide,
Where ripple ripple overcurls, And eddy into eddy whirls,
A press of hurried notes that run, So fleet they scarce are more than one,
Yet changingly the trills repeat, And linger ringing while they fleet,
Truly beautiful. * Sighs delightfully *
Listening to the musical work of Ralph Vaughan Willams, his breathtakingly beautiful classical piece inspired by this work of poetry is sweet enough to bring tears to your eyes. Oh such lovely things there are in our fantastic world. Thank you so much for bringing it to mind for I am listening to it now and I am on bliss overload.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 14, 2014 wrote:
Truly beautiful. * Sighs delightfully *
Listening to the musical work of Ralph Vaughan Willams, his breathtakingly beautiful classical piece inspired by this work of poetry is sweet enough to bring tears to your eyes. Oh such lovely things there are in our fantastic world. Thank you so much for bringing it to mind for I am listening to it now and I am on bliss overload.
Wow, I am so glad you found Ralph Vaughan Williams composition on Merideth's poem to enjoy- I had no idea that it had been translated into a classical piece. I came across it in an older book of Victorian poetry collections that I have and I really enjoyed it. I am glad that I shared it and even happier that you were able to find Williams work and that it brought you such bliss. I am going to have to check it out my self- for I simply must. And you are oh so true that there are such beautiful things in our world, sometimes it just takes searching, discovering and stumbling upon them to fully experience them in all their splendor.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I would be a cog in the soulless machine that is the Armada, unquestionably following the orders of our Supreme Commander Kane, the inferior beings must surrender to the Grand Design. Any interference with said design must be dealt with severely and immediately! For the greater good.
Which is why we fight the Armada!
Death to Kane and his soulless minions!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

OOh, Ooh, Cockroach Companion, who's with me!!!!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
OOh, Ooh, Cockroach Companion, who's with me!!!!
Lol, even though a cockroach can't stand on it's 'hind' legs, I could so see one raised up on it's hind legs with 4 whips in the other 4 legs/hands(?). Or maybe 2 whips and 2 guns (or throwing axes) of some sort...and a chain lightning power coming from it's antennae. I'm definitely hearing the song La Cucaracha playing as it executes an amazing critical strike to start an epic chain. Not a bad name for a companion either...La Cucaracha- El Toro may have finally met his match. I think some sort of 'bug' companion (or even a mount) would actually be rather cool and a tropical world with giant bug and insect enemies and NPCs would be fascinating.

Lieutenant
Jul 15, 2013
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
Lol, even though a cockroach can't stand on it's 'hind' legs, I could so see one raised up on it's hind legs with 4 whips in the other 4 legs/hands(?). Or maybe 2 whips and 2 guns (or throwing axes) of some sort...and a chain lightning power coming from it's antennae. I'm definitely hearing the song La Cucaracha playing as it executes an amazing critical strike to start an epic chain. Not a bad name for a companion either...La Cucaracha- El Toro may have finally met his match. I think some sort of 'bug' companion (or even a mount) would actually be rather cool and a tropical world with giant bug and insect enemies and NPCs would be fascinating.
That's pretty good! I went another way, though take a look at " ideas for new companions " for mine. I credited you for inspiring me, by the way. La Cucaracha would be female?

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
thetotalawesomenes... on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:
I would be Kanes' favourite clockwork... then kill him and REBEL!!!
As once said in one of the old Olympics (forgot which one. But a American said this when he stood up on a Podium and raised his white glove in the air) "fight the power!"

-jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
That's pretty good! I went another way, though take a look at " ideas for new companions " for mine. I credited you for inspiring me, by the way. La Cucaracha would be female?
Oh, I really liked your cockroach companion and swashbuckler does seem to be the most natural fit for the little critter. Love the exoskeleton being the colors of your pirate too. And we weren't too far off as far as weapons go. I could easily see throwing knives, throwing axes or other thrown weapons. I do still kind of like the idea of a dual wielding whip and dual wielding type of thrown weapon- just for some variety. And maybe the antennae could have some type of electrical energy that could be attached to the thrown weapons or the electrical current occasionally just flashes throughout the cockroaches 'body' and charges the weapons....whips or thrown ones. And yes, La Cucaracha would be a lady companion.

Either way I think it would make for an interesting companion for sure. I don't mind a slightly creepier companion to go with all of the cute and cuddly ones- just to add some variety and new flavor. I think it would be interesting if every class got some type of giant bug/insect companion and somehow it were tied into a different and unusual new world (could even incorporate some of the Cool Ranch critters).

Again, love the idea- nice job!