Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Thank You KI!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 03, 2010
I know this came a while after Marleybone's emergence, but I'm new to the forums, so forgive me for the delay, but I have to say something.

Marleybone is nearly flawless.

I'm a huge gamer- board, RPG, modern gaming, and my favorite types of games are games with character and story or a high RPG value- Bioshock Infinite, the 101 games, Elder Scrolls, Portal 2, World of Warcraft, things like that. I've always liked Wizard101 and Pirate101, but I normally have to take a break sometimes. There are worlds that annoy me, and repeating them on other playthoughs, such as Book 7, can be difficult.

But Marleybone- ah, Marleybone. I didn't like the world in Wizard101- it felt like we switched from making advances to Malistaire to spinning in a circle in a game of cat and mouse. But in pirate101, I found a game section that lands in my top 3 level areas ever, with Fort Frolic (Bioshock) and The Part Where He Kills You (Portal 2). The art? Flawless. Story? Deeper than ever before, beautifully written and set up, filled with unexpected twists and quests. (A villain who had my actual name was pretty nice). The companions and eniemies were fun, and I found I hadn't had that much fun in a game since Bioshock Infinite had come out- so I'd like to thank you for all your hard work, and to keep up the amazing story: you're one of my inspirations for becoming a writer.

Thank you, and

PRAISE CTHULU
Crazy Cody

Developer
Wow, you made my day!

I humbly accept your thanks. I've said it before, Marleybone is my favorite of the worlds we've released so far. You're absolutely right - the art and story lined up. I think that it's just about perfect in length, it achieves a pace and tension that other areas can't match, it's action packed but has some great humor (and my favorite joke in the entire game, btw).

I'm also a huge anglophile, and watched Master and Commander about 6 times in the course of a week while hammering out the story beats. The stars were definitely right.

Thanks again.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Blind Mew on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
Wow, you made my day!

I humbly accept your thanks. I've said it before, Marleybone is my favorite of the worlds we've released so far. You're absolutely right - the art and story lined up. I think that it's just about perfect in length, it achieves a pace and tension that other areas can't match, it's action packed but has some great humor (and my favorite joke in the entire game, btw).

I'm also a huge anglophile, and watched Master and Commander about 6 times in the course of a week while hammering out the story beats. The stars were definitely right.

Thanks again.
Master and Commander is one of my favorite movies!

Ensign
May 03, 2010
Wow, you made my day!

Thanks again.
Well, I wasn't expecting any response- from Blind Mew, no less.

What's your personal favorite joke in the game? Mine is either Mormo's sudden mood swing in his first promotion quest or Hawkules' songs and El Toro's reaction. Those are the two moments that literally had me laughing out loud.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DaMiniTroll on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:

What's your personal favorite joke in the game? Mine is either Mormo's sudden mood swing in his first promotion quest or Hawkules' songs and El Toro's reaction. Those are the two moments that literally had me laughing out loud.
Catbeard's Trial, it reminded me of A Gilbert and Sullivan Operetta, I even expected them to burst into song!

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
Wow, you made my day!

Thanks again.
Ratbeard: "Now wait just a minute. When we flip this switch, will we have time to get out of here before the place explodes?"

Gracie Conrad: "Probably."

El Toro: "Probably!?"

Just the way El Toro said 'probably' made me laugh me hook off! Thats another thing I like about the game, just how your own companions just interact with each other, in a funny way, in a little funny argument (I'm looking at you Bonnie and Ratbeard) and just how you can fall in live with your companions when you continue through the storyline. You made a good game here KingsIsle! Plus not to mention all the funny jokes you hear in the Main Battery Hold in Beachead!

Ensign
Jul 04, 2013
DaMiniTroll on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:

oh man, mine is the dos amigos y uno, and the invisible swords mans blade that you'll get sooner or later.

Petty Officer
Oct 11, 2012
lol marleybone is by farrrrrrr my favorite world, it is awesome. I love the war storyline. But I did want it to be longer, as awesome as it was I wish I could have don't it longer lol.

Ensign
May 03, 2010
Personally, I think Marleybone ended just where it needed to- just when you had started to absorb everything, and wanted a little bit more. If you give them everything they want, why would they ever come back?

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013