Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

what does your username relate to?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
my username arceus and zap references to the pokemon arceus and the skylanders character zap details are elements normal/water species unknown/water electric eel dragon hybrid first one of the slashes is what arceus is and second one zap where pokemon/skylanders flying/ground personality anger calm/ happy and determined

Ensign
Aug 19, 2013
1st blood represents my passion to win and wolf is my favorite animal and that I am related to one and lastly ashburn resembles my firey spirit.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
honestly i have no idea where i got my name from but if it was zuto40 or zuto4 or zuto i could tell yu(i like to use a different name on different pieces of technology)

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Ah, so we're discussing names now? Good. Well, mine has a bit of a story behind it... (Not really)

From the starting point of the game, I had fallen in love (not literally!) with the lovable fox companion, Bonnie Anne. Foxes are obviously my favorite animals, and even though I love owls almost equally, foxes just are more my thing. (And wolves. And dogs. Did I mention coyotes?) Creatures in the Canine family have always been favorites of mine. Well, getting a bit off topic, but no matter. I was in Cool Ranch, just a little bit past Port Regal when the newest game update was released. I was headed off to my cousins' for six months at the time, so I had little time to freely research the update. From YouTube videos (cough Coolster50 cough) I found Bonnie Anne's newest promotion video- her adventure to the Highlander rank. I loved the title, for some reason, and I liked the ring it had to it.
Well, later on, I decided to join the message boards before they even gave us options for message boards names. I started out as my sweet little fifth grade chosen username, and then I escalated onto the name I have now- The Highlander Fox of Avalon. Why Highlander and Fox? That question has been answered, but I decided The Admiral Fox didn't have the same ring to it, so Highlander was my choice. And I wanted a name I could use for both the Wizard boards (even though I hate posting there, so limited in what we can do! No Roleplaying and no delicious treats! Wizards are uptight... Well, Avalon has been my favorite world from the beginning. I've always loved it, and have had such a wonderful time there. So I combined my two favorite games with my favorite animal, and thus I am the Highlander Fox of Avalon!

Ciao!

Community Leader
I have used a variation of Led Zeppelin as my online username/nick for years across multiple games.

So the "Zeppers" reference is basically a tribute to one of my all time favorite rock bands.

Plus... it has a cool ring to it, at least I think so.. lol

Happy Pirating!!!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Captain
Oct 15, 2012
thatonevalencianswash is my username because
1.it's a refrence to the completionist's username on youtube "thatonevideogamer"
2.i am italian and since valencia is italy wynaut?
3.i chose swash because i am a swashbuckler...with swag.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
My messageboards name is D.S. Devereaux. It is used as my writing moniker and blogging name. D.S. is short for Destiny and Soultamer, the latter I couldn't possibly give up when switching to Pirate101. Destiny Devereaux is my pirate's name, and so I decided to pull them all together.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Mine is the name of my pirate101 blog! Check it out!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I was very pleased to be able to use the name of a historical woman I admired for my username - and first pirate - Ann Radcliffe (1764-1823). Nope, she wasn't a pirate, but she was an explorer of sorts -- she was a pioneer in the art of the gothic novel. Her adventure novels have a lot of beautiful description of nature (very much a pioneer of the romantic era too), relatively strong-minded women heroes (for the day), and feature plenty of suspense.(I might add that she was quite keen on highly virtuous protagonists!) I think she would quite like Pirate101, especially the writing of it, if she were alive today.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
Here was my ideas:
  • The Fiery Swashbuckler ( I am fire on wizard 101 )
  • All things Pirate101
  • Penguin ( my favorite animal, if ki makes Polaris a world, I would hate to kill penguins,but I would still do it )
  • Natalie
  • Pirate101 lover ( I used this )
  • My last one is lightsaber

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Dr Zeppers on Oct 10, 2013 wrote:
I have used a variation of Led Zeppelin as my online username/nick for years across multiple games.

So the "Zeppers" reference is basically a tribute to one of my all time favorite rock bands.

Plus... it has a cool ring to it, at least I think so.. lol

Happy Pirating!!!
Ooh, I love Led Zepplin! Just the other day I was listening to Kashmir. ^_^ Best. Song. Ever! Lol I do like your message boards name Dr Zeppers, and it has a cool ring to it IMO, as well.

~

My name, Just Add Bacon, actually has more sentimental value than it would seem. Once a month Daddy and I take a day off to go on what we call a 'Daddy-Daughter-Date-Day', or if circumstances permit it, 'Daddy-Daughter-Dog-Date-Day', where we'll just go somewhere together and enjoy ourselves. Whether it's going to the bowling alley, going to our favorite dog-friendly cafe in which case my little schnauzer gets to come, or going to the mall and trying on dresses while my dad puts up with it. My dad and I always have a blast and it lifts our spirits, as nowadays we don't get to spend as much time together as we used to.

On our way to one of our 'Daddy-Daughter-Date-Day' activities, we were listening to rock music and talking about how I, as a drummer, wanted to start a band with a few of my friends. My dad smiled with a look on his face that said 'This is the moment I've been waiting for.', then said "If it's a country band, you could be called The Skid-marks."

I laughed, but replied "Nah, you know I'm more into rock and techno."

"Alright. If it's a rock band, you could be called Just Add Bacon!"

In the following several minutes while we were driving to an ice cream place, I promise you I could not stop laughing. Since then, Just Add Bacon has always been our little inside joke. If I do ever start a band, I hope we can call it Just Add Bacon. When I was given the opportunity to change my message boards user name, I jumped at the chance, but steeled myself. What's something that I will love forever, something that I will always be proud to be?

Just Add Bacon.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I absolutely love this thread. Getting to hear a bit about the heart behind our family members is so wonderful. Kudos to Arceus and Zap for thinking of it.
Mine is sort of a description of who I am and what I do. I learned from some church training that it is much more powerful to chose blessing instead of cursing others and from experience I learned how powerful it is to bless others. I also love to make others giggle as I also learned what a powerful medicine that laughter is. So I decided to combine what I knew that helped others the most, blessings and laughter and I made up a statement that I try to give anyone I come in contact with; Blessings and giggles on you. That progressed to, Blessings and giggles on your day or if I was saying goodnight to someone it became, Blessings and giggles on your dreams.
I was stunned at how successful it became. I have been using it for decades. My Mother in Law called me "The Giggle Gal" and I noticed that 99% of the strangers that I said "Blessings and giggles on your day" to always at least smiled or outright laughed. I would then say, "See, it's working already, the giggles are here and the blessings are next." This always generates more smiles which I see as a sign that I have succeeded.
My original user name that I chose here was Chrissy's Blessings & Giggles but it got bumped because the powers that be thought it sounded too much like a statement instead of a name. So I thought about it and took the lead from Emma's name and came up with Chrissy The Blesser. That didn't quite fit so it was shortened to Chrissy Th'Blesser so that the whole name would fit on the title without the "....."
The Chrissy part is because my real name isn't available as a choice, at least not spelled right so I chose Christina because I have always loved that name and my beloved friend Angel (Xiriganism) gave me the nickname "Chrissy" and the rest is history.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 11, 2013 wrote:
I was very pleased to be able to use the name of a historical woman I admired for my username - and first pirate - Ann Radcliffe (1764-1823). Nope, she wasn't a pirate, but she was an explorer of sorts -- she was a pioneer in the art of the gothic novel. Her adventure novels have a lot of beautiful description of nature (very much a pioneer of the romantic era too), relatively strong-minded women heroes (for the day), and feature plenty of suspense.(I might add that she was quite keen on highly virtuous protagonists!) I think she would quite like Pirate101, especially the writing of it, if she were alive today.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
It be me pirate name!

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
Mine is also my pirate name (How creative, I know) There was really no thought behind it, I just chose this and kept to the name, I guess.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
My name is more of a future dream I have for myself, which is to own a steak and grill restaurant, kinda like what my mom always wanted to do herself (except she wanted more of an Italian restaurant). I always tried to think of good names, like my mom wanted to name her's "Little Lisa's," since 'Lisa' was her name, but I didn't want to copy hers. I thought about "Little Sam's" or "Little Samantha's" (since that's my name), but it just doesn't sound like a "Steak and Grill" restaurant to me...

Then I created my pirate (as silly as it may sound), I saw Bloody, then Belle, and I was like, "That's it! Bloody Belle's!"

And thus, a Restaurant was born (or is gonna be, anyways ).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Bloody Belle on Oct 12, 2013 wrote:
My name is more of a future dream I have for myself, which is to own a steak and grill restaurant, kinda like what my mom always wanted to do herself (except she wanted more of an Italian restaurant). I always tried to think of good names, like my mom wanted to name her's "Little Lisa's," since 'Lisa' was her name, but I didn't want to copy hers. I thought about "Little Sam's" or "Little Samantha's" (since that's my name), but it just doesn't sound like a "Steak and Grill" restaurant to me...

Then I created my pirate (as silly as it may sound), I saw Bloody, then Belle, and I was like, "That's it! Bloody Belle's!"

I'll take mine medium, slathered with mushrooms in wine sauce and a baked potato with the works.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Awesome, I like the idea of this thread.

My message board name, CdeWinter is a reference to Clarice de Winter. Also known simply as Milady.
I know several members of this message board family already know this reference. But they don't know the reason behind it.

Alexandre Dumas' d'Artagnan Romances are one of my most favourite literary works. Most people only know of The Three Musketeers and sadly (in my opinion), most people only know a very little bit from that novel. However, The Three Musketeers is only one part of the entire saga. The other parts are; Twenty Years After, and The Vicomte of Bragelonne: Ten Years Later.

When I started my first pirate, Red Scarlet Kidd, I decided to make her a swashbuckler, and despite their name, there are no finer swashbucklers in the world than the musketeers. So I knew I had to use a name taken from those novels. Therefore, I chose the name of my most favourite female literary villain, Milady Clarice de Winter. Milady is actually an unusually strong female character for that time. Capable of moving through the highest of Pre-revolutionary French society, Milday is frequently described as being equal in power and cunning to any of the male heroes found in Dumas' novels. Although she cannot fight in the same way, Milady still brings about the murders of several important characters including the Duke of Buckingham. Therefore, when I had to pick a message board name, I chose a reference to a great strong female character from one of the greatest swashbuckling tales ever told. C deWinter.

Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
I've enjoyed all the posts about the user names great imaginations and shout outs to literature. While I am an avid fan of history and literature I however chose to make myself laugh. Years ago when I joined wizards I couldn't find my name I'm a Geoffery so I chose the closest to that and just found the silliest last name I could come up with. As this name always made me laugh I have kept it as my user name here on the boards and the same on the wizard boards too.
sorry nothing deeper than silliness and self mockery

Captain
May 02, 2009
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
coolster50 on Oct 15, 2013 wrote:
Cool + Trickster = Coolster
Lol. I knew you couldn't resist us. Welcome back.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
The Undead Obeah was a character I created=while waiting for the game to come out live. He was a shady and somewhat eccentric witchdoctor who's mind was not always his. When I decided to post on the message boards, they asked to change mu name from doubletrouble to something else. my mind went immediately to the character I created and I am now the Undead Obeah.

P.S. Arceus and Zap, guess where my old username came from.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Oooh! My name is kinda... obvious you could say... But there is background to it!

So way back during the Alpha days (I personally wasn't there), I gained an interest in writing and drawing. I had only been playing Wizard101 for a year or less maybe, but I already wanted to write a fanfiction of some sorts (For my personal entertainment of sorts.) I saw that Pirate101 had been released into Alpha, so I'm like, "I know! I'll add pirate characters into my story!"

Originally, the name, "Quick Pearl," was going to be "Quick Scarlet," named after my favorite wizard, Scarlet Dragonblossom. But then I thought that it would be too confusing to have two Scarlets in my story, so I threw the idea out.

When the NDA (whatever it was abbreviated to) was lifted, I watched a video on the character creation and looked through the list of names. "Pearl," really struck me, because my sister's name meant "pearl" and she had just gone off to college. I decided on "Quick Pearl," just for the sake of remembering my sister.

When Pirate101 was released, I had just the name I wanted. So when we were given the chance to change our message board names, well, ya now know the story.

~Quick Pearl

P.S. Welcome back Coolster! I love your videos!

Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
The Undead Obeah on Oct 17, 2013 wrote:
The Undead Obeah was a character I created=while waiting for the game to come out live. He was a shady and somewhat eccentric witchdoctor who's mind was not always his. When I decided to post on the message boards, they asked to change mu name from doubletrouble to something else. my mind went immediately to the character I created and I am now the Undead Obeah.

P.S. Arceus and Zap, guess where my old username came from.
double trouble hmmm ah! yes double trouble magic skylanders

Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
my old name bvande i didnt like but the name comes from me my name is jk i'll never tell you!!!! muhahaha

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
Bloody Belle on Oct 12, 2013 wrote:

I would like some ribs, smothered in BBQ sauce, well-done, with a side of your AWESOMENESS. You have a lot of it.
If I could, could I work there if I don't get one of my other dream jobs? Please?