Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Captain's Cabins make no sense on a RAFT

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
So, I assumed that the Captain's Cabins would be available starting with our Parents' Skiff, but no - rafts have the ability to access a Captain's Cabin.

This makes no sense to me, as the first thing Dockmaster Dan says is that we've traded up from the initial hunk of junk we got from Avery.

Developer
Time to use your ~~~IMAGINATION~~~~

Trippy!

This was, of course, the subject of much discussion here. We could easily remove the sigil from the raft. Most players don't even use the raft, once they get their next ship.

But, I think it's probably better if you just don't use the raft cabin, if it bothers you. And we should agree to let other players enjoy their cabin-- even on a raft. If that's what they're into.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Willowydream on Nov 20, 2014 wrote:
So, I assumed that the Captain's Cabins would be available starting with our Parents' Skiff, but no - rafts have the ability to access a Captain's Cabin.

This makes no sense to me, as the first thing Dockmaster Dan says is that we've traded up from the initial hunk of junk we got from Avery.
Honestly, I would have expected the inside of a raft would be more, well... cramped, considering that the inside of a Pirate's raft is very small, but who's complaining?

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Ratbeard on Nov 20, 2014 wrote:

Trippy!

This was, of course, the subject of much discussion here. We could easily remove the sigil from the raft. Most players don't even use the raft, once they get their next ship.

But, I think it's probably better if you just don't use the raft cabin, if it bothers you. And we should agree to let other players enjoy their cabin-- even on a raft. If that's what they're into.
CdeWinter AKA Red Scarlet Kidd once took us rafting through Mooshu and Aquila.That was a very fun experience,and now that the raft actually has Captain's Quarters,it's awesome!

Oh and it does make sense.Those rafts are surprisingly roomy...

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Ratbeard on Nov 20, 2014 wrote:

Trippy!

So, will new characters be able to access the raft Cabin immediately, or will they get the Cabin Fever quest right away? I'm just a little confused as to what level the Cabin will become available, sorry.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
So, will new characters be able to access the raft Cabin immediately, or will they get the Cabin Fever quest right away? I'm just a little confused as to what level the Cabin will become available, sorry.
I think they have to get their raft & complete the quest, "That Dirty Rat!", in order to do that first.

Lieutenant
May 06, 2011
Like Ratbeard said, I'm pretty sure that no one would use the captains quarters on a raft after they get their next ship. Some people like to go on their rafts anyway, but my idea for captains quarters on a raft is that there's a sigil near the trapdoor of the raft and it goes to the captains quarters.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Cabin Fever quest will probably become available after the new pirate finishes the first quest for Avery & after they see the sorry excuse for a vessel they so generously receive from Avery. ( at least, that's what I think ).
I like that the new pirate will be able to have captain's quarters on their raft. The basic cabin will be fun to decorate, I like the challenge of small spaces.

Ensign
Apr 21, 2012
Well, for the raft it's like a famous saying " It's bigger on the inside!"

Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
They have to consider lower levels and free to plays

Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
WiseOne70 on Nov 21, 2014 wrote:
Well, for the raft it's like a famous saying " It's bigger on the inside!"
Finally somone gets it
I am a extreme doctor who fan

Ensign
Jun 13, 2009
I actually love having a cabin on my raft. Even at lvl 65 sailing I still use my raft on occasion. Lets say I have to (shudder) go after harpies or some such. On a small raft I don't have to spend 3 turns getting all my harpies in a pile. They're all immediatly within swatting distance on the raft.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Wouldn't be absolutely, crazy funny to equip the Captain's Retreat on a raft? Then it would be "larger on the inside".