Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Equipment drops when farming improvement

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
I never get the items I farm specifically for and I can spend days upon days before finally giving up. What I would like to happen is for boss fights to keep track of the items characters have already received and give them the ones that they haven't already got yet until the entire list of possible drops has been gone through and then after a pirate has gone through the entire list for the list to start over.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
seasnake on Sep 30, 2013 wrote:
I never get the items I farm specifically for and I can spend days upon days before finally giving up. What I would like to happen is for boss fights to keep track of the items characters have already received and give them the ones that they haven't already got yet until the entire list of possible drops has been gone through and then after a pirate has gone through the entire list for the list to start over.
I agree, it IS annoying to keep getting the same thing that you Don't want. I understand that it can be sold, It just seems like such a time waster.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
I completely 100% fully totally agree, just like many other players.

Ensign
Jun 13, 2009
I would love for this to happen, but I think it is unlikely.

This is an MMO and they are designed to be time sinks to make content last longer.

If they allowed this then it would take the randomness out of the drops also as you would eventually get what you were after and stop farming. Randomness in drops is there to keep you trying "just one more time" which of course adds up to many many more times, consuming a lot of real time on the part of the player. This sort of game mechanic is in place to keep you hooked on the game.

If you were guaranteed to eventually get your items, then maybe you'd get bored of the game since after acquiring all you were after and having finished all sides and main quests, you'd literally have nothing left to keep you playing. This does not work well in MMOs.