Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirates Helping Pirates, (PHP)

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Logan Sharp on May 4, 2014 wrote:
ok better idea, want to meet somewhere/sometime? give me a few days in advance, but i can be on at certain times
(please note these are in CENTRAL time zones)
monday anytime after 2pm
tuesday 11-12:50
wednesday anytime after 12
thursday 11-12:50
friday, anytime after 2

let me know a day/time/realm/location, and ill be there :)
Ok, Logan- we'll give that a shot

My son has 3 baseball games this week (Mon, Wed, Fri) so it will be a busy week but I am sure we can work out a time that works for both of us. Do you have any limitations on how late you can play because the best times for me are later at night, unless it is a Mon or Fri if no games or activities are already planned. Also, Sunday mornings after 8am Central are a decent time for me as well.

Right now I am thinking that the best chance this week will be Friday night but not until about 9:30-10pm EST, so 8:30-9pm Central. My son's game should be over around 8pm and I will have to get home and get my twins to bed and all that other parental kind of fun stuff.

Let me know if that day would even be a possibility and if so we can go from there and narrow down a time. I think as far as realm and location (regardless of which day/time works out)- we can just say Realm Vadima at the Life Fountain in Avery's Court, since it is easily accessible from anywhere in the game.

Also, you may have already mentioned (and it may even be your board name), but just to be sure I meet the right pirate- what is your pirate's name that you will be using? My pirate will be a maxed Buccaneer named Two-Faced Valkoor Ohlen.

Anyways, just let me know if Friday the 9th at, we'll say, 9pm Central/10 Eastern in realm Vadima at the LF in Avery's Court will work for you. If not we'll try another day/night. If so...cool, I guess I/Valkoor will see you there!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 5, 2014 wrote:
Well, there you go Chrissy, now you know...and you are welcome. I always had you figured for a math wiz, go figure. I myself have the mathematical intellect of Kobe Yojmbo's mom...that's right, I am quite and utterly moovelous at Cowculus.
* Groans at moovelous puns * Well the jury is still out on that one. I think that the fact that I got all the answers right should weigh well in my favor as getting the answers right is the whole point of giving me the problems...........Right? Although the dire predictions of my Algebra teacher of world catastrophe if I continued to arrive at my conclusions in such a bizarre way could slant the decision a bit.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 5, 2014 wrote:
Ok, Logan- we'll give that a shot

My son has 3 baseball games this week (Mon, Wed, Fri) so it will be a busy week but I am sure we can work out a time that works for both of us. Do you have any limitations on how late you can play because the best times for me are later at night, unless it is a Mon or Fri if no games or activities are already planned. Also, Sunday mornings after 8am Central are a decent time for me as well.

Right now I am thinking that the best chance this week will be Friday night but not until about 9:30-10pm EST, so 8:30-9pm Central. My son's game should be over around 8pm and I will have to get home and get my twins to bed and all that other parental kind of fun stuff.

Let me know if that day would even be a possibility and if so we can go from there and narrow down a time. I think as far as realm and location (regardless of which day/time works out)- we can just say Realm Vadima at the Life Fountain in Avery's Court, since it is easily accessible from anywhere in the game.

Also, you may have already mentioned (and it may even be your board name), but just to be sure I meet the right pirate- what is your pirate's name that you will be using? My pirate will be a maxed Buccaneer named Two-Faced Valkoor Ohlen.

Anyways, just let me know if Friday the 9th at, we'll say, 9pm Central/10 Eastern in realm Vadima at the LF in Avery's Court will work for you. If not we'll try another day/night. If so...cool, I guess I/Valkoor will see you there!
yeah the 9th works out well for me, anyway, chances are I will meet you on my Musketeer because that's who I am on most of the time if I am not questing on my witchdoctor

anywho, here is the name

Musketeer (lvl 65) Clever Logan Strong

ps: my Swashbuckler name is Logan Sharp, which is where I got the post name from :P

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Guts, Guile, and Grit.

Increase their Guts, Guile, and Grit which will help your Cheer ability. Also, when you can, feed your Pets snacks that they Love or Like (Love preferred) since that increases your Pets Power which increases your Cheer ability.

I recommend the following 3 steps: 1) increase Guile to the max, 2) next increase Grit to max while keeping Guile as close to max without going over and 3) last increase Guts to max while keeping Guile and Grit as close to max without going over. This worked for me since my Pets were usually in medium to low Health part way through the match which is what Guile and Grit are for.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
If you want to really understand pets be it training (including guts,guile & grit), sparring, feeding & morphing; the most in depth guide I have seen is from Duelist101. I have begun to understand so much more by reading it and I have so much I still need to absorb. Start with the first one and be sure to click on the links at the bottom to go to the next chapters. The amount of work and detail they have gone to is staggering. Beyond well done guys at Duelist.

Ensign
Oct 28, 2012
DuncanRoland The E... on Apr 24, 2014 wrote:
Well I didn't know, so thank both you and Chrissy the Blesser, I'm going to look around a bit for the other classes due to the fact I haven't seen them in action much, and knowing that quoting is much more useful than it sounds, I'm gonna do that all the time now. Again, thank you both.
(If you want to skip my rambling, skip to the 7th line.) Alright I'm back from break and I just went over my posts... and I kinda have to say i'm disappointed with my self a little, I say WHAT to do and how to do it, but i barely mention WHY. So I've been looking at witchdoctors for a bit, and although I haven't seen much in action, when i did, needless to say I was a LITTLE surprised to notice: hey, these guys can do so much better if they just did this/that/thing/thingamabob/etc. What I mean is witchdoctors somehow all got the same stereotypical mindset they see from others and it just happened to... Spread. Now hopefully what I say here will actually come full circle. So I don't have a max witch so I haven't done my theories myself, but I'm pretty sure they MAY work.
So IMO the witch's power gear options/capabilities is the most debatable out of the classes. Other than the Valor's armor stuff, who DOESN'T farm as a witch looking for that? But it isn't just wasted, I did some research (More like stumbled into a paged saying it) and it turns out Witches make more powerful Valor's armors, due to a spooky boost, so keep that in mind privateers! So the Witch Doctor is pretty much on the offensive without the gear, so I would suggest getting defensive gear, like the revive power. not just an extra Mojo storm or whatever suits you. This balances out your offensive & defensive power. Which I believe is always a good thing. (YAY I explained why!) Now in play style, of course that's debatable, you're you and you can do whatever you want. BUT I would suggest being the best of ideas to shield yourself with companions, AKA companion fort. For example, 1v1: THE GRAND AND UTTERLY WONDERFUL AND SPECTACULAR corner. (didn't expect that did ya?) By this I mean shield yourself with melee with you in the corner, making a 2x2 box shape. So yeah, I may have just invented a way to make use of melee companions and a way to protect the person you should believe is most important: Yourself. (Not to the extent of being arrogant and such, but you should know what I mean) Now melee can't come run in and get the jump on you! Whoopee! (Come on, every witch experienced that at SOME point.) Now folks will say: NO! you'll get exploded by privy gun fire and mojo blast and stuff! Simple solution: scatter. That formation is actually easy to quickly spread and avoid that beautiful mojo storm. Pirvy gun fire? Come on pal, it doesn't do much in most cases. (I really hope I just didn't make folks angry right there.) So yeah, that's pretty much it. Feel free to poke holes in this and criticize it and come up with new versions and upgrade the versions I made and etc. as much as you want! Because I have NO idea if anything I just said makes sense. Just like everything else I say.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
The Helpful Pirate on May 22, 2014 wrote:
Guts, Guile, and Grit.

Increase their Guts, Guile, and Grit which will help your Cheer ability. Also, when you can, feed your Pets snacks that they Love or Like (Love preferred) since that increases your Pets Power which increases your Cheer ability.

I recommend the following 3 steps: 1) increase Guile to the max, 2) next increase Grit to max while keeping Guile as close to max without going over and 3) last increase Guts to max while keeping Guile and Grit as close to max without going over. This worked for me since my Pets were usually in medium to low Health part way through the match which is what Guile and Grit are for.
Hello Helpful Pirate and welcome to the PHP thread. Sorry it took me so long to thank you for your tips on training your pets. I have been quite a bit behind on a lot of things lately (busy, busy, busy) and I certainly didn't mean to be rude and not show appreciation for you stopping in to help out your fellow pirates.

You are so right that it is important to take note of what snacks your pets like. Each pet and snack has a "home world" that it originates from (excluding the few unknown world origin snacks). All of the snacks also can be broken down into "main course", "side dish" and "dessert"- with a few being designated as "Universal", or liked by all pets. The one exception is the Snack, "El Doreeto" which is loved by all pets regardless of their origin or preference in snack type.

A pet will like a snack from it's "home world" or from it's "preferred snack type". A pet will love a snack if you feed it a snack from it's "home world" and "from it's "preferred snack type". Or you can feed it a universal snack that meets one of those other 2 criteria to get it to love the snack.

Like you noted, if it likes a snack it gets a +1 to it's Power Stat and if it loves the snack it gets a +2. Knowing what to feed those little critters can make a big difference in them maximizing their potential and growth, enough so to where you can be quite successful just feeding your pets mid to low level snacks.

Again, thank you for your contribution and for the helpful tips.!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on May 22, 2014 wrote:
If you want to really understand pets be it training (including guts,guile & grit), sparring, feeding & morphing; the most in depth guide I have seen is from Duelist101. I have begun to understand so much more by reading it and I have so much I still need to absorb. Start with the first one and be sure to click on the links at the bottom to go to the next chapters. The amount of work and detail they have gone to is staggering. Beyond well done guys at Duelist.
Chrissy, that guide is simply amazing! They did such an incredible job explaining pet training, snack feeding, G/G/G and just making it all seem pretty simple. Thank you very much for providing that link, it has surely helped me (and I am sure many others) grow my pets faster and to their full potential. You are absolutely right about what a well done and impressive job they have done. Thanks again for sharing.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
DuncanRoland The E... on May 24, 2014 wrote:
(If you want to skip my rambling, skip to the 7th line.) Alright I'm back from break and I just went over my posts... and I kinda have to say i'm disappointed with my self a little, I say WHAT to do and how to do it, but i barely mention WHY. So I've been looking at witchdoctors for a bit, and although I haven't seen much in action, when i did, needless to say I was a LITTLE surprised to notice: hey, these guys can do so much better if they just did this/that/thing/thingamabob/etc. What I mean is witchdoctors somehow all got the same stereotypical mindset they see from others and it just happened to... Spread. Now hopefully what I say here will actually come full circle. So I don't have a max witch so I haven't done my theories myself, but I'm pretty sure they MAY work.
So IMO the witch's power gear options/capabilities is the most debatable out of the classes. Other than the Valor's armor stuff, who DOESN'T farm as a witch looking for that? But it isn't just wasted, I did some research (More like stumbled into a paged saying it) and it turns out Witches make more powerful Valor's armors, due to a spooky boost, so keep that in mind privateers! So the Witch Doctor is pretty much on the offensive without the gear, so I would suggest getting defensive gear, like the revive power. not just an extra Mojo storm or whatever suits you. This balances out your offensive & defensive power. Which I believe is always a good thing. (YAY I explained why!) Now in play style, of course that's debatable, you're you and you can do whatever you want. BUT I would suggest being the best of ideas to shield yourself with companions, AKA companion fort. For example, 1v1: THE GRAND AND UTTERLY WONDERFUL AND SPECTACULAR corner. (didn't expect that did ya?) By this I mean shield yourself with melee with you in the corner, making a 2x2 box shape. So yeah, I may have just invented a way to make use of melee companions and a way to protect the person you should believe is most important: Yourself. (Not to the extent of being arrogant and such, but you should know what I mean) Now melee can't come run in and get the jump on you! Whoopee! (Come on, every witch experienced that at SOME point.) Now folks will say: NO! you'll get exploded by privy gun fire and mojo blast and stuff! Simple solution: scatter. That formation is actually easy to quickly spread and avoid that beautiful mojo storm. Pirvy gun fire? Come on pal, it doesn't do much in most cases. (I really hope I just didn't make folks angry right there.) So yeah, that's pretty much it. Feel free to poke holes in this and criticize it and come up with new versions and upgrade the versions I made and etc. as much as you want! Because I have NO idea if anything I just said makes sense. Just like everything else I say.
Thank you DuncanRoland for the fabulous (and pretty funny too) tips on the Witchdoctor class and how to become a bonafide Doctor for Witches. You made a great point in stating that Witches gain more powerful buff/debuff, healing and shielding powers due to them being able to train in the Spooky trait.

I also like your......."THE GRAND AND UTTERLY WONDERFUL AND SPECTACULAR corner" strategy. In fact I often use that strategy even playing as a Buccaneer. If I go with all melee except for 1 Witchdoctor or, more often, Bonnie Anne or other Musketeers, I will "hunker" them down in the corner, let the enemy come to them and provide a nice barrier of Melee Ferocity as Bonnie, my other Musketeer or my WD "pepper" them from safety. This particular works well against melee enemies.

Very nice tips and strategies- I think they made perfect sense. Thanks again for sharing and taking the time to help out your fellow players and pirates.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
FLANKING TIP- Use (but don't abuse) your pets

By now most players out there have become more aware of how the Epic Talent Flanking works. Over the past few months their have been a lot of helpful and very thorough explanations of how to get the most out of Flanking, with many a tip from The Head Rat himself. That being said, one thing that hasn't really been noted yet, at least I don't believe it has, is that Flanking is one of the very few Epic Talents that you can use your pets to get it to trigger.

With the new updates, our pirates' pets have become even more valuable, effective and potent in combat. If you have a crew member in battle with the Flanking Talent and your pet comes to join the fray, use this to your advantage.

So far every pet I have equipped and had in battle has "acted" and been classified as a melee fighter and therefore has allowed Flanking to trigger off of it. I was not aware of this before and for some reason thought that certain pets like Ebon Spectre were not considered true melee attackers and in fact I didn't even pay attention to whether or not you could even use pets to trigger Flanking in the first place. It is one of the few Talents that your pets can help you with.

Knowing this will provide you with even more of an edge in battle and make those Flanking Melee companions that much more devastating. Having one more battle combatant to trigger Flanking can only be a good thing.

Now, if we can just get those stubborn pets to position themselves were we want them to.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 6, 2014 wrote:

By now most players out there have become more aware of how the Epic Talent Flanking works. Over the past few months their have been a lot of helpful and very thorough explanations of how to get the most out of Flanking, with many a tip from The Head Rat himself. That being said, one thing that hasn't really been noted yet, at least I don't believe it has, is that Flanking is one of the very few Epic Talents that you can use your pets to get it to trigger.

With the new updates, our pirates' pets have become even more valuable, effective and potent in combat. If you have a crew member in battle with the Flanking Talent and your pet comes to join the fray, use this to your advantage.

So far every pet I have equipped and had in battle has "acted" and been classified as a melee fighter and therefore has allowed Flanking to trigger off of it. I was not aware of this before and for some reason thought that certain pets like Ebon Spectre were not considered true melee attackers and in fact I didn't even pay attention to whether or not you could even use pets to trigger Flanking in the first place. It is one of the few Talents that your pets can help you with.

Knowing this will provide you with even more of an edge in battle and make those Flanking Melee companions that much more devastating. Having one more battle combatant to trigger Flanking can only be a good thing.

Now, if we can just get those stubborn pets to position themselves were we want them to.
Now wouldn't it be fun to be able to "Drop a treat" in a square to lure our pet over to that area and then they can just do their thing and continue to chose their target from there?

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 6, 2014 wrote:

Well put. And yes. Flanking does work with this. But just remember. Your running FLANKING. not CROSSFIRE. Which is the ranged version. It does not trigger with pets because their arent any ranged pets.....yet

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 6, 2014 wrote:
Now wouldn't it be fun to be able to "Drop a treat" in a square to lure our pet over to that area and then they can just do their thing and continue to chose their target from there?
Oooh, Chrissy...that just may be a neat idea. Pet snacks/treats that we can actually use in battle to position our trusty and loyal pets. Maybe our companions could bring back Pet Doubloons from their Wranglin' tasks with this and other special pet powers/abilities to aid and assist. Possibly, an Unleash the Leash Doubloon, that allows us for 3-5 turns to actually be able to control our pets movements in battle.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Logan Sharp on Jun 6, 2014 wrote:
Well put. And yes. Flanking does work with this. But just remember. Your running FLANKING. not CROSSFIRE. Which is the ranged version. It does not trigger with pets because their arent any ranged pets.....yet
Absolutely correct, and good point Logan!

My tip was definitely only referring to the actual Flanking Talent and not the other class/attack type variants. But your good point brings up another oft suggested topic....Ranged Pets. I think that there may come a day where we will see this come to fruition and our pets will have some awesome new ranged attacks and some of them actually be classified as ranged combatants, so that Crossfire can be triggered by them.

Hey why let the melee fighters have all the fun, right?

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 7, 2014 wrote:
Absolutely correct, and good point Logan!

My tip was definitely only referring to the actual Flanking Talent and not the other class/attack type variants. But your good point brings up another oft suggested topic....Ranged Pets. I think that there may come a day where we will see this come to fruition and our pets will have some awesome new ranged attacks and some of them actually be classified as ranged combatants, so that Crossfire can be triggered by them.

Hey why let the melee fighters have all the fun, right?
thanks for the compliment valk, but I made sure to tell people that crossfire DOES NOT WORK with this as well because while I was farming for an item, some of my teammates were getting upset that crossfire doesn't work with pets, and were confused since the pets had "ranged" powers...but anyway I would like to see some ranged pets out there, that would be an interesting idea and would add some more strategy to this game (plus a lot less problems for melee pets getting in the way )

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Logan Sharp on Jun 8, 2014 wrote:
thanks for the compliment valk, but I made sure to tell people that crossfire DOES NOT WORK with this as well because while I was farming for an item, some of my teammates were getting upset that crossfire doesn't work with pets, and were confused since the pets had "ranged" powers...but anyway I would like to see some ranged pets out there, that would be an interesting idea and would add some more strategy to this game (plus a lot less problems for melee pets getting in the way )
Yeah, I to was confused at first by how all of the pets were classified as melee even though they could use ranged attacks. Maybe it is because they all can also perform melee attacks as well and since they don't possess actual weapons, they were lumped together as melee. Although some of those critter companion don't equip weapons and are melee only...but I guess they don't possess ranged attacks either.

Well, I am successfully rambling again. My point is, that I agree with you that the pets should be able to "mimic" our crews attack types and class of battle combatants. I think adding strictly ranged pets and strictly melee pet classes would be welcomed, especially by those with Crossfire. Or at least, maybe some of the current pets that have ranged attacks (probably most of them) should be allowed to trigger Crossfire as well as Flanking. Like you said, it would add to strategy and fairness to other classes and would be pretty darn neat!

By the way, is it just me or is the sky no longer a certain color?

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 9, 2014 wrote:
Yeah, I to was confused at first by how all of the pets were classified as melee even though they could use ranged attacks. Maybe it is because they all can also perform melee attacks as well and since they don't possess actual weapons, they were lumped together as melee. Although some of those critter companion don't equip weapons and are melee only...but I guess they don't possess ranged attacks either.

Well, I am successfully rambling again. My point is, that I agree with you that the pets should be able to "mimic" our crews attack types and class of battle combatants. I think adding strictly ranged pets and strictly melee pet classes would be welcomed, especially by those with Crossfire. Or at least, maybe some of the current pets that have ranged attacks (probably most of them) should be allowed to trigger Crossfire as well as Flanking. Like you said, it would add to strategy and fairness to other classes and would be pretty darn neat!

By the way, is it just me or is the sky no longer a certain color?
lol to answer your question TODAY at least....yes the sky lost its color...its been nothing buy grey skies and raindrops all week xD

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
guess who finally came back now to see if I still got it *cracks fingers*

1 hey hey hey its fat chumba! for this boss he has a cheat (kinda) first thing you want to do is lay all hands on him, second when hes about dead put some companions around the three corners were the entrance isn't, then lay a saved critical on him and he will get back up and prepare to fight again. but don't worry your companions will be near the statues and then that will automatically kill him
2 DOH! (Simpsons incase you don't get it) always follow the battle rules, if you don't you might die and indeed want scream (especially in a dungeon)
3 what burns besides witches? things on the other side of the battleboard! for the big guns the fire burns where the enemies first start out
4 your arms off! no it isn't! what's that then? tis but a scratch! in Aquila you want high armor so you can take hits. then it will only be a flesh wound.
5 are you suggesting bananas migrate? a skarakeet could grip it by the peel. a one ounce skarakeet gripping a pile of bananas? he must like bananas. when you get the quest from zeke all the bananas are in main story places and pretty easy to find just look around and you'll find them and remember there dark brown and have stink lines and flies.
6 back in my day we used leeches as medicine. we still do grandpa but sometimes it kills clockworks to our advantage. you can use bishops leech to your advantage, get the clockworks health low around 200 and then attack bishop he will kill them for you and around the time theres no more minions he will have his health around yellow to low green.
ive run out of room so see ya

-jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer

we still use leeches, its saved life's.

Petty Officer
Oct 11, 2012
well gosh I don't know if there is anything to add, so many posts I could not read them all, I guess I can specify the different schools to make it easier to choose. It really depends on how long you have played and what you want. There have been a ton of topics talking about the classes vs classes but every class is good in their own way.

Swashbucklers: swashbucklers would be a great class for someone's first pirate. It is a great solo class and very strong. They can run long distances across the battlefield and can use different powers including hiding, poison, sneak attacks, and many more useful attacks. They have a good amount of class companions, most of them very strong including sarah stele, horse warrior, the frog hero, along with good side companions like froggo villa. They are have good epics like first strike and riposite, but because of this they usually have to be in the middle of the battle.

Buccaneers: Buccaneers would also be a good first pirate. They have epics including vengeance strike and glancing blow. They have good powers, they have damage shields, epic attacks and other great powers.
They have a good amount of class companions, most of them strong including kobe, and the pelican mercenary. Buccaneers usually get companions with relentless which makes them very strong.

Musketeers: Musketeers is a good school, best for soloing. They can attack from a long distance away so they don't have to be in the middle of the fight like swashbucklers, privateers and buccaneers. They have good epics including burst fire, quick draw and elusive. They have a large amount of strong companions including the privateer pelican, the cane rifleman, and the crab musketeer. They have good epics including traps, barricades, bombs, epic gun attacks, and many other strong hits. They can stay in the same place the full battle and keep attacking.

I don't have enough room for the last 2 schools, I will add them in my next post.

Petty Officer
Oct 11, 2012
Here are the last 2 schools

Privateers: Some people don't like privateers, they think they are weaker but privateers can be really good if you know ho to use them. Privateers would be a good class for when you are very experienced at p101. You have to be very smart. They are good for group questing. Privateers need to pick their companions wisely because they re best for buffing their companions. They have epics like, healing, shields, some attacks, bombs, and things to increase stats. Privateers are the healers, they buff their companions or friends, heal them, shield them and have a few attacks that can do good. Privateers have the most companions of any other class, which really helps you. Privateers are a hard class to be but once you learn how to use them they can be the toughest out of all the classes.

Witchdoctors: Witchdoctors are the best class for soloing. They can also attack from a long distance so their low health is not too much of a problem. They have awesome powers like spells that can be cast on any enemy, summon undead to fight for you, spells that can attack up to 9 enemies at once, spells that go in a straight line that reduce spell power, and many many more powers. Witchdoctors eventually get so many powers, they rarely ever run out in a battle, they have the most powers of any other class. Because of that they also have the least amount of companions. Even though they don't have as many, the class companions that they do get are very strong They usually have low health but can do a ton of damage. These companions include kan po, grimtooth, and mormo.

So those are the schools it really depends on what you want.
If you want a good solo class the list would go: witchdoctor, musketeer, swashbuckler, buccaneer and privateer.

If you want a lot of companions: privateer, swashbuckler, musketeer, buccaneer, witchdoctor.

If you were new, your class list would need to go: witchdoctor, swashbuckler, buccaneer, musketeer and privateer.

Well no more room.

Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
I think we need to stand together when ever call to aid fellow pirates. Like when fighting dungeons, ships, or simple quests.

Ensign
Oct 28, 2012
DuncanRoland The E... on May 24, 2014 wrote:
A new guide to specific classes, because yes. Now I've covered swashbuckler, buccaneer, and witchdoctor. Sooo I'm gonna try to tackle something most people think to have a pretty set destiny: Privateers. Now, again, this is simply from observing and noticing and learning every power, preference, strength, weakness, ETC. So, there's always the 2 directions every Privy can lean: Offensive and more physical type, or the original purpose to the good old Privy: Tanking like a madman. Sure, just heal whenever you feel like it and buff whenever you feel like it, but then you're just shooting in the dark and hoping it sticks. (Come on, that's basically what a LOT of privateers do, admit it, guys.) Now to backup the tanking like a madman, which I FULLY support. First off, gear's a thing. Health's a thing. Getting the picture? If you can heal, why not boost how much health you can have in the first place for your heals to do even MORE optimal capability in how much your health bar just shoots up, and, with more health, stay up. So, Privateers in general are tough cookies, right? PERSIST upon that perk, just bathe yourself in defensive buffs when the opponent even starts to THINK it's a good idea to knock you off the field before you do too much. Most privateers just start to heal themselves when focused upon... which makes a death spiral, making you heal yourself, then the opponent just picks off your companions like a wolf among sheep. So, buffing YOURSELF can do much better. HOWEVER, an alternate thing to do is buff the companion you want to be your trumpet card, by trumpet card, the companion that doesn't seem too important at the moment but in the end just DESTROYS everything unexpectedly. Also, don't completely rely on the good ole' valor's armor if the opponent still packs a few solid wallops. Consider Valor's armor more of an endgame thing, lining up with your trumpet card. (For the record, mine always turns out to be bonnie, so experiment with her a bit? idk.) The halving buffs, AKA valor's fort, are good beginning game buffs, along with critical boost. The Infamous Battle Zeal is a good endgame thing as well, keeping you hitting but not getting hit any further yourself. Companion set-up is SO flexible, I'll let you come up with that, of course, have common sense. Again, poke holes in this all you want if you think i missed something or messed something up, trust me, I WANT you to improve what others come up with and make your own ideas. It's a wonderful thing. (I watched a particular movie that shall not be named so much that I came to like that fact, my apologies.)

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
Awesome thread, Valkoor! I have DEFINATLY learned a thing or two while reading this. Awesome tips, everybody! Keep up the good work

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
Withdoctor guide-Do side quests level up your companions
This is a with doctor guide for skull island
How to defeat troggies use your power {Ghost wail} on 1 of the enemies
Use your starter companion to critical attack or regular attack
Do this until the temple of gloom
__
When you get to the temple of gloom equip the gear your given

Also if gear like what you get when defeating troggies or sharks
Use it until you get a better piece of gear like at the temple of gloom treasure chest
---When you finish the troggie quest you get Bonnie Annie and training points for companions use them they will help you.Also when you get Bonnie Annie put her as your first mate and train kan po.

I will have another guide for this class soon and other classes.
Hoped this helped

--Krokotopia pirate

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
ChrisTheSwashy on Aug 8, 2014 wrote:
Awesome thread, Valkoor! I have DEFINATLY learned a thing or two while reading this. Awesome tips, everybody! Keep up the good work
Thank you Chris, I am glad that this thread has helped you and others, a bit.

To me, this is surely not my thread, but a thread shared by all of the wonderful players and posters out there that have been so thoughtful to share any strategies, tips and/or recommendations that have helped them with their own Spiral adventures. Being able to pass on anything that may help a fellow player is to me, a duty, a responsibility and a pleasure that I enjoy thoroughly. I am very appreciative to all of the awesome posters who have offered up anything that can help their pirate friends out.

I sure hope the thread to continues to grow with the addition of any future, new content and as the game grows. Even with the most recent updates, there is a lot of info out there that can be shared to help in regards to companion tasks, new battle strategies and the new pet systems. I encourage anyone to share anything that they believe will aid there Spiral, battle mates.

I have some catching up to do myself when it comes to adding a few tips, strategies and helpful information to the thread and hope to soon. Also I need to follow up on some of the most recent tips that others have been kind enough to offer up......if I could only use Crowns to buy more time!

Well, glad you have been enjoying the thread and thank you for stopping in to provide some encouraging words!