Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Talents on equpiment not working

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 22, 2014
Hello

I have both English Bill's Jacket, which gives True Grit, and Rana's Hat, which gives Overwatch. Both are equipped, and my pirate is a lvl 30 musketeer with a sword/pistol combo weapon.

These talents have never activated in a great many fights. Am i doing something wrong?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Soar74 on Nov 9, 2014 wrote:
Hello

I have both English Bill's Jacket, which gives True Grit, and Rana's Hat, which gives Overwatch. Both are equipped, and my pirate is a lvl 30 musketeer with a sword/pistol combo weapon.

These talents have never activated in a great many fights. Am i doing something wrong?
It's because you're using a combo weapon, if you want these talents used correctly use just a shooty weapon.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Hi Soar! Welcome to the message boards! It could be that since you have a mixed weapon, they will only activate if you are RIGHT BESIDE the enemy. True Grit for example will only activate if you are right beside the enemy attacking you.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
hello soar and welcome to the message boards

I can help you with both of these since I run them both and have experienced these before

for overwatch hat, the range is 2 spaces, however, since your melee with the sword/gun, your attack range is 1 space, so it DOES trigger, but since you don't have the "range requirement," it doesn't do anything

for true grit, same thing applies to overwatch hat, but this time, you make a bonus ranged attack against an enemy who struck first, in this case, you need to be RIGHT NEXT TO THEM, for this to go off, hence the melee attack range is 1 space

hope this helped

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Soar74 on Nov 9, 2014 wrote:
Hello

Hi Soar74, welcome to the message boards!

Just in case you don't know how these talents activate, I will tell you:
True Grit is only activated when a character with a shooty weapon is successfully hit by a shooty weapon.
Overwatch is only activated when a character walks into the range of a character with a shotoy weapon.

If these things do happen and the talents aren't activated, well it could be a glitch or it may be because you are using a hybrid weapon, these are accurate talents that don't happen by chance so it could be either?

Ensign
May 21, 2012
Your weapon has a range of 1, which is probably why you aren't seeing any effects. For True Grit, the enemy shooter would need to be standing right next to you. Not really sure how Overwatch would work (or not work) with a 1 range weapon, but try using a ranged Shooty weapon and you should see some results.