Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Questions for Decius

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
You may or may not be able to answer this, but are at least some of the pets shown in the morphing tent and around Bestia currently in the game as hybrids? Or are they unreleased as of right now.

Secondly, I am curious if you can hatch hybrids with look alikes as well. For example, Ebon Spectre and Not So Great White Shark make Grimtooth Reaper. But if you were to hatch the Not So Great White Shark with the Seaweed Spirit for example, would it still have a chance of yielding the same hybrid?

Thank you for your time

Community Leader
I think that question was asked already. But I think their answer was "That would be telling" or something like that lol.

So far, it seems like game card pets do not produce hybrids though.

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Even if they look the same, they are not the same.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Decius, I got one question about our pets & their levels, one that no one had even mentioned before.

If, and maybe when, the level cap gets someday raised to 100 and beyond, through the course of time, that is, I've this to say, would our pets not stop at obtaining new Talents & Powers beyond the estimated possibility of 10 when they reach over the level of 100?

Just think of this possibility. Why should our pets limit themselves to just only 10 possible Talents & Powers if the level cap may be raised beyond 100? Wouldn't it be possible for them to continue receiving more Talents & Powers while they continue to age through training and level up beyond 100? Maybe our Pets' Talents & Powers don't have to be limited to just 10, but I'm just saying that they may continue to have new Talents & Powers beyond Level 100. Imagine this happening someday soon. The same may go for others out there.

Should the level cap be someday raised to 100 and beyond, I would think that our pets would not stop receiving more Talents & Powers beyond that possible estimate. After all, the more they get, the more they'll be effective in pet sparring matches & help out Pirates in normal combat.

Thanks for answering, Decius, & I'll stop by to do a sparring match with you again soon!

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
If the level cap goes up and the pets level cap goes up we have accounted for that and they will continue to grow and gain more powers and talents. Do not worry about that one.

Come on down for a match anytime.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Decius Duelmaster on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
If the level cap goes up and the pets level cap goes up we have accounted for that and they will continue to grow and gain more powers and talents. Do not worry about that one.

Come on down for a match anytime.
Oh, good. I had my concerns about that, but you've brought me relief. I'm guessing that this would mean revising some pet-related Tutorial Tips someday soon...

Also, I was quite worried that our pets' stats, such as their damage power and health for examples, wouldn't stop increasing, not to mention the estimated maximum health for pets becoming self-increasing for if the pirates' and pets' level caps get raised time and time again. I'm hoping that the more maximum health and damage our pets get to increase, the longer they'll last and get stronger in battles, along with other possible stats that may get their maximum increase to increase their effectiveness. Would that happen sometime soon, Decius? I would like for that to happen at least.

In any case, thanks once again for answering!

Ensign
Jun 10, 2014
Decius Duelmaster on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
Even if they look the same, they are not the same.
i just got membership and i'm wondering what pets you can get from Nick Deadeye in flotsom

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ruthlesshunterstev... on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
i just got membership and i'm wondering what pets you can get from Nick Deadeye in flotsom
Nothing listed in the Wiki yet so it's up to any Marauders to say if they remember getting any.

Ensign
Jun 10, 2014
ruthlesshunterstev... on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
sorry i made a mistake i meant to say what pets can you get from farming Nick Deadeye in scrimshaw