Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hydra bug

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 19, 2010
It says to attack the ebon head. Only it isn't showing from the overhead view During combat you can see it on the same square as a cobalt. I cant complete this quest now

Ensign
Jan 19, 2010
Sorry. Let me be more clear if I can. When Canberra or Bonnie told us to attack the main head it turns into a ghost. You don't get the flag on the top of the screen that days you need to attack it or anything else for that matter. When the camera is above the game board while choosing your attacks you do not see the ebon head. Or whatever it is called. The boss one. Anyway. When your done choosing your moves and the camera swings down to board level before the cameras lands and stops you can see the transparent ebon head intertwined on the same square as another head. On my case it was tangled up with a cobalt Now since it was ghosted on the board during the choose skill phase you cannot see it to click it in order to attack. I was only able to complete this because Bonnie double tapped off of a different head and smacked the ebon head causing it to sink and then resurface on the other end of the board this caused the bug to I guess fix itself. Ause I was then able to target the ebon head freely to attack. How ever if Bonnie had not got lucky on the double tap I would still be there :p waisting henchmen in order to prolong the battle in hopes it would fix itself. I do have screen shots of this but I am now sure what to do with them

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sorapis on Oct 17, 2013 wrote:
Sorry. Let me be more clear if I can. When Canberra or Bonnie told us to attack the main head it turns into a ghost. You don't get the flag on the top of the screen that days you need to attack it or anything else for that matter. When the camera is above the game board while choosing your attacks you do not see the ebon head. Or whatever it is called. The boss one. Anyway. When your done choosing your moves and the camera swings down to board level before the cameras lands and stops you can see the transparent ebon head intertwined on the same square as another head. On my case it was tangled up with a cobalt Now since it was ghosted on the board during the choose skill phase you cannot see it to click it in order to attack. I was only able to complete this because Bonnie double tapped off of a different head and smacked the ebon head causing it to sink and then resurface on the other end of the board this caused the bug to I guess fix itself. Ause I was then able to target the ebon head freely to attack. How ever if Bonnie had not got lucky on the double tap I would still be there :p waisting henchmen in order to prolong the battle in hopes it would fix itself. I do have screen shots of this but I am now sure what to do with them
He knows how to send in screen shots now so 'Heads Up' Bug Zapper team, He will be sending them on your way. lol.

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 17, 2013 wrote:
He knows how to send in screen shots now so 'Heads Up' Bug Zapper team, He will be sending them on your way. lol.
Aummm....you don't say Ha, ha

Administrator
The hydra bug has been reported multiple times by many people. I've even documented it myself with a video and a Captain's Log file internally. The best I can say is that it's a slippery bug, we're aware of it, and hopefully we can get it fixed in one of our upcoming updates.

Thanks for your report.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I've fought the hydra a number of times successfully with my swashbuckler, but tonight, it did not work twice with my privateer, though one of the events might shed light on the bug?

The first time, when the ebon head came up, it encountered a claw trap I had set -- which did not go off, but somehow seemed to prevent the ebon head from rising. The next round, and every round thereafter, there were no prompts for destroying the ebon head (no other prompts came up either, which is not surprising as you have to fight the ebon head first). I destroyed one of each of the head types, hoping to get the ebon head to be triggered to come, but no go.

The second time, the ebon head returned as the original poster of this thread commented, as a 'ghost'. During the combat round (which I carefully did not attack any other heads, but passed, hoping the sequence would be triggered to work) I could see the ebon head right with the other heads, but on the planning grid it was a watery image below the grid. Other heads were not in its way; it was on an empty square, but as a 'ghost' it could not be touched. After passing a couple of rounds hoping for the best, I had to give up.(For this occurrence, I have no hypothesis, I'm afraid)

Strange, yes? But it is a very interesting fight, I think the most challenging in Aquila, and must have been quite complicated to design. As the universe loves entropy and hates complexity, perhaps the universe has it in for this battle. Hopefully when I play again the bug will have once again slipped into obscurity.

*The next day, yes, I completed the quest successfully. But I also noted another thing that could be helpful: if you start the Hydra instance, and Argos does not pop up and say "Behold the hydra, a terror from the Golden Age", it may be a problem instance. Go back out of the cave, enter again, and it should reset itself correctly. Worked for me, anyway.