Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The No-Trade Issue.

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Sep 15, 2014 wrote:
I really don't think KI can 'totally win' on this one.

The same players that are complaining about not getting the right gear on the right pirate(s), and not being able to trade it, were the same ones complaining a couple weeks ago about nothing to do in the Spiral. If KI greatly increases the drop rates or reverts to class specific drops (which I wouldn't mind at all as well), then those same players will probably also be complaining, when in 1 or 2 more weeks, they have everything they want from the Tower for every class pirate they posses....and thus are once again left with nothing to do in the Spiral.

Most would love for everything that is dropped or acquired from a long dungeon to be useful by that current pirate, but there also has to be a balance between getting what you want and having something to do. There's only so much great gear in the tower and if it is all trade-able or class-specific dropped gear or the rates are greatly raised, then players would once again, quickly run out of things to do and thus the "KI doesn't care protests...Where's the new worlds Cries.....and I'm tired of waiting grumbles" will commence again, just taking the place of the current complaints.

It's only been a couple of weeks and everyone already wants to have every possible piece of gear for their specific pirate and then once again be left twiddling their thumbs. I guess I just come from a much more patient generation or background and realize that when we have everything we desire, then we are left with nothing to do and only wanting more-- that is until it comes along and we gobble it up too, usually way to fast and the cycle just repeats itself.

I have yet to even find enough time to fully commit to the tower, with real-life being my first priority. But when I get the time to thoroughly enjoy it, I will try to remain patient and enjoy it for what it is meant to be.....a fun way to spend time with friends, have something awesome to do and possibly get some amazing gear along the way.
Well said Valkoor. It is good to step back from selfishness and just stop and look at the big picture once in a while. You have some mighty wisdom in that goofy head of yours and it is our privilege that you have shared it here. Thank you.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Sep 16, 2014 wrote:
I 'hear' you Darth JT, and I truly understand players frustrations over not getting what they want or desire. Everybody wants that 'gotta have it gear' and everybody gets frustrated or disappointed when they get it on the 'wrong pirate'.

My only, or biggest, point is this.........the tower has only been open to us a few short weeks. Now, we all want that amazing gear, but do we have to have it this very instant and after so little time.....possibly, maybe, I guess so, but not necessarily. If players are willing to go bananas over not getting what they want in just a few weeks, then maybe we all just need to have a bit more patience and find joy in the other things around us or other things that the tower has to offer.

I fully understand the 'want' and the frustration that comes from being 'denied what we want'. I want to farm the tower so badly, but I have 2 babies at home, an older son, work, coaching, school meetings, activities and real life priorities that demand my attention and utmost devotion. But I do want that gear and would love to get it on my 'right pirate'. If I don't, oh well, I am sure I will have fun in the process, maybe meet some great new pirates, get great gear, enjoy life in the Spiral and have my family to be blessed by.

For all we know the new updates and worlds could be months away. So, sure there's level 55, 60 and 65 pieces and sets of gear that we want and could use, but let's face it, most are after a select few pieces of gear for each class of pirate-- especially, I would imagine, the diehard PvP'ers. Anything else gained a long the way is an added bonus.

As I tried to demonstrate, the Tower has not been live for very long at all......and there's already whispers of mutiny? Wow- patience young pirates, for it has been known to be a thing of virtue. Didn't most of us spend weeks, months, even years getting the great gear we had before the most recent updates. I think we can hang in there just a wee bit and enjoy the Tower in the meantime. The amazing gear will come, and perhaps they will adjust the drops rates in our favor, or make some of the gear trade-able or even class specific. If they do, that's awesome and best of luck to everyone getting it for their pirate(s). But in the meantime, just try to enjoy hanging out with friends and embracing that 'epically surprising feeling' when you do get something you can actually use.
Yea, Yarr, What he said. It could't be said better. Read this folks. He is making a lot of sense.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I have a sort of mixed view on this. Yea it would be nice that I can take the gear that I can't equip and give it to a pirate that can use it but if I gather all the loot by using my privateer, as she is most requested for her ability to keep everyone alive on the team, and just dole it out to my other pirates then I am not likely to even do the tower with the others. Then I will miss out on the different game dynamics of fighting with a totally new thought process and strategies because I am now fighting with a musketeer or a buccaneer.

Instead of having the stuff handed to idle pirates, can we just have the drops only be what the pirate that did the actual work can use? That way, if I want cool stuff for my buccaneer, then she will have to do some tower work and I will have to change mental gears and learn the tower nuances buccaneer style, etc. etc. etc.

Sure that is more time in the tower, but that is it's purpose, to give us something fun to do that will occupy our leisure time. I love a challenge and have been having a blast in that wonderful tower. It's the newest dessert and I want to be able to try all the flavors, not just have the calories handed down to my alter egos.

Can the drops just fit the pirate? Then no one has anything that is worthless, unless you count duplicate drops and then even that isn't worthless, it sells for great gold.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 17, 2014 wrote:
I have a sort of mixed view on this. Yea it would be nice that I can take the gear that I can't equip and give it to a pirate that can use it but if I gather all the loot by using my privateer, as she is most requested for her ability to keep everyone alive on the team, and just dole it out to my other pirates then I am not likely to even do the tower with the others. Then I will miss out on the different game dynamics of fighting with a totally new thought process and strategies because I am now fighting with a musketeer or a buccaneer.

Instead of having the stuff handed to idle pirates, can we just have the drops only be what the pirate that did the actual work can use? That way, if I want cool stuff for my buccaneer, then she will have to do some tower work and I will have to change mental gears and learn the tower nuances buccaneer style, etc. etc. etc.

Sure that is more time in the tower, but that is it's purpose, to give us something fun to do that will occupy our leisure time. I love a challenge and have been having a blast in that wonderful tower. It's the newest dessert and I want to be able to try all the flavors, not just have the calories handed down to my alter egos.

Can the drops just fit the pirate? Then no one has anything that is worthless, unless you count duplicate drops and then even that isn't worthless, it sells for great gold.
I completely agree Chrissy. I would much rather see the gear from the Tower become class specific to the pirate you are using, than have it be tradable. Like you noted, what good is a super awesome, mega, epic, ultra, uber, fantastic new Tower with nefarious, hilarious, gregarious, heinous, diabolical, dastardly- foes if you just beat up on them with the same class pirate, over and over and over again, and then just pass everything off to a pirate that didn't get to experience it.

As you know Chrissy, I so much enjoy (as do many others), learning as much as possible about newly encountered enemies, new powers/epics/talents, the combat system, different class strategies and battle scenarios. The only way to truly experience all of this is to do so with each class of pirate. Sure we can still take our other classes in after we get the tradable gear handed down to us, but we won't experience it pre-epic new tower gear. Well, we could but most would probably equip the newly acquired toys that there Tower farming pirate passed onto them before hitting the tower with a new pirate. And as you stated, since it is a long dungeon, once we have all the goodies we need, for every class and farmed by our preferred class of pirate, most players probably won't take the time to go through the tower with their other classes.

I think, class specific drops based on the pirate you are using in the tower is so much more the way to go. You get what you can actually use and what you desire and yet you still have to make the attempt with the other pirates as well. So we get the gear and we are guaranteed something to keep us busy for a longer period of time. Plus we actually have to work for the amazing gear and perhaps learn quite a bit in the process. I don't mind either-- the working and the learning.

I quite like to learn.....strangely, it makes me feel smarter!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Chrissy, if you want to use another pirate, I have a lovely, nicely equipped Privateer just sitting there. She has only been in the Tower once. Just say when & where and I'll introduce you to Marion Kidd!
I also completely agree about taking your other pirates through, strategy changes with class and equipment, this will stop the Tower from being a "grind" & a "bore". I have six maxed pirates and I intend to take them ALL through at least ten times ( to earn the Pagoda Paragon badge ) That's sixty Tower runs! Lightening is bound to strike and I will get those super awesome rarities ( not just weapons or clothes ) , but items like the Corrupted Kirin, Dragoon & Foo Lion pets, also that very beautiful soji screen!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Sep 17, 2014 wrote:
Chrissy, if you want to use another pirate, I have a lovely, nicely equipped Privateer just sitting there. She has only been in the Tower once. Just say when & where and I'll introduce you to Marion Kidd!
I also completely agree about taking your other pirates through, strategy changes with class and equipment, this will stop the Tower from being a "grind" & a "bore". I have six maxed pirates and I intend to take them ALL through at least ten times ( to earn the Pagoda Paragon badge ) That's sixty Tower runs! Lightening is bound to strike and I will get those super awesome rarities ( not just weapons or clothes ) , but items like the Corrupted Kirin, Dragoon & Foo Lion pets, also that very beautiful soji screen!
Sounds like fun

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
Ratbeard on Sep 16, 2014 wrote:
You get two rare items, specifically for your class, from the two 4-lock chests on landing 4 and 8.
I know but I already have that equipment and every time I do the dungeon I get the same thing over and over again.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Sounds like fun
September 20 ( Saturday ) 7 pm central, Morgan LeFitte server Commodore's office. Does this work for you?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Sep 18, 2014 wrote:
September 20 ( Saturday ) 7 pm central, Morgan LeFitte server Commodore's office. Does this work for you?
Sounds great.