Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirates Helping Pirates, (PHP)

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
SlightlyMadWizard on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
BLUE YUM-YUM POTION Tip: Blue Yum-Yum Potions are very helpful since they restore your Health, your Companion's Health, and your currently equipped ship's Health. If your Blue Yum-Yum Potions (lower left corner of the Window if you have any) are full, the potion display will be a light Blue (at least on my computer). When you use one potion, the potion count is reduced by 1 and the Yum-Yum Potion display should be Black with the lower number. At the moment, it remains Blue with the lower number like you can't fill it any more. But that isn't true as you will find out when you get the next floating Blue Yum-Yum Potion. So you need to remember what your maximum number of Blue Yum-Yum Potions is to make sure you know when to go after floating Blue Yum-Yum Potions.
If I could add on to this, you fill up your empty potions bottles quicker if you catch blue Yum-Yum fruit on land. While there are many more blue fruits out in the skyways, it takes longer to fill up your potion bottles while sailing. Filling up on land doubles the amount you refill for one piece of Yum-Yum fruit.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
TEENY, TINY TIP

This is just a little tip, or actually advice, involving the use of any of the shielding or blocking damage powers that show weapon icons on the bottom of the cards. These include Leviathan's Call, Kraken's Lament and Triton's song. As I mentioned before, if you notice on the bottom of these cards are icons of different 'weapon types' that the shielding and damage blocking are effective against. These symbols don't mean that the enemy actually has to be using one of the types of weapons shown on the card. The melee weapon icons on the cards just imply that the shielding/blocking damage will take effect against any melee attacks (and ranged too for Leviathan's Call). So they are effective to use against melee creatures using claws, teeth, tentacles, beaks, heavy hides and hooves (Bumbaloons), stingers, wings, shells and more, as well.

I say this because I must confess that earlier in my Spiral adventures I thought they only worked against those particular types of weapons, so I didn't bother using them in battle against creatures. I know, I know- silly me. But now I know and as Joe always says....."Knowing is half the battle".
Great tip and I will admit to not knowing that juicy tidbit for quite a while. Great string of tips there Professor.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
BATTLE TIP- Letting Poison and Bleeding do the dirty work

Ok so here are a couple of tips for any pirate out there for Swashbucklers or any other pirates that have gear with poisoning and bleeding powers.

First as SlightlyMadWizard mentioned before, neither of these secondary, 'behind the scenes' damages are stackable. But you can 'stack' one of each type of power on the same enemy. If you do this I would first use a hiding power if available, then buff with whatever accuracy boosts you have & shielding (or other buffs) until you have one turn of hiding left. Use highest level bleeding, whilst still hidden, and target an enemy that is in the center of a group of enemies or have your pirate end up in a tile that is adjacent to as many enemies as possible- you will do massive amounts of damage to that enemy and inflict bleeding. On the next turn use your poisoning power, assuming and hoping that their are still multiple enemies adjacent to your pirate, in order to get the most out of the 3 or 5 rounds of 'extra' damage. Many times the secondary damage will finish off a couple of low health enemies in the coming rounds. And having both bleeding and poison on the same enemy early on is almost like having an extra companion for 3-5 rounds. This leads to the next tip in regards to these two types of powers.

Damage dealt from poisoning and bleeding is put into play after your crew's turn in battle and before the enemies' turn. That's fairly common knowledge, but for some this may be something they weren't aware of. This bit of knowledge will, and should, influence who you should attack in the current round. If your poisoning or bleeding reliably deals 180+ damage you don't have to worry about wasting an attack on an enemy with 175 health left- thus freeing a crew member to attack another enemy. The poison or bleeding will finish them off before the enemy gets a turn. So pay close attention to exactly how much damage is being dished out by your poisoning and bleeding powers and use those numbers effectively to your advantage.
I recommend that you modify your approach. To do this, you will need at least 2 turns left on being hidden. First, do the Poisoning attack since this does not cause you to come out of hiding. Then, on your last hidden turn use the attack with Bleeding (you will need to be using a melee weapon). Doing this should get you about the same results except you will still be hidden after poisoning and the other way you aren't. If you only have 1 hidden turn left, then by all means use the Bleeding attack since being hidden will at least double the damage while being hidden or not hidden does not affect the Poisoning.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
Two other minor tips:

BATTLE Tips: If you use Bonnie Anne to reduce the enemies Dodge ability, make sure you attack those enemies first since the reduction in Dodge only lasts 5 turns.

HEALING Tip: If you are low on hit points and you can get to and back from Skull Island using the Skull Button (lower left window corner) or you want to go to Skull Island, pay 100 Gold at Ryan's Yum-n-Ade Stand (Red Yum-Yum only) in Skull Island Town across from the Kraken Skulls Tavern and get completely healed.

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
try and farm sato for his shades they give shadow step then once the enemy is next to you trying to kill you cutting off your teams heals and support you use it and your on the other side of the board ( privateer helpful tip)

farm rook to get his gun it gives an abilitie called knockback it might save you sometimes( musketeer tip)

farm water guardian he gives assassin strike ring and necklace with the card ( swashbucklers, )

witchdoctor sry i dont have a tip for you your already as good as you can be in pvp ( my opinion)

witty logan quick level 65 privateer

witty logan quick level 25 witchdoctor and for you people wondering why they have same name is because then my friends can find me easier

"may your light shine bright within us"

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
krokotopia pirate on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
How to finish the buck broncos dungeon
First :you avoid all the unesscary fights
Second:you go to equip a pet for the spider fight
Third:you do ranged attacks In order to get buck bronco.
How to solo the duck of death
First you defeat all the enemies In the battle
Second:defeat the duck of death and get all the barrels collect your chests and you are done
Tip make sure you train and choose your best companions for the fight.
ummmmmmmmmmmmm to solo death duck hit the mooda shrine thingys it makes you aloud to get throw his shield then just pound him to death with epics once you kill death of duck the battle ends

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
privateerking on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
try and farm sato for his shades they give shadow step then once the enemy is next to you trying to kill you cutting off your teams heals and support you use it and your on the other side of the board ( privateer helpful tip)

farm rook to get his gun it gives an abilitie called knockback it might save you sometimes( musketeer tip)

farm water guardian he gives assassin strike ring and necklace with the card ( swashbucklers, )

witchdoctor sry i dont have a tip for you your already as good as you can be in pvp ( my opinion)

witty logan quick level 25 witchdoctor and for you people wondering why they have same name is because then my friends can find me easier

Great tips there. It is always great to know who is good for farming when you want to boost up the gear your pirate is wearing.
Great stuff on the name thing too. That is exactly why all my pirates are a variance on Christina, so my friends can find me easier. I especially love it when a pirate does this because when it comes to names I have a brain like a steel sieve and I get mixed up on who is who all the time So if you guys ever see me in the game please do not take it personal if I forget which pirate goes with your posting name here. I do that to Everyone.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ummmmmmmmmmmmm to solo death duck hit the mooda shrine thingys it makes you aloud to get throw his shield then just pound him to death with epics once you kill death of duck the battle ends
Oh this is an excellent tip here. The dialog did not make it clear to me what to do in that fight. My first time through I knew that I just had to take out the duck but he was immune to any damage and I was at a loss. I remembered that the Free Ranger mentioned that the silver bullets had to be blessed or sanctified but he didn't say how and I had assumed that he had gone off to do that task for all of us. I finally noticed the things that looked to me like Holy Water holders and I clicked on them and low & behold my crew and I all received halos and could then knock the quackers out of the Duck of Death.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
This tip mainly applies to Privateers. Thanks to a certain someone for the words of inspiration by the way
Sorry if some of this stuff has already been explained in another thread , but assuming that those who read this awesome thread are thinking of a Privateer Pirate, here's my 2 cents for the day:

While Privateers possessing a good combination of Strength and Will is very smart, I began a different strategy of mine. My Privateer has begun using a Slashy/Staffy combo, considering that his Will is very high. With this, you can take the advantage of Melee strikes ( ie: Assassin Strike, Back Stab, etc. ) while also, if you acquire such a gear, using a Great Juju power to increase your Will.
Here are my suggestions on gear if you plan on trying this strategy out:
NOTE: The following gear are no auction and Privateer only
(Oh man, researching the items made me realize the large sheer amount of items with powers, so I shortened them to what I would suggest for this strategy)
  • The Konsha Kote robe (Lvl 40+ with Great Juju) which is dropped by the infamous Doctor Noh in Khotan Skyway
  • The Protector Boots (Lvl 55+ with Great Juju) which are dropped by some boss in Aquila ( So sorry I don't know the source, I have the boots, but I do not know which boss dropped them. If someone can find who drops it, I would greatly appreciate it. I expect the boss' level range to be between 55-59)
  • The Dragon's Jade charm (Lvl 45+ with Assassin's Strike) which is dropped by the Fire and Water Guardians as well as Shang Hong. (Personally, I suggest the Water Guardian, he has rare loot for all class of pirates)
  • The Exorcists Ring (Pretty scary name ) (Lvl 45+ with another Assassin's Strike) which is dropped by the Water Guardian and Lo Pan.
  • The Kannushi's Beacon (Level 45+ with, well, you should know by now) which currently is not in the P101 Wiki (or I overlooked it ) but I can confirm to you now it is also dropped by the Water Guardian.
To ( man this is long ) be continued...

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Now continued....

• As for hats, you can use whichever hat you want, I use the one from the Tribal Crew pack that boosts Will, Damage, and Armor.
  • Same goes for weapon, as long as it is a Staffy/*insert favorite melee style here*, this strategy can be tested out to see if it is nice
Now, I wanted to post a snapshot as proof of the Kannushi Beacon without P101 central as I do not use it, hopefully someone can tell me how

Another advantage to such a strategy if combined with Great Juju can come in a number of ways.
  1. Your companion's damage is boosted as well as the rate of Relentless/Burst Fire/Mojo Echo
  2. Your own damage is boosted
  3. This reason is definitely the one that really got me into this strategy. Naturally, higher Will increases heals, the barrage powers and their damage, and any Witchdoctor powers in your possession. However, there are 2 unique powers that benefit very greatly from this strategy: Fighting Fervor and Tower of Iron Will. As it says on the card, the description (icon images not allowed) may confuse some players, I know many of my friends never knew this. Here's what this means: (icon images not allowed) bonus means the damage received from your Will stat if you were to use a weapon based on Will. ie: 100 Will = 20 Will damage, or 20 "Will Bonus"
To ( and always will be ) be continued...

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
To now continue...

Now, to apply this meaning to the description, if your Will damage or bonus, however you'd like to call it, is 20, that means that Fighting Fervor will add 20 damage to your hit. And with Tower of Iron Will, this would add 20 Armor and Resistance to your stats, from what I've experienced. This is where Juju comes to play. Great Juju buffs your Will up by 100% of your BASE Will, assuming your Privateer is level 65, that number would be 70. Now, your Will is 170, increasing your Will bonus by 14, totaling 34 Will Bonus. *insert lines 1-3 here*. And VOILA! A seemingly complicated yet visually simple strategy that can happen in simply 2 turns :)

I apologize for the Privateer-Centered post, I seem to have mastered that class above all else, despite my first pirate being a Buccaneer, but if you guys would like, I can also try to make another strategy to try and test out for your pirates *to all whom read this post*.

* The only thing Fear does is hold you back*
*That, or your overly-protective whom is deathly afraid of you getting injured... Love you mom *

Cunning Ronan Vane

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
Oh this is an excellent tip here. The dialog did not make it clear to me what to do in that fight. My first time through I knew that I just had to take out the duck but he was immune to any damage and I was at a loss. I remembered that the Free Ranger mentioned that the silver bullets had to be blessed or sanctified but he didn't say how and I had assumed that he had gone off to do that task for all of us. I finally noticed the things that looked to me like Holy Water holders and I clicked on them and low & behold my crew and I all received halos and could then knock the quackers out of the Duck of Death.
lol same i only beat the battle because of accidently hitting it with a multi hit spell

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013

(addition) witchdoctors if you like summoning minions (and a lot) then farm ebon he gives a necklace that gives a card that lets you summon 5 minions at once (ebon is located in aquila so if you can't get to him yet ask a friend to take you there)

First Mate
May 01, 2012
If you are talking about fighting the Duck of Death in Cool Ranch on his ship, you also have to explode the Gun Powder Barrels.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
Minor tip

WEAPON Tip: There are two types of Critical Strikes. One shows a picture of a melee weapon and the other shows a picture of an arrow. The melee weapon version means that it can be used with equipped melee weapons. The arrow weapon version means that you need a distance weapon for it to work. I am fairly sure that neither Critical Strike will work with magic spells.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
How to get nick dead eye on Defeated
First you look for the golden walk in darkness
Second discard powers like gallant defense
Then use shadow dance
Finally use the new attack like the sneak attack
He was dead on my swashbuckler .
Guide to getting a mini game
First farm:Johnny Ringo(Clark's house)
Second:monkey king side chamber in The world before marleybone
How to get max gold
First you farm the bosses you have access to
Since I have access to almost all the bosses excluding side quests bosses for me
So I farm rookie or friar sand
Then I collect chests in the highest world I am in which is aq
Or go to farming events or farm ships
That's it for now

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
(addition) witchdoctors if you like summoning minions (and a lot) then farm ebon he gives a necklace that gives a card that lets you summon 5 minions at once (ebon is located in aquila so if you can't get to him yet ask a friend to take you there)
Great tip privateerking. I believe that charm or necklace you are referring to is called Igneous Fangs with the power Stygian Chorus. Ebon also drops a totem called Caustic Fangs with the same power that may be more suited for witchdoctors, because the stat boosts are for +6 will and +7 damage. Although the charm gives +8 dodge and +8 damage, so those are good stat boosts universally for all the classes. I believe there are 2 more totems from Ebon that have that same power (Stygian Chorus)- Blighted Fangs and Voltaic Fangs.

Nice tip that can surely help out a witchdoctor that enjoys summoning! Lot's of extra minions to deal and absorb attacks on the battle field. Just watch out on a small battle board- because with 5 extra minions it can get a bit crowded, thus limiting your crew movement options.

I so would like the ability to have control over those summoned minions' (and pet's) movements. But for a witchdoctor or ranged fighter, having to move and find an available tile isn't really an issue for the most part.

Thanks for the tip.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
krokotopia pirate on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
How to get nick dead eye on Defeated
First you look for the golden walk in darkness
Second discard powers like gallant defense
Then use shadow dance
Finally use the new attack like the sneak attack
He was dead on my swashbuckler .
Guide to getting a mini game
First farm:Johnny Ringo(Clark's house)
Second:monkey king side chamber in The world before marleybone
How to get max gold
First you farm the bosses you have access to
Since I have access to almost all the bosses excluding side quests bosses for me
So I farm rookie or friar sand
Then I collect chests in the highest world I am in which is aq
Or go to farming events or farm ships
That's it for now
Excellent tips krokotopia pirate. Johnny Ringo is a great option for farming in Cool Ranch. Having the chance of getting an ultra rare mini game drop makes farming him even better- and for those that don't have an armadillo pet, you may get lucky enough for Ringo to 'hand' one over too. Great tips on getting max gold as well. Pirates can't ever have too much gold, can they? Especially as you rise in level, with the inflated costs of companion training tomes. Like you said, farming is a great source of pirate wealth and you may also get some excellent gear to boot.

Thanks again for the tips!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
SlightlyMadWizard on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
Minor tip

WEAPON Tip: There are two types of Critical Strikes. One shows a picture of a melee weapon and the other shows a picture of an arrow. The melee weapon version means that it can be used with equipped melee weapons. The arrow weapon version means that you need a distance weapon for it to work. I am fairly sure that neither Critical Strike will work with magic spells.
Nice tip SlightlyMadWizard! that is a great bit of info to know for those who have newly acquired gear with those power cards. Like you said, once equipping the gear with one of those critical strikes, the powers will only be available if you have the appropriate weapon equipped for that type of critical strike.

Thanks for another great tip.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Gruesome Richard on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
To now continue...

Now, to apply this meaning to the description, if your Will damage or bonus, however you'd like to call it, is 20, that means that Fighting Fervor will add 20 damage to your hit. And with Tower of Iron Will, this would add 20 Armor and Resistance to your stats, from what I've experienced. This is where Juju comes to play. Great Juju buffs your Will up by 100% of your BASE Will, assuming your Privateer is level 65, that number would be 70. Now, your Will is 170, increasing your Will bonus by 14, totaling 34 Will Bonus. *insert lines 1-3 here*. And VOILA! A seemingly complicated yet visually simple strategy that can happen in simply 2 turns :)

I apologize for the Privateer-Centered post, I seem to have mastered that class above all else, despite my first pirate being a Buccaneer, but if you guys would like, I can also try to make another strategy to try and test out for your pirates *to all whom read this post*.

* The only thing Fear does is hold you back*
*That, or your overly-protective whom is deathly afraid of you getting injured... Love you mom *

Cunning Ronan Vane
Super tips Gruesome Richard, and welcome to the PHP thread. Thanks for your input and wonderful strategies. I have yet to start a privateer pirate, but I am sure that I will (as well as other privy pirates out there) refer to these tips when I do get a privateer up and rolling. Very thorough and well thought out tips by the way.

And absolutely no need for an apology, the purpose of this thread is to provide any tip, strategy, advice, wisdom, suggestion, guide, info or anything else that may help out fellow pirates in the P101 community- no matter what the class. In fact, class specific tips and strategies are welcomed- no encouraged because what better help can you receive than obtaining knowledge on how to be a successful pirate based on your class. Survival in the Spiral can depend on fully understanding how to get the most out of your pirate's particular class. And what better way is there to do that (besides trial and error and observation) than getting great tips from those that have journeyed before you.

So by all means keep any and all tips and advice coming. Oh, and love the tip of the hat to your mom.

Thanks again for your input and tips.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
"The Screenshot Siren" LOL You sure come up with some wonderful nicknames that just warm the barnacles of my heart. Yup I have come up with that very same problem. I have not figured a way out of it. All you can do is exit the game unless you want to just sit and watch your crew get decimated. I will admit that they can do better than expected with just their triggered hits but the handicap is just too much for them and it is way too cruel to watch. I too have to close the game to get out of it and do be careful with that too for once I didn't come back at the closest life fountain, I was back in the battle with 1 life. I took up the gauntlet for that particular fight and actually won but it was one of those really hard won victories that makes ya whoop for joy.
I have gotten around it by sneaking up to my photographical target inch by inch in regular screen mode and I do all my maneuvering Then I do Ctrl G and get the shot without moving. This has saved my tush many times as I have unintentionally 'crossed that line' and had to fight a battle and was Oh so glad I wasn't in a clean screen mode. My heart always goes in my throat if something moves while I am hitting Ctrl G and I need to readjust. I am convinced that I am playing Russian Roulette with the camera to get the shot back.

I also use Ctrl G to get great ship battle shots too and I have noticed that you cannot use the keypad to order more hits while in clean screen mode either, so I have to be careful to not get too absorbed in trying for that perfect close up and then get the opportunity to photograph my own ship sinking.
Thanks, Chrissy for the info, I had forgotten to respond to you about this- as my little rascals have been occupying me and my time more and more these days (I do love every minute of it though).

I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't doing anything wrong or that it wasn't a bug, so it is nice to know that I am not the only one that this happens too. I guess I have to just be a bit more patient when trying to get a great screenshot. As far as using Ctrl-G to get screenshots in ship battle- that takes a little bit of getting used to when first attempting, at least it has for me. Like you said, I get too focused on trying to get the right angle and time the ship power attack just right and then next thing you know I have forgotten to heal. I am getting the hang of it now though. So, have you been fortunate, or unfortunate enough, to get a shot of your own ship sinking?

Thanks again for the screenshot tips, Chrissy!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Gruesome Richard on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
This tip mainly applies to Privateers. Thanks to a certain someone for the words of inspiration by the way
Sorry if some of this stuff has already been explained in another thread , but assuming that those who read this awesome thread are thinking of a Privateer Pirate, here's my 2 cents for the day:

While Privateers possessing a good combination of Strength and Will is very smart, I began a different strategy of mine. My Privateer has begun using a Slashy/Staffy combo, considering that his Will is very high. With this, you can take the advantage of Melee strikes ( ie: Assassin Strike, Back Stab, etc. ) while also, if you acquire such a gear, using a Great Juju power to increase your Will.
Here are my suggestions on gear if you plan on trying this strategy out:
NOTE: The following gear are no auction and Privateer only
(Oh man, researching the items made me realize the large sheer amount of items with powers, so I shortened them to what I would suggest for this strategy)
  • The Konsha Kote robe (Lvl 40+ with Great Juju) which is dropped by the infamous Doctor Noh in Khotan Skyway
  • The Protector Boots (Lvl 55+ with Great Juju) which are dropped by some boss in Aquila ( So sorry I don't know the source, I have the boots, but I do not know which boss dropped them. If someone can find who drops it, I would greatly appreciate it. I expect the boss' level range to be between 55-59)
  • The Dragon's Jade charm (Lvl 45+ with Assassin's Strike) which is dropped by the Fire and Water Guardians as well as Shang Hong. (Personally, I suggest the Water Guardian, he has rare loot for all class of pirates)
  • The Exorcists Ring (Pretty scary name ) (Lvl 45+ with another Assassin's Strike) which is dropped by the Water Guardian and Lo Pan.
  • The Kannushi's Beacon (Level 45+ with, well, you should know by now) which currently is not in the P101 Wiki (or I overlooked it ) but I can confirm to you now it is also dropped by the Water Guardian.
To ( man this is long ) be continued...
Wow, great info and superb job Gruesome Job- very nicely done! Thank you for this info and advice on gear strategy for a privateer. It sounds like a very good strategy to employ and when I create and progress a privateer I will be sure to give it a try.

Here is a link to the totem Kannushi's Beacon which is also dropped by Shan Hong in Mooshu as well and I believe the Metal Guardian too. Maybe you searched for it under charm, ring or other type of gear. I have Kannushi's Beacon in my pirate's shared bank so I can confirm it is a charm and actually I was the one who created the wiki page for it. Thanks to you, I can now add the Water Guardian as an additional drop source.
So, thank you.

Also I believe that one drop source for the Protector's Boots is the vulture leader Grohl in Nevermind Cave in Knosses. They are not listed as being dropped by him but under the boots edit page, Grohl is listed as drop source 1. I think a lot of things on wiki are still in the process of being updated and moved from the old format. And there is a lot of information (like drop sources) that are still a bit jumbled. But the fine people over on central are working on it.

As for adding a screenshot here on the boards, I don't believe you can directly add one of your own screenshots without going through a link to the screenshot from another link approved source, such as P101 central- in which you would have had to upload the image to an album (that you also have to create). If it is an option for your, I would suggest registering on central- it is free and there is a lot of great info and guides there. You don't have to do anything else as far as the forums go. You can just search and read the threads/posts without ever having to post anything yourself. Then you can create a screenshot album and upload your p101 images to it and provide message board links to them on central.

On page 9 (I think) of this PHP thread, in one of my posts is a link to a screenshot guide from one of the great central members- I think, Johnny. It is very informative and helped me a lot in creating albums and uploading p101 images and screenshots. So check it out. If you do register and still have problems in regards to screenshots you can feel free to ask me here or if you do register on central- by PM (private message). Also, Chrissy is very wise and astute in the screenshot/album department. She has a studio worth of albums and screenshots, so she may be able to offer additional advice. If you do register on central, my username there is the same as my message board name here.

Anyways, thanks again for the tips and strategies- and once again, awesome job!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Scarlet Freeman on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
If I could add on to this, you fill up your empty potions bottles quicker if you catch blue Yum-Yum fruit on land. While there are many more blue fruits out in the skyways, it takes longer to fill up your potion bottles while sailing. Filling up on land doubles the amount you refill for one piece of Yum-Yum fruit.
Nice addition Scarlet.

I wanted to add that tip awhile back and totally forgot about it. So thank you, because it can definitely take a lot longer to fill up a bottle out in the Skyways. And for those reading I noticed a couple great places in the Skull Island world that are options to find an abundance of blue yum. One is in Avery's court (sometimes) and the other in Scurvy Dog Hideout. For me, early in the game those two places always seemed to have enough blue yum and health to fill up the respective gauges. An option in Marleybone is The Isle of Dogs, the streets always seemed to be 'littered with blue and red bottles'. There are many other places that are probably great sources, but these are the ones that stand out to me at the moment.

Thanks for the great additional tip Scarlet.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
SlightlyMadWizard on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
I recommend that you modify your approach. To do this, you will need at least 2 turns left on being hidden. First, do the Poisoning attack since this does not cause you to come out of hiding. Then, on your last hidden turn use the attack with Bleeding (you will need to be using a melee weapon). Doing this should get you about the same results except you will still be hidden after poisoning and the other way you aren't. If you only have 1 hidden turn left, then by all means use the Bleeding attack since being hidden will at least double the damage while being hidden or not hidden does not affect the Poisoning.
Thanks for the recommendation SlightlyMadWizard. That is very good and wise advice and I thank you for sharing that with me. I guess I always just assumed that using poison would 'reveal' where your pirate was and would in turn cause you to lose your hidden effect. Well, you know what they say about when you assume... I should have actually tried it out. I guess since I have never run into any problem or struggles with this particular approach in the game, it never dawned on me that there may be a better way to use those two powers in conjunction with the hidden ability.

Like I said it never came up as an issue because in my experiences the NPC enemies never really moved much at all after I used Assassin's Strike, thus cancelling my pirate's hidden. So I was pretty much always able to poison the same amount of enemies that I would have if I used poison first. For some reason the PC often doesn't seem to see AoE attacks from poison as much of a possible threat so they just stay congregated around the pirate. I can see where your way would be far more beneficial (especially in PvP) because you would get two 'attacks' while hidden.

Although, I have a question or suggestion due to your newly provided enlightenment. Since you don't lose hidden from poisoning, why not use poison power on the first turn that your pirate is hidden. That way damage will be being dealt the entire time you are hidden, while you buff and/or shield and prefer to use that deadly Assassin's Strike on the last turn. The enemies health will be being drained as you plan your strategy without taking damage and with knowing they are. Just an idea and a thought.

Again, I thank you for the advice and suggestions- I really do appreciate it. That is exactly what I hoped this thread would encourage- not only the sharing of tips and strategies, but also other pirates with great advice and or tips speaking out and offering alternative approaches or additional ideas if they thought it would help someone else out. So, nice job and I will be sure to use your advice. It has gotten me excited to re-evaluate different strategies or at least see what other ones I can come up.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
SlightlyMadWizard on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
Two other minor tips:

BATTLE Tips: If you use Bonnie Anne to reduce the enemies Dodge ability, make sure you attack those enemies first since the reduction in Dodge only lasts 5 turns.

HEALING Tip: If you are low on hit points and you can get to and back from Skull Island using the Skull Button (lower left window corner) or you want to go to Skull Island, pay 100 Gold at Ryan's Yum-n-Ade Stand (Red Yum-Yum only) in Skull Island Town across from the Kraken Skulls Tavern and get completely healed.
That Battle tip is a great one- get the most out of bonus buff/debuffs from a given talent or power. That advice is good to follow after using so many talents or powers. One other example is for the melee power Vicious Charge which decreases the targeted enemy's accuracy by 50% for 10 rounds. After using Vicious Charge is a great time to focus attack on a dangerous and powerful enemy so you can get rid of them before they have a chance to regain there accuracy and do more potential damage. Same can be said for other powers like Brutal Charge and Brutal Strike which also reduce the targets Accuracy for various amounts of turns and %s. There are many of other examples of where focusing on an enemy to take advantage of buffs/debuffs come into play. So pay close attention to what the descriptions say on the bottom of the power cards or on the ability/talent pages to get the best use out of them.

Nice tip!