Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I just wanted to sit there and cry!

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Each time I play, I feel like a loner. When I have a nautical quest (defeat or farming), I RARELY get any help. I have to sit there, watch my ship go down to yellow health, burning very badly, while the opponent's ship is blue and in a healthy condition. Every minute of being alone makes me want to cry.

And plus, we just went through a HORRIFIC battle with General Tso. Now I have to defeat 10 Amber Horde ships???? This is utterly ridiculous. My companions' bodies are aching, and they keep on having nightmares. I was horrified, and was saddened that we couldn't take a break from fighting.

Pretty Cheryl Walker level 44

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
CheeryCherry1234 on Oct 27, 2013 wrote:
Each time I play, I feel like a loner. When I have a nautical quest (defeat or farming), I RARELY get any help. I have to sit there, watch my ship go down to yellow health, burning very badly, while the opponent's ship is blue and in a healthy condition. Every minute of being alone makes me want to cry.

And plus, we just went through a HORRIFIC battle with General Tso. Now I have to defeat 10 Amber Horde ships???? This is utterly ridiculous. My companions' bodies are aching, and they keep on having nightmares. I was horrified, and was saddened that we couldn't take a break from fighting.

The initial part of Subata is hard. When I was level 42 I accidently wandered off into level 47 amber horde ships. I won that battle, but it was hard since those guys were 6 levels higher. All 3 companions died. Hated that battle.

In regards to ships, you can buy a level 42 mooshu galleon to clear of most ships in mooshu, although a level 50 mooshu galleon is also there.

My Suggestion:
Wait until you are level 48 to get the level 50 mooshu ship. I gained about 25 nautical levels with my ship called the "Bamboo Bamboo".

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Go fight some enemies and get some gold to buy a better ship then it won't give you any trouble. I know how you feel about playing alone. I too would like friends I could meet with and quest together but I'm finding that people on here only friend you to get help on their own quests and will not be anywhere to be found once you need help with your own. They only use you to level up. I find that very sad. I don't have a problem helping but when I'm done helping don't just say thanks and leave ask if there is anything you can help the other person with. Do you have this annoyance too?

Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Sounds like you might need to invest your gold into a higher ship. Also, when fighting ships stay on the outside of the packs and pick someone that is sailing away from the nearest neighbor, that way you will have time to sink it before any help from his pack can show up and pummel you while you can only hit one ship at a time. Pick your targets carefully, you are a pirate after all. Be sneaky so that they don't see you as you pillage them.

If you like, lets meet in the game and I can help you with some of those ships. Vadima realm by the fountain in Avery's Court is a great place that my Chrissy's default to when they aren't questing. Got a day and time that you would like to meet?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
You might already know this, but I've run into people in Mooshu and higher that didn't. Your blue bottles of yum can be used to refill your ship health during a fight. The points others made about upgrading your ship are also a good idea. It can also be a good idea to check your pack and bank, and the bazaar to see if you can upgrade you skiff's equipment. A skiff with good cannon, armor etc, and stuff that boosts healing can make a big difference too.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Oh, and another HORRIBLE thing happened. This was with Fort Basset. I thought I was going to get help from another pirate. So we went to the sigil. He said "..." and stepped on it. I stepped on with him, thinking he would help me. When I got in, however, he wasn't there. When I got out, I was shocked at his betrayal. He was on the sigil, and he left ALONE. Tears started to well up in my eyes as I saw this mortifying event. You don't need chat to be bullied in a game. Even my friends were busy. I am SO lonely!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CheeryCherry1234 on Nov 10, 2013 wrote:
Oh, and another HORRIBLE thing happened. This was with Fort Basset. I thought I was going to get help from another pirate. So we went to the sigil. He said "..." and stepped on it. I stepped on with him, thinking he would help me. When I got in, however, he wasn't there. When I got out, I was shocked at his betrayal. He was on the sigil, and he left ALONE. Tears started to well up in my eyes as I saw this mortifying event. You don't need chat to be bullied in a game. Even my friends were busy. I am SO lonely!
It quite possible that he had been defeated and wanted to go back in alone to continue his quest. If he misspelled something and you have limited chat it would come up looking like"...". Hey may have been typing fast and just typo'd. Besides you can do Fort Basset alone, I have, many times, but it IS more fun with a friend, I will give you that.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

Hello Pretty Cheryl Walker,

I am Two-Faced Valkor Ohlen- a level 65 and I am truly saddened by your plight. I for one love to help out any friend as well as just others passing through. Many times I have hit the flee button towards the end of a quest when someone has desperately cried for help Just the other day I made a quick stop in Avery's Court to check out the bazaar for possible gear and a pirate named Vanessa asked if I could help her (I think she was a level 27 or so). She wanted to get to Aquila in hopes of getting lots of gold and to build up her nautical XP so that she could buy a better ship.

At the time I was ready to start a quest that I had been putting off for awhile but still I couldn't bear sending her away and rejecting her call for help. I told her to friend me and that I would use transportalator to get to Aquila and that she could then teleport to me. Once she arrived I showed her where all the respawning chests were in Nova Aquila and then had her follow me to the Achaean skyways where I would lead the battle charge to defeat Ophidian ships.

We were soon joined by a few other ships and began some good old nautical farming Most of the other ships were much lower levels than mine (level 65) so I offered to lead the way. Plus I was fortunate enough to have used crowns to buy the Eagle heavy galleon and all the high end eagle ship parts. After about 1 hour Vanessa said she had enough gold to buy her ship (and had moved up several levels), she thanked me and she set sail back to Cool Ranch to buy ship and do some questing. After several minutes of helping other ships in Aquila she asked if I would help her defeat ships in Cooper's Roost Skyway. I told my nautical buddies I would be right back, went to help her defeat 12 ships for quest and returned to lend aid back in Achaean SW.

I ended up hanging around for about 1 1/2 hours helping others gain naut. XP even though I was maxed out.

The purpose of the friends list should be to help others when they need it and be able to trust that they will do the same when you need it (plus have some fun just chatting) Let's face it, almost all of us have needed or at least appreciated help at one time or another. What a relief it is when your health is nearing dangerously low levels and a friend pops in the battle to save your hide. I know that some take advantage of this but effort should at least be given to support your fellow pirates

This post is not at all a boasting of some sorts on my part, it is simply just a way of saying that I love to help and if our paths should cross in game, I would be honored to stand beside you, Pretty Cheryl Walker, as a friend to help in any way I can. That goes for anybody else out there looking for help All I would ask in return is a simple thanks (or ty) and that you would help out other pirates in their times of need.

After all, it is a dangerous Spiral out there and us pirates have to stick together
Happy Sailing to All

- Valkoor

Captain
May 16, 2011
Hmm, Cherry, I see your problem, and Valkoor, I congratulate on your kindness, of you putting off your quests to help others, but here is my problem: Whenever I go into a dungeon, a couple thousand people decide to ask me for help. I mean, 10 minutes ago I was just chillin' in a Aquila, and they could have asked for my help then. Every now and then it's a miracle I get through a dungeon with out being called on for help. And now mostly I solo to victory, so I don't have anyone to port to in the dungeon after helping a friend. And also, one time I was in an Aquila dungeon, and someone asked me for help. Always willing, I accepted. But, I then found my self in an Skull Island dungeon. And after getting done helping, I bitterly realized I didn't have enough gold on me to go to Aquila through the transportalater. So, unfortunately, I had to take the long way to Aquila. And what happens once I get there? Someone calls on me for help!

Lieutenant
Oct 01, 2010
Oh come now. Your a Buccaneer! You gotta stay tough. My advice to you is first raise your nautical level by sinking ships from earlier worlds such as Cool Ranch or Mooshu. Do some side quests as well. They can offer you nautical XP and training points to level up your Companions. Take the game one step at a time and you'll reach El Dorado. Stay strong soldier!

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2012
Shiver me timbers that be a sad tale 'n i would gladly help ye pretty scurvy pirate plus ugly scurvy pirate be a jolly team

Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of yum

ugly hope leech

use this as soon as you see it, hope we can meet up
friend code VQ8YNVSO

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Thunder Hawk on Nov 29, 2013 wrote:
Hmm, Cherry, I see your problem, and Valkoor, I congratulate on your kindness, of you putting off your quests to help others, but here is my problem: Whenever I go into a dungeon, a couple thousand people decide to ask me for help. I mean, 10 minutes ago I was just chillin' in a Aquila, and they could have asked for my help then. Every now and then it's a miracle I get through a dungeon with out being called on for help. And now mostly I solo to victory, so I don't have anyone to port to in the dungeon after helping a friend. And also, one time I was in an Aquila dungeon, and someone asked me for help. Always willing, I accepted. But, I then found my self in an Skull Island dungeon. And after getting done helping, I bitterly realized I didn't have enough gold on me to go to Aquila through the transportalater. So, unfortunately, I had to take the long way to Aquila. And what happens once I get there? Someone calls on me for help!
I'm not saying I don't feel your pain. It can definitely be bothersome at times for sure. It makes it a little easier when you are max level and putting off quests to not waste some XP and therefore are just waiting it out till KI adds more game content. Although it can be tough when your are in battle solo against high level enemies and a couple of much lower friends pop in. Suddenly you have 10 vultures to face instead of 4 and you know it's pretty much up to you to finish them off. Ah, well what pirate ever quivered in his peg leg at the sight of insurmountable odds

I absolutely don't judge anyone for choosing not to help and applaud you for being one of the pirates who do To each their own and besides the game is about having fun and if helping makes it less fun for some then I 100% understand them choosing not to.

-Happy sailing

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
DuranteRamses87 on Oct 27, 2013 wrote:
Go fight some enemies and get some gold to buy a better ship then it won't give you any trouble. I know how you feel about playing alone. I too would like friends I could meet with and quest together but I'm finding that people on here only friend you to get help on their own quests and will not be anywhere to be found once you need help with your own. They only use you to level up. I find that very sad. I don't have a problem helping but when I'm done helping don't just say thanks and leave ask if there is anything you can help the other person with. Do you have this annoyance too?

Dante Ramsey
It is a problem for me as well. There have been lots of instances when a friend repeatedly asks for help and you go out of your way to help them. Many times after you help they don't even stick around long enough to say thanks, much less ask if you need help. You just get stranded in some far off, out of the way place with no transportalator or fast travel option. Lonely and left to your own devices to navigate yourself back to where you were.

But hey, we are all just a bunch of pirates, right? Manners and etiquette don't exactly go hand in hand with plundering and reeking havoc on the high skyways. Good luck to you

Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010

hi i'm Arceus And Zap i can help you with these quests if you want help