Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Speculations on the Armada

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ahoy, fellow pirates! I have been reading a lot of posts regarding the nature of the Armada. Whether they are as evil as portrayed, if there is a sentient being actually in control or even if Kane or other clockworks are humans in disguise.
I would like to throw my speculations into the ring. Starting with classes - we know of three of the elite's classes; Deacon was a Musketeer ( now defunct, hurray! ) Bishop is a Witchdoctor, though his 'magic' seems to be technology based, & Rooke is a Buccaneer. That leaves the Lady Elite, Phule and Kane.

I'm guessing that Phule may be a Privateer. I say this for two reasons: he seems to have an imagination, something lacking in the other Elites we've seen. And his 'dual' personality which would allow him to understand his enemy's mental processes. I believe both these aspects are critical for a privateer.

The Lady Elite, I see as a Swashbuckler. She would be deadly, agile and dodgy, have sneak attacks and poisons ( very much like the Countess DeWinter in Dumas' The Three Musketeers ).

Now for Kane - I believe he will be an Uber Class, combining all tricks and cheats from every class. Very suitable for one of whom we are told "Smarter, faster and stronger than any living being."

My Final speculation I state unequvilately: The Armada is Evil, Kane is in full control, The Elite have gained self awareness and intelligence, & there are no humans in disguise.

Feel free to disagree and state your own speculations, I'm eager to hear your views.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Need to make a few other things clear - I believe the Lady Elite to be a swashbuckler for one reason, all female clockworks we've fought ( battleangels ) are also swashbucklers.

Petty Officer
May 21, 2008
Hello, it is also possible that someone living sits inside Kane or controls him from a distance. Or Kane just has very advanced Artificial Intelligence that surpasses every living being. And what makes him agile and strong is mechanism he is made from. But I really disagree with many theories being given there by our fellow pirates. Pirates now suspect everyone to be Armada or part of the Armada: Avery, Boochbeard, ..., who else? However I like these theories and who knows (KI does) what surprises us awaits!

Sincerely,
Samuel The Swashbuckler

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Jojimbo101 on Jun 14, 2014 wrote:
Hello, it is also possible that someone living sits inside Kane or controls him from a distance. Or Kane just has very advanced Artificial Intelligence that surpasses every living being. And what makes him agile and strong is mechanism he is made from. But I really disagree with many theories being given there by our fellow pirates. Pirates now suspect everyone to be Armada or part of the Armada: Avery, Boochbeard, ..., who else? However I like these theories and who knows (KI does) what surprises us awaits!

Sincerely,
Samuel The Swashbuckler
I agree that many surprises await us, I can't wait!

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
anecorbie on Jun 12, 2014 wrote:
Ahoy, fellow pirates! I have been reading a lot of posts regarding the nature of the Armada. Whether they are as evil as portrayed, if there is a sentient being actually in control or even if Kane or other clockworks are humans in disguise.
I would like to throw my speculations into the ring. Starting with classes - we know of three of the elite's classes; Deacon was a Musketeer ( now defunct, hurray! ) Bishop is a Witchdoctor, though his 'magic' seems to be technology based, & Rooke is a Buccaneer. That leaves the Lady Elite, Phule and Kane.

I'm guessing that Phule may be a Privateer. I say this for two reasons: he seems to have an imagination, something lacking in the other Elites we've seen. And his 'dual' personality which would allow him to understand his enemy's mental processes. I believe both these aspects are critical for a privateer.

The Lady Elite, I see as a Swashbuckler. She would be deadly, agile and dodgy, have sneak attacks and poisons ( very much like the Countess DeWinter in Dumas' The Three Musketeers ).

Now for Kane - I believe he will be an Uber Class, combining all tricks and cheats from every class. Very suitable for one of whom we are told "Smarter, faster and stronger than any living being."

My Final speculation I state unequvilately: The Armada is Evil, Kane is in full control, The Elite have gained self awareness and intelligence, & there are no humans in disguise.

Feel free to disagree and state your own speculations, I'm eager to hear your views.
I agree, you took the words outta my mouth XD but i wonder, how could the armada elites be so smart? i mean they are just robots, robots are usually dumb.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Continued speculations ( or observations ) - don't you find that Bishop is well.. NERDY? In his attacks; he winds up his wand, then yells "Yes!" ( so not cool ).
The Toymaker - I'm indebted to CDeWinter for her observations as to the name of the Toymaker, I agree completely with her. I will state it here that 'G' is Galileo! There seems to be a combination between The Count of Monte Cristo and The Birdman Of Alcatraz going on here. ( In the puppet show, his hands are human and old. He is also in desperate need of a manicure. )
Going into Valencia - is it a trap? Could be. Kane might have faked those messages and kept the other elites in the dark about them. Luring a few reckless pirates to their doom would be entirely possible. But I think that plot is way too complicated. ( for one thing, he would have either made the birds himself or have to capture all the birds made by the Toymaker. )
What is Kane's weakness? Could it have something to do with the weakness in Valencian steel? I believe so.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
anecorbie on Jun 12, 2014 wrote:

Very nice speculations Ancorbie.

I agree very much that Phule is the clockwork built to have an imagination and to provide differeing view points to the other clockworks. In literary works, that is often the role of the court jester, to be different and to randomly voice oddly wise thoughts that run contrary to the ruling party.

I also (for rather obvious reasons) would love to see the female elite character be based on Clarice DeWinter. However, I understand that it would be a loosely based character since the female elite would be lacking Milady's greatest strength, the ability to appear innocent. I more hope that Milady will appear as another character possibly somewhere in Polaris.

And I don't think that anyone is controlling Kane, nope just as you said, Singularity has occured, the clockworks have become self aware and perhaps that is why these updates take so long. Kane is fighting the pirates from withing the game programming itself!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I've been viewing some absolutely luscious gowns from the 18th century! Anne Radcliffe is right about their beauty * sigh * So I'm hoping that The Lady Elite ( gosh, I hope we learn her name soon ) drops her gear when/if we defeat her; for guys of course a masculine version of her clothes. I'm wishing that the gear she drops will benefit swashbucklers.
And, of course Kane would drop his own gear.
So what kind of stats should this gear have?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
fearless robert sp... on Jun 14, 2014 wrote:
I agree, you took the words outta my mouth XD but i wonder, how could the armada elites be so smart? i mean they are just robots, robots are usually dumb.
It's true that computers and robots only do what they're programed to do. But we are also dealing with fiction, in many sci-fi books and movies computers and robots sometimes through their AI take that one step beyond their original programing ( sometimes with good, but more often with bad results ). These range from the main character in I, Robot to 2001, A Space Odessy. ( oops, there goes my spelling, darn )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Last night I was thinking about the name of the Lady Elite. Many have speculated that she may be called 'Queen'. They have valid reasons for doing so. The queen piece in chess is the only feminine piece; they also point out that in the puppet show we see her sitting next to Kane - just as if she were his equal or consort. I don't think she's the queen, however. That piece is too powerful and I don't see a 'Supreme Commander' sharing power.
However, there is another chess piece that everyone seems to have overlooked - the knight. Very useful in chess, the knight has a unique move, and is sometimes used to defend the king. Yes, I know, when we say the word knight, we think of a man. But instead of the title 'sir' the feminine equal is 'dame' ( or it is in England ). So another speculation from me is that the Lady Elite's name is Dame or something pertaining to the knight.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
anecorbie on Jun 14, 2014 wrote:
Continued speculations ( or observations ) - don't you find that Bishop is well.. NERDY? In his attacks; he winds up his wand, then yells "Yes!" ( so not cool ).
The Toymaker - I'm indebted to CDeWinter for her observations as to the name of the Toymaker, I agree completely with her. I will state it here that 'G' is Galileo! There seems to be a combination between The Count of Monte Cristo and The Birdman Of Alcatraz going on here. ( In the puppet show, his hands are human and old. He is also in desperate need of a manicure. )
Going into Valencia - is it a trap? Could be. Kane might have faked those messages and kept the other elites in the dark about them. Luring a few reckless pirates to their doom would be entirely possible. But I think that plot is way too complicated. ( for one thing, he would have either made the birds himself or have to capture all the birds made by the Toymaker. )
What is Kane's weakness? Could it have something to do with the weakness in Valencian steel? I believe so.
Thank you for the mention Anecorbie.

Now are you possibly suggesting that Kane's weakness is perhaps that Valencian steel is not tempered.
And as suggested by the quest line in Cool Ranch regarding the last of the trains, that perhaps Valencian steel has difficulty withstanding rapid temperature changes, causing the steel to become brittle, and eventually break? Possibly catastrophically so?

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
I believe the armada are our saviors! and I shall fight you all in the name of the armada!
(this means brawl hall)

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
zuto4011a on Jun 15, 2014 wrote:
I believe the armada are our saviors! and I shall fight you all in the name of the armada!
(this means brawl hall)
zuto, how could you! the armada killed mah parents! kane executed them himself!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Jun 15, 2014 wrote:
(this means brawl hall)
I welcome your contribution to the post, Robert. Yes, I'm aware of your views. Can you give an example why you believe this? And , no, I decline to duel over this, fighting you would not change my view point. Convincing me takes a rational argument.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Jun 15, 2014 wrote:
Thank you for the mention Anecorbie.

Now are you possibly suggesting that Kane's weakness is perhaps that Valencian steel is not tempered.
And as suggested by the quest line in Cool Ranch regarding the last of the trains, that perhaps Valencian steel has difficulty withstanding rapid temperature changes, causing the steel to become brittle, and eventually break? Possibly catastrophically so?
Yes, exactly, there is something about Valencian steel that can't stand up to the stresses of use. Or perhaps there is a 'command word' or code that will give us control of Kane? If I remember how the message went it was - "I know how to stop Kane! Seek out Cagliostro. G."
So when we go to Valencia, we must find Cagliostro. Does he/she tell us more about the Armada? I'm sure they will tell us who the Toymaker is, and where he is. So the second part of our mission is to bust the Toymaker out of his prison and get him to safety ( the Resistance? ) while fighting hordes of clockworks and maybe an Elite or two! Maybe even get a glimpse of Kane himself!

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 15, 2014 wrote:
I've been viewing some absolutely luscious gowns from the 18th century! Anne Radcliffe is right about their beauty * sigh * So I'm hoping that The Lady Elite ( gosh, I hope we learn her name soon ) drops her gear when/if we defeat her; for guys of course a masculine version of her clothes. I'm wishing that the gear she drops will benefit swashbucklers.
And, of course Kane would drop his own gear.
So what kind of stats should this gear have?
Actually,I refer to her as the Iron Maiden,or the Mechanical Mistress.Or Kane's fair lady.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ok, this may be off topic, but I began thinking of El Dorado, and everything we've been told about it. "A lost city of solid gold"! Has anyone imagined how massive this city would be? How heavy and what allows it to remain 'afloat' in it's skyway? What if, it's not a city? What if the entire island is a war ship? With the ability to use it's stormgate to go anywhere in the spiral? Wouldn't that make it extremely dangerous and explain why the Armada wants to get it in their possession? Just a stray thought of mine.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I wonder if Kane or any of the Armada have a secret off button like Data did?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Some definitions of Dame include:
1. (a) the official title of a female member of the Order of the British Empire, equivalent to that of Knight.
(b) the official title of the wife of a knight or baronet
2. a form of address to any women of rank or authority
Ecclesiastical - a title of a nun in certain orders
Archaic - the mistress of a household or a woman of rank and authority; especially a female ruler.
It seems that I'm on to something, ( of course I don't discount the possibility of being completely wrong ! )
About the knight in chess, I found out that a knight can 'jump' over pieces, it is considered especially useful in 'close' situations ( doesn't that sound like a swashbuckler? ) and that it has the same value as a bishop!

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
I like the armada. they may have killed my parents but you got to respect them, metal ships (all other ships are wooden) giant army and navy, best engineering in the spiral, there able to build things that could blow up islands (they basically have a death star) there troops can go on fighting forever unless they are defeated, its basically useless to fight them over and over for when you destroy one a bunch more come out of the assembly line, they can take over a skyway with ease (when we first get to marlybone for example) they have all the advantages basically. considering how many we've all smashed and put them together its a big number but still puny to there entire army size. really if we defeat Kane, bishop and phule, (possibly the queen) there will be still a ginormous amount left which will take years to clean them out. plus they look pretty cool.

-jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer

Ensign
Oct 28, 2013
Jojimbo101 on Jun 14, 2014 wrote:

Sincerely,
Samuel The Swashbuckler
Maybe you would find out that Boochbeard and Mr. Gandry were evil all along and are the REAL leaders of the Armada. Just a thought!

Leo, Lvl 65
Trustworthy Cody, Lvl 11
Flint Jones, Lvl 7

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheDragonspyrePira... on Jun 18, 2014 wrote:
I like the armada. they may have killed my parents but you got to respect them, metal ships (all other ships are wooden) giant army and navy, best engineering in the spiral, there able to build things that could blow up islands (they basically have a death star) there troops can go on fighting forever unless they are defeated, its basically useless to fight them over and over for when you destroy one a bunch more come out of the assembly line, they can take over a skyway with ease (when we first get to marlybone for example) they have all the advantages basically. considering how many we've all smashed and put them together its a big number but still puny to there entire army size. really if we defeat Kane, bishop and phule, (possibly the queen) there will be still a ginormous amount left which will take years to clean them out. plus they look pretty cool.

-jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer
I like them, too. They are the best enemies to fight and the Elites are especially challenging! Plus they have this 'cloak of mystery' over them, so its like a compelling puzzle I just have to solve.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 17, 2014 wrote:
I wonder if Kane or any of the Armada have a secret off button like Data did?
I'm sure it won't be as simple as that ( of course getting close enough to find out won't be simple, either ) No what I'm imagining is something like a Master Control, with a voice command or a code you imput, to give you control of the entire Armada, including the Elites.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 16, 2014 wrote:
Yes, exactly, there is something about Valencian steel that can't stand up to the stresses of use. Or perhaps there is a 'command word' or code that will give us control of Kane? If I remember how the message went it was - "I know how to stop Kane! Seek out Cagliostro. G."
So when we go to Valencia, we must find Cagliostro. Does he/she tell us more about the Armada? I'm sure they will tell us who the Toymaker is, and where he is. So the second part of our mission is to bust the Toymaker out of his prison and get him to safety ( the Resistance? ) while fighting hordes of clockworks and maybe an Elite or two! Maybe even get a glimpse of Kane himself!
Keep in mind,the note said:
I know how to defeat Kane,find me in Valencia,seek out Cagliostro
G.

For all we know Cagliostro could be a location.Or it may be Kingsisle's version of the real Cagliostro.

But when we do meet G,he might give us the most awesome puppet show.And I know that puppet show is already done,so I have a feeling we will enjoy it a lot...

And keep in mind,we haven't seen the last of Phule,we scared Bishop so much,he's getting upgrades,we'll be seeing Kane's fair lady at some point in the story.Not like we saw Phule,we'll be seeing her in her element,and maybe even in action!Wonder who of those three will cross paths with us.

Only Blind Mew knows,and Blind Mew does not say!

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
anecorbie on Jun 17, 2014 wrote:
Ok, this may be off topic, but I began thinking of El Dorado, and everything we've been told about it. "A lost city of solid gold"! Has anyone imagined how massive this city would be? How heavy and what allows it to remain 'afloat' in it's skyway? What if, it's not a city? What if the entire island is a war ship? With the ability to use it's stormgate to go anywhere in the spiral? Wouldn't that make it extremely dangerous and explain why the Armada wants to get it in their possession? Just a stray thought of mine.
wow, i never though of that! maybe it is a war ship! and if its controlled by someone else, who hates outsiders, them we may be in way over our heads since we are trying to get there