Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

bioshock101?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 15, 2012
i've noticed some references to bioshock in the game,specifically with gracie. first off,gracie seems to have the same dress as elizabeth from bioshock infinite,of course,there's a few diffriences,but look at a picture of elizabeth and a picture of gracie,and tell me they dont look similar. just exclude gracie's hat,white fur and the fact she's a dog. also,she's an engineer,according to the game's lore,if i can remember,some engineers sided with atlas in the civil war. infact the main character of bioshock uses a wrench as one of his weapons. speaking of characters,is it just me or does gracie's war robots look a little bit like big daddys,again,just look at them,they look so similar. i swear,whoever made gracie must have been a big bioshock fan,heck her wizard101 counterpart,grace,is in celestia,which similar to rapture is an underwater city.
silver joseph vane.
tim burton

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
thatonevalenciansw... on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
i've noticed some references to bioshock in the game,specifically with gracie. first off,gracie seems to have the same dress as elizabeth from bioshock infinite,of course,there's a few diffriences,but look at a picture of elizabeth and a picture of gracie,and tell me they dont look similar. just exclude gracie's hat,white fur and the fact she's a dog. also,she's an engineer,according to the game's lore,if i can remember,some engineers sided with atlas in the civil war. infact the main character of bioshock uses a wrench as one of his weapons. speaking of characters,is it just me or does gracie's war robots look a little bit like big daddys,again,just look at them,they look so similar. i swear,whoever made gracie must have been a big bioshock fan,heck her wizard101 counterpart,grace,is in celestia,which similar to rapture is an underwater city.
silver joseph vane.
tim burton
I think you're looking too hard, but that's just my opinion.

Ensign
Jul 06, 2013
I don't think this observation is reaching at all. I've not played Bioshock, but as the Marleybone visuals are heavily influenced by steampunk, it wouldn't surprise me. There are any number of call-backs to various pop-culture brands - my own personal favorites so far being the 'Firefly' characters (Captain Reynolds, Mr. and Mrs. Washburne, etc.. in Moo-Shoo); the 'Fish Fingers and Custard' pet treat and one-liner in Ratbeard's promotion mission (in itself a whole riff on Dickens); and the 'A Friend of Ours' badge. No one under the age of 16 is ever going to get that reference (at least I hope not!), but it's things like this that keep me coming back to the game.

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
Dude, I think you have officially jumped the shark by riding a giant motorcycle through a flaming hoop over the shark and it's 1,000 friends.

Ensign
Oct 11, 2009
Pirate101 came out half a year before Bioshock Infinite. It wouldn't make any sense for anyone to reference a character from a game that hadn't even been released yet.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
William DarkFlame on Aug 15, 2014 wrote:
Pirate101 came out half a year before Bioshock Infinite. It wouldn't make any sense for anyone to reference a character from a game that hadn't even been released yet.
yes,but i think marleybone came out around may 2013,so,it's still possible.

Ensign
Oct 11, 2009
thatonevalenciansw... on Aug 15, 2014 wrote:
yes,but i think marleybone came out around may 2013,so,it's still possible.
Yes, but Grace Conrad was in Celestia in Wizard101, which came out in 2010, long before Elizabeth was even thought of.