Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Enemy Difficulty Colors

AuthorMessage
Captain
May 02, 2009
While roaming Aquila testing the new companions, I noticed that alot of the enemies in Aquila are Orange when before the majority of them were yellow (except on WD cause staffs are naturally weaker than the rest of the weapons). Were the enemies difficulty also scaled down when the weapon strength of the weapon changed? I mean, they're still pretty easy to beat (except Ettins of course), but shouldn't they still be as tough as me (yellow)?

Bloody Felix Lawson
Fusileer

Administrator
Hi, Pirate! What you're seeing is the result of a change we made to help you better gauge the difficulty of enemies. Where there was a system of three colors of names, now there's a system of five colors!

• Gray names mean they're pushovers.
  • Green names are tougher but still easy t'beat.
  • Yellow foes are as strong as ye are.
  • Orange names are hard t'beat
  • Purple names are deadly.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Captain
May 02, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Apr 14, 2014 wrote:
Hi, Pirate! What you're seeing is the result of a change we made to help you better gauge the difficulty of enemies. Where there was a system of three colors of names, now there's a system of five colors!

• Gray names mean they're pushovers.
  • Green names are tougher but still easy t'beat.
  • Yellow foes are as strong as ye are.
  • Orange names are hard t'beat
  • Purple names are deadly.
Green? Didn't green mean friendly creatures? Like the Scurvy Dogs after completing the first half of Cool Ranch? Also, there are some creatures that have weird colored names. As a level 65, enemies in around Subata Skyway have a light yellowish/grayish color. Is that suppose to be green?

Developer
coolster50 on Apr 15, 2014 wrote:
Green? Didn't green mean friendly creatures? Like the Scurvy Dogs after completing the first half of Cool Ranch? Also, there are some creatures that have weird colored names. As a level 65, enemies in around Subata Skyway have a light yellowish/grayish color. Is that suppose to be green?
"Green" isn't how I'd describe it.

I'd describe it as #CCCC66 but that's probably not very helpful either.

Greenish-yellowish-grey?

Somewhat between grey and yellow?

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
The technical humor is much appreciated Ratbeard.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ratbeard on Apr 15, 2014 wrote:
"Green" isn't how I'd describe it.

I'd describe it as #CCCC66 but that's probably not very helpful either.

Greenish-yellowish-grey?

Somewhat between grey and yellow?
Why not have another color to describe them as allies, such as indigo or plum? I'm just tossing out some ideas.

Community Leader
Trimond297 on Apr 16, 2014 wrote:
Why not have another color to describe them as allies, such as indigo or plum? I'm just tossing out some ideas.
Plum could easily be confused with Purple I would think.

I think it would easier to change the color for that level of difficulty (whats been adjusted with this update in the first place), than to change the color of allies which we've grown accustomed to over the past year.

Hmmm what would be a good color. Brown? lol. It is somewhat a darker/less bright variation on yellow and orange (the next two difficulty levels).

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Bosun
May 06, 2009
How about adding Red to the difficulty spectrum? Wizard101 has it with their elites. Maybe the color spectrum could be slitghtly shift so it could be:

Gray for push-overs
Yellow for tougher, but still easy
Orange for about your level
Red for tougher than you
Purple for much tougher than you (Deadly!)

Just a thought.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Purple-coded enemies? Deadly?? Cool!

And as I have said before, I love your humor, Ratbeard!