Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Speculations on the Armada

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 01, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
Yes, I can just see them, standing in line conga style and the sound of a ratcheting from a clockwork key being wound.... I have enjoyed reading Mary Shelley's Frankenstein or the New Prometheus. How Victor Frankenstein attempted to create a new mankind, then repulsed by his flawed creation, abandoned him. Could this be Kane's case? As you also mention in another post Kane could also be Cain ( and he was the oldest son of Adam and Eve ). I believe Kane was the original, and the Toymaker, perhaps worried about his too perfect creation, refused to make more Elites? Leaving it to Kane to replicate himself. Smarter-Bishop, Stronger-Rooke and Faster ( Dame or Phule, maybe? )
What fuels our ships, and where does it come from? Organic like whale oil or an inorganic resource like fossil fuel? Is it this that fuels the Armada? But eventually they would run out of 'gas'. A magical source would explain 'we never tire, we do not stop, ever..' But no energy source is infinite. I believe we may have just discovered a paradox.
There is,however,significant difference between Kane and Frankenstein's monster.

One is that the monster doesn't have a name.This is a very very important part of the novel,as the monster's lack of name gives him a lack of identity,and with it,a lack of confidence.Through the novel,the monster is called with names like''monster'',''beast'',''fiend'',''devil'' etc,and being called that doesn't make you feel welcome into society.

But Kane does have a name.And not only that,he has a great name,known and feared,and because he,like his fellow Elites, has emotions,his actions don't stem from a lack of identity.

Another important thing is that Kane is as arrogant as his children,he considers himself to be the personification of perfection!While the monster thinks of itself as...well a monster.This can be seen when it says:
''Remember, that I am thy creature; I ought to be thy Adam; but I am rather the fallen angel, whom thou drivest from joy for no misdeed. Everywhere I see bliss, from which I alone am irrevocably excluded. I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous."

And this is also one of the core things about Kane,and one of the things Mew is most tight-lipped about:What made Kane go cuckoo?

He wants to do something,we know that,and he is persistent,but what gave him the idea.Blind Mew,has said that there is a very specific reason for the Armada going wrong,and that we will be delving a lot deeper into their origins(I believe Donkey Hotay said that they are done with that puppet show).

Are Kane's actions an act of sorrow rebellion?Or hubristic and greedy desire for something?Or a third option may be that the Armada is in some way flawed,a flaw that he wishes to fix...

And what does Kane want with El Dorado?I do not know.But I do think I've cracked the connection between the Aztecosaurs and El Dorado.A quote from a post Blind Mew made about the ambiguity between Azteca and Skull Island:
''This bit is a little tricky, so let me clarify:

The Aztecosaurs who settled in Skull Island died out long ago, and are now nothing but mummies. They are cousins to the builders of Azteca, but in Azteca the scaly guys managed to live on in isolation for far longer. Azteca is not Skull Island - the two are close to each other in the Spiral, given that the Monquistans have found their way to both places, but they are not the same islands. The timeline is intact.

Now, both the Azteca Aztecosaurs and the Skull Island Aztecosaurs share a common origin, which is very interesting. We'll get to that later...''

Aztecosaurs when they first came to Skull Island,from their home,that they shared with the Azteca Aztecosaurs.And that common origin may be the Shinning City of Gold.Just notice how in Xol Akmul,gold is treated as if it were paper.

And does that mean that the ''thing'' in the Shinning City may be some of the Aztecasaurs that are left,the ones that didn't move.

Quite an interesting idea to go through

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Yes, I can just see them, standing in line conga style and the sound of a ratcheting from a clockwork key being wound.... I have enjoyed reading Mary Shelley's Frankenstein or the New Prometheus. How Victor Frankenstein attempted to create a new mankind, then repulsed by his flawed creation, abandoned him. Could this be Kane's case? As you also mention in another post Kane could also be Cain ( and he was the oldest son of Adam and Eve ). I believe Kane was the original, and the Toymaker, perhaps worried about his too perfect creation, refused to make more Elites? Leaving it to Kane to replicate himself. Smarter-Bishop, Stronger-Rooke and Faster ( Dame or Phule, maybe? )
What fuels our ships, and where does it come from? Organic like whale oil or an inorganic resource like fossil fuel? Is it this that fuels the Armada? But eventually they would run out of 'gas'. A magical source would explain 'we never tire, we do not stop, ever..' But no energy source is infinite. I believe we may have just discovered a paradox.
And now to continue my yammering about stuff we barely understand.What fuels the Armada,you may ask?

This is not a big mystery,actually.They're wind-up toys.You have to wind them up,obviously,but there's more...

When he was asked about the differences between Marleybonean and Valencian clockworks,I believe Mew said that Valencian clockworks were far superior,because they have a mechanism,in which they keep winding themselves,whenever they moved,that absolutely completely baffles the Marleyboneans.Picure it this way,in the factory,(wherever that is) they have a wind up key.This key gets removed,and they can walk.And with each step they take,they wind themselves up(it's not as hard to imagine,I can draw it right now),and as this develops into more complex mechanisms,clockworks can do more than walk and attack,dodge and block.They can talk!!And write and do a whole set of other normal-people-stuff.

What makes me wonder is why is the first of the Armada,and the king of the Armada,the mightiest in the Armada?What makes Kane so special that he is above all of his peers?(Way above,actually)

And now,I will leave you with one final question:Where was the picture of Pollo and his crew taken?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Hoodoo Master on Jul 1, 2014 wrote:
And now to continue my yammering about stuff we barely understand.What fuels the Armada,you may ask?

This is not a big mystery,actually.They're wind-up toys.You have to wind them up,obviously,but there's more...

When he was asked about the differences between Marleybonean and Valencian clockworks,I believe Mew said that Valencian clockworks were far superior,because they have a mechanism,in which they keep winding themselves,whenever they moved,that absolutely completely baffles the Marleyboneans.Picure it this way,in the factory,(wherever that is) they have a wind up key.This key gets removed,and they can walk.And with each step they take,they wind themselves up(it's not as hard to imagine,I can draw it right now),and as this develops into more complex mechanisms,clockworks can do more than walk and attack,dodge and block.They can talk!!And write and do a whole set of other normal-people-stuff.

What makes me wonder is why is the first of the Armada,and the king of the Armada,the mightiest in the Armada?What makes Kane so special that he is above all of his peers?(Way above,actually)

And now,I will leave you with one final question:Where was the picture of Pollo and his crew taken?
The background is out of focus; believe me, I've been studying it, trying to gain a clue. I can only surmise it's El Dorado, showing Pollo an his crew in triumph of the discovery ( and possibly before 'the great danger' had revealed its self ). And, of course we don't know who took the picture, but I bet we will soon find out who he/ she was...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
And did we destroy Rooke? Did he go down with his ship, the Executioner? or did he escape? I won't believe in the death of a villain, unless I've seen the body or had it confirmed by an angry, annoyed Elite.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
A few final thoughts before I end my speculations; I believe we will re-enter Valencia through their Stormgate in Port Regal. How will we get pass the blockade? Wouldn't I like to know ! However, I'll guess we might enter in an Armada ship! It would be the time for Avery to honor his promise of giving us a ship ( not a boat, any sailor knows the difference ).

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Merely speculating, of course, but yes, I think the name 'Kane' resonates well with 'Cain': Cain the first-born in a brave new world, the child of hope and promise that rebels against the expectations of good behavior expected from him, and in rage and jealousy kills his own brother. And if I remember my puppet show right, Kane is described as 'first of the clockworks'... or something like that. But does that mean (1) the first created clockwork or (2) the leader of the clockworks. Could mean both, really, though if I had to choose either, I would think (2), for Kane to be a very careful construction made after a lot of trial and error with lesser clockworks.

Now, did Kane start out the 'good boy' according to expectations? Did he earn those medals displayed on his person in the puppet show? Was he adored or (as in Frankenstein) considered with revulsion? Considering how, well, beautiful he is in appearance and thinking historically on how 18th C. people adored their automata (there are a couple of fascinating examples on Youtube; especially the lady automata playing the hammered dulcimer) I tend to think the former. Kane - made to be smarter, stronger, faster, etc. - did he quickly grow contemptuous of the lesser beings who considered themselves his 'master'?

If the making of Kane was a collective effort (the idea of alchemy and engineering and mechanics and magic, etc.), did he seek to destroy or control his makers, thus tipping his hand so that at least one of his makers, 'the Toymaker', escaped? Did Kane, like the monster in Frankenstein, try to force his maker (or makers) to make the Elites, his court (as Esperanza suggests), or did Kane decide he would be far superior as a maker than those who created him? Whichever the reason, Kane likely got better as he practiced, though the Elites have some strangeness, a fey quality (which is seen in spades in Phule). Since he would first need a spymaster and a subordinate general, watch out for the newer models then made as Phule and the lady Elite!

And what gives them 'life'? Are they self-winding, as CdeWinter suggests? Do they have a magical energy source? If magic gives them life, then they would wish to hoard it and fear those who might have knowledge of magic that could lead to a weakness of theirs. Bishop and Rooke go ballistic (literally) when you cast magic at them (kinda fun, really ), which could imply this defense mechanism, or that magic - which belongs to biological creatures - is simply anathema. After all, Bishop doesn't use true magic for his powers. Do the dreadful Armada land-grinding machines have something to do with whatever their energy source is? Is it some rare mineral in the earth, or is it the sheer enormity of what was a geographical entity compressed and 'melted' down? Questions, questions

(Oh, I think though, that what powers our ships is more easily defined. Most likely a chemical reaction or perhaps an 'aether distillate' or some such reasonable explanation)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 6, 2014 wrote:
Merely speculating, of course, but yes, I think the name 'Kane' resonates well with 'Cain': Cain the first-born in a brave new world, the child of hope and promise that rebels against the expectations of good behavior expected from him, and in rage and jealousy kills his own brother. And if I remember my puppet show right, Kane is described as 'first of the clockworks'... or something like that. But does that mean (1) the first created clockwork or (2) the leader of the clockworks. Could mean both, really, though if I had to choose either, I would think (2), for Kane to be a very careful construction made after a lot of trial and error with lesser clockworks.

Now, did Kane start out the 'good boy' according to expectations? Did he earn those medals displayed on his person in the puppet show? Was he adored or (as in Frankenstein) considered with revulsion? Considering how, well, beautiful he is in appearance and thinking historically on how 18th C. people adored their automata (there are a couple of fascinating examples on Youtube; especially the lady automata playing the hammered dulcimer) I tend to think the former. Kane - made to be smarter, stronger, faster, etc. - did he quickly grow contemptuous of the lesser beings who considered themselves his 'master'?

If the making of Kane was a collective effort (the idea of alchemy and engineering and mechanics and magic, etc.), did he seek to destroy or control his makers, thus tipping his hand so that at least one of his makers, 'the Toymaker', escaped? Did Kane, like the monster in Frankenstein, try to force his maker (or makers) to make the Elites, his court (as Esperanza suggests), or did Kane decide he would be far superior as a maker than those who created him? Whichever the reason, Kane likely got better as he practiced, though the Elites have some strangeness, a fey quality (which is seen in spades in Phule). Since he would first need a spymaster and a subordinate general, watch out for the newer models then made as Phule and the lady Elite!

And what gives them 'life'? Are they self-winding, as CdeWinter suggests? Do they have a magical energy source? If magic gives them life, then they would wish to hoard it and fear those who might have knowledge of magic that could lead to a weakness of theirs. Bishop and Rooke go ballistic (literally) when you cast magic at them (kinda fun, really ), which could imply this defense mechanism, or that magic - which belongs to biological creatures - is simply anathema. After all, Bishop doesn't use true magic for his powers. Do the dreadful Armada land-grinding machines have something to do with whatever their energy source is? Is it some rare mineral in the earth, or is it the sheer enormity of what was a geographical entity compressed and 'melted' down? Questions, questions

(Oh, I think though, that what powers our ships is more easily defined. Most likely a chemical reaction or perhaps an 'aether distillate' or some such reasonable explanation)
Thank you Anne, it's always a pleasure to read one of your posts! Thoughtful, insightful, giving a depth to others surface ramblings; I fear I have nothing further to say or add to this post

Lieutenant
May 19, 2013
anecorbie on Jun 15, 2014 wrote:
It's true that computers and robots only do what they're programed to do. But we are also dealing with fiction, in many sci-fi books and movies computers and robots sometimes through their AI take that one step beyond their original programing ( sometimes with good, but more often with bad results ). These range from the main character in I, Robot to 2001, A Space Odessy. ( oops, there goes my spelling, darn )
I love I,robot it's awesome

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
It seems I still have something more to say about the Armada. I haven't completely addressed my speculations regarding Phule; Besides my belief that this Elite was created exactly as Kane wanted him to be and not a mistake or dysfunctional; All our encounters have been ( relatively ) pleasant. Notice that in The Tomb of Marco Pollo, he orders his minions to attack - it is not a coincidence that the two Servus are called Albus and Carbo. ( Albus a latin cognate meaning 'white' and Carbo meaning carbon or 'black' - reflecting Phule's two sides. )
The fact that he orders them, then leaves us to our fate ( or so he thinks ) proves to me that he is a Privateer.
Yes, he does have a drop which is a wand, but such an item is actually part of a fool's costume. Or maybe Phule is a dual class?
Consider the Armada Dragoons we fight in Marleybone; They use two weapons, The Auto Cannon and that sword! I think we have finally met an actual 'dual class' enemy!
This leaves an interesting question in my mind - how many classes has Kane trained in?

Ensign
May 23, 2012
I have to say Phule is a Witch Doctor like Bishop. KI says Privateers are leaders Kane is the leader he is a Privateer. Back to Phule, he is a Witch Doctor because he has a wand and in one battle his gear is dropped and it is Witch Doctor only gear.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Was Kane conceived to be the 'ultimate' warrior? Is his brain stuffed with the strategy used throughout the ages of the Spiral? Also strong and agile, being made in Valencia, does he have all the techniques of the duello? ( that's fencing for the layperson ). Can he lay traps, and mines? Castle walls and other defensive barriers? Imagine if he's a crack shot, better than Bonnie Ann or Chantal Livingstone. The only thing the Armada seems to lack is an ability to use magic.
So besides a weakness in Valecian steel, could this actually be the fatal flaw in Kane?
Breakdown of Armada types we've fought:
Snipers and fusiliers
Marines
Battleangels
Dragoons ( a nasty combo of & )
Elites:
Deacon
Bishop
Rooke
Unknown Quantity: Phule and Dame, But I believe Phule is a privateer and Dame is a swashbuckler
Kane. It all comes down to what we know of Kane which is - zip.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
gyules8554 on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
I have to say Phule is a Witch Doctor like Bishop. KI says Privateers are leaders Kane is the leader he is a Privateer. Back to Phule, he is a Witch Doctor because he has a wand and in one battle his gear is dropped and it is Witch Doctor only gear.
Thank you for your post gyules8554! I do appreciate it! On the matter of Phule, we will have to agree to disagree, and wait for KI to reveal the truth!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Did you know that there is such a thing as JESTER CHESS ? It is played on a 10 x 10 chessboard with an additional piece called the Jester The Jester piece mimics the movement of the last piece moved. For example if your opponent moves their pawn, then you can move your jester like a pawn. The reason why I'm commenting on this is 'jester' is a synonym for 'fool'!
This is somewhat in comparison to card games, where the rule that 'jokers are wild cards' are played.
Could this mean that Phule has no class? ( lol ) I didn't mean that to come out like it sounds. How about - Phule is classless? Yeah, much better.
Still, I believe that Phule will turn out to be a privateer, regardless of his wand ( or ninny stick ). I've received plenty of drops from bosses that don't reflect their class at all. So the fact that he drops a wand is really of no importance to my speculations.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Another interesting 'theory' about Kane popped up this morning. That Kane is a mere figure head and the Lady Elite is the actual power behind the throne. Now, don't get me wrong, I think it would be awesome to have a powerful mastermind be a female! ( I am Woman, hear me roar! )
But I believe, and continue to believe, that Kane is the leader. But what if he's two pieces in one? The important piece - the King, which we must checkmate to win the game and the Queen piece, the most powerful piece on the board. Would anyone care to reply or disagree?

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 10, 2014 wrote:
It seems I still have something more to say about the Armada. I haven't completely addressed my speculations regarding Phule; Besides my belief that this Elite was created exactly as Kane wanted him to be and not a mistake or dysfunctional; All our encounters have been ( relatively ) pleasant. Notice that in The Tomb of Marco Pollo, he orders his minions to attack - it is not a coincidence that the two Servus are called Albus and Carbo. ( Albus a latin cognate meaning 'white' and Carbo meaning carbon or 'black' - reflecting Phule's two sides. )
The fact that he orders them, then leaves us to our fate ( or so he thinks ) proves to me that he is a Privateer.
Yes, he does have a drop which is a wand, but such an item is actually part of a fool's costume. Or maybe Phule is a dual class?
Consider the Armada Dragoons we fight in Marleybone; They use two weapons, The Auto Cannon and that sword! I think we have finally met an actual 'dual class' enemy!
This leaves an interesting question in my mind - how many classes has Kane trained in?
I think it is a good point to consider, indeed, that Phule is working "exactly as Kane wanted him". The medieval fool allows the king and his court to reflect back upon themselves, through jokes, yes, but still as a mirror where they consider the truth... this is seen most brilliantly in King Lear (and the fool pays dearly as his King will not see). Phule thus can be the non-linear thinker, the one who thinks outside the box (and yes, I think he knows where the box is, though I would like to make some snide comment otherwise). Gives me some very bad vibes about how Kane thinks. Outwitting him is going to be very, very difficult indeed.

Though I wouldn't call Phule's encounters relatively pleasant -- disturbing and unnerving, more like! That pleasant 'approval' of his white side draws my curiosity like a moth to a flame -- and with the same certain results, I am sure.

As for how many classes has Kane trained in? All, I suspect. He'd be the uber-Privateer, right off; then also powerful, with crushing strength and relentless strikes, but light on his feet, incredibly fast and a supreme master of the blade (and supreme master of sneakiness and poison too, most like). And to top it off he could toss the Clockwork perversion of magic at you -- shock you with bolts of electricity, absorb your strength, leech from his allies when needed (say... does this give a clue to what powers the Armada? Do they operate on some sort of battery?) Yes, I think it fair to say we have no idea what we are in for. (Not that this will stop us, oh no )

As for the Lady Elite being the power behind the throne as it were? Well, that would be irony, as Kane is surely the power behind the throne -- and fast coming in front of the throne -- in Valencia, but as I express in another post, I don't think so. But I still expect she will be terrifyingly good at what she does, and very, very dangerous. And nasty. Yep, looking forward to being scared silly.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 18, 2014 wrote:
I think it is a good point to consider, indeed, that Phule is working "exactly as Kane wanted him". The medieval fool allows the king and his court to reflect back upon themselves, through jokes, yes, but still as a mirror where they consider the truth... this is seen most brilliantly in King Lear (and the fool pays dearly as his King will not see). Phule thus can be the non-linear thinker, the one who thinks outside the box (and yes, I think he knows where the box is, though I would like to make some snide comment otherwise). Gives me some very bad vibes about how Kane thinks. Outwitting him is going to be very, very difficult indeed.

Though I wouldn't call Phule's encounters relatively pleasant -- disturbing and unnerving, more like! That pleasant 'approval' of his white side draws my curiosity like a moth to a flame -- and with the same certain results, I am sure.

As for how many classes has Kane trained in? All, I suspect. He'd be the uber-Privateer, right off; then also powerful, with crushing strength and relentless strikes, but light on his feet, incredibly fast and a supreme master of the blade (and supreme master of sneakiness and poison too, most like). And to top it off he could toss the Clockwork perversion of magic at you -- shock you with bolts of electricity, absorb your strength, leech from his allies when needed (say... does this give a clue to what powers the Armada? Do they operate on some sort of battery?) Yes, I think it fair to say we have no idea what we are in for. (Not that this will stop us, oh no )

As for the Lady Elite being the power behind the throne as it were? Well, that would be irony, as Kane is surely the power behind the throne -- and fast coming in front of the throne -- in Valencia, but as I express in another post, I don't think so. But I still expect she will be terrifyingly good at what she does, and very, very dangerous. And nasty. Yep, looking forward to being scared silly.
What can I say but a hearty 'yar' to this. I take back the word 'relatively' and substitute 'comparatively' .
As in our encounters with Deacon, Rook and Bishop in comparison to our encounters with Phule. Oh yeah, that battle with Kane will be super mega epic!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
One final speculation ( yeah, I know I've said this before, sorry ) is not a speculation on the nature of the Armada. But this one question: Will we ever have an Armada Companion? So many players have asked for one, either in an old post or making a new post on this subject that I feel I must put in my opinions on the subject.
Let me start by saying that I hope we NEVER get one. especially an Elite. I have many reasons for saying this; 1. They are creepy, lacking in the appeal of the companions available to us. 2. They are not just enemies, but The Enemy, the ones we must defeat to save the Spiral/win the game. 3. When we defeat one, it seems to make them non-functional, with no way of repairing/healing them. 4. By their actions, they are Evil.
Indeed, I believe it would be disturbing in game terms and story line for lower level pirates to see a high level pirate with an Elite trotting obediently at their heels ( especially Kane, Requisat In Pace, I say, he deserves that much respect ).
But I have observed that KI is sensitive to player's requests, they are committed to quality and making their customers happy - they listen to us!
So IF Ki should ever make an Armada Companion available, these are the circumstances I would like to see: no Elites, Armada Companions should not be given as a quest reward ( this will satisfy those who don't want one ) They should be an Unlocked Crown Shop item, say fight Kane or do The El Dorado dungeon at least 5 times ( depending on difficulty ). Make them slightly more expensive than the usual Companions, maybe 8 - 9,000 Crowns. And only have the most 'common' Armada types available, Fusilier , Marine , and Battleangel . Dragoons would be too Op as they seem to be dual class.
That is all, thank you for your patience and support, and thank you One Eyed Jack, for moderating these posts, I very much appreciate your work!

Ensign
Aug 20, 2010
anecorbie on Jun 16, 2014 wrote:
I welcome your contribution to the post, Robert. Yes, I'm aware of your views. Can you give an example why you believe this? And , no, I decline to duel over this, fighting you would not change my view point. Convincing me takes a rational argument.
You go I LOVE logic

Ensign
Aug 20, 2010
anecorbie on Jun 16, 2014 wrote:
Yes, exactly, there is something about Valencian steel that can't stand up to the stresses of use. Or perhaps there is a 'command word' or code that will give us control of Kane? If I remember how the message went it was - "I know how to stop Kane! Seek out Cagliostro. G."
So when we go to Valencia, we must find Cagliostro. Does he/she tell us more about the Armada? I'm sure they will tell us who the Toymaker is, and where he is. So the second part of our mission is to bust the Toymaker out of his prison and get him to safety ( the Resistance? ) while fighting hordes of clockworks and maybe an Elite or two! Maybe even get a glimpse of Kane himself!
It might be possible that 'Seek out Cagliostro' is a type of word jumble. Maybe 'G.' has hidden the pass in plain sight!
(Sorry if I'm a drag on the conversation. I got the membership yesterday. I'm lvl 23.)
Who's the 'toymaker'?
And do we actually get to fight Deacon?!?!?!?! OH YIPPEE!

Ensign
Aug 20, 2010
Sh4rpBlade15 on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
I was just reading through this, and I thought about The Lady Elite. What if she's actually a human in disguise? Maybe even your Mother? A spy of the Resistance. When you meet her, she'll attack to play it off as the Armada's Queen, then help you out. The problem with her being your mother though is that you wouldn't recognize her, considering we lost our first 5 years of memory (Stupid Ophidian Oracles). However, I could be totally wrong and that be the complete opposite.

Also, about the Dame being filtered by chat, it could easily be a case where it will be allowed when that is her confirmed name, considering as that is how it is with W101 and Morganthe before Celestia.
'Ophidian Oracles'?

Ensign
Aug 20, 2010
anecorbie on Jun 23, 2014 wrote:
Oh drat it One lovely hypothesis with a massive hole in it ( rather like a Krispy Kreme donut )
Just see if you can say 'Abigail' or 'Downton'! If you can, may I have the donut? If you can't, that practically changes the hypothesis into a theory!

Ensign
Aug 20, 2010
Oh, tick tock tick tock rachet rachet! That is RIDICULOUS!

Ensign
Aug 20, 2010
anecorbie on Jul 10, 2014 wrote:
I suspect that Kane is not only an 'uber class' as someone out there has put it, but that he has the not-yet-seen most dangerous power of all- the power to LEARN! IE, someone uses Ghostwail on him and he wings it right back atcha! that would be very scary if he could. But very awesome too!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Sandy Keira Ire on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
I suspect that Kane is not only an 'uber class' as someone out there has put it, but that he has the not-yet-seen most dangerous power of all- the power to LEARN! IE, someone uses Ghostwail on him and he wings it right back atcha! that would be very scary if he could. But very awesome too!
Thank you for your comments Sandy Kiera Ire, and Welcome to the Message Boards! I'm glad you're enjoying this post, and I would LOVE to tell you all about the Armada Elites you will meet ( and hopefully defeat with ease ) But I don't want to spoil the surprises in store.
Your idea of Kane learning from an attack and reflecting it back on the attacker is a wonderful idea, no one has ever mention that before!

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Sandy Keira Ire on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
'Ophidian Oracles'?
Come seek us where our voices sound,
we cannot sing above the ground,
a bunch of hours you will have to look,
to recover what we gave you in exchange for what we took.

Trust me,you'll see.Ophidia,means snake:The Ophidians,are Aquilan snakes,and the oracles.Well,that would be telling...(man,I love Blind Mew,.)