Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

My Pirating has been hijacked!!!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 04, 2011
With the introduction of the new script currency, ship combat has been revitalized. On any given day you can find old friends and new ones forming wolf packs and plying their trade on the high seas of the spiral...Script drops were low (but frequent) plunder was decent and life was good as a pirate. Ship to ship combat was a great alternative to dealing with the headache of rounding up a group and delving into the crown bought smugglers arena.In my opinion the smugglers arena proved to be a high risk/little reward gamble. Even though I purchased the arena I was happy to practice my pirating in the sky ways for the elusive script currency.

Then a funny thing happened.....

As I was sinking ships as usual, I noticed that, all of a sudden, scripts were very hard to come by. As a matter of fact gold became hard to come by as well ( the average drop now is 56 gold with an occasional hit in the hundreds or thousands) and scripts hardly dropped at all. So now pirates who want scripts in any decent amount are forced to buy the pricey crown dungeon to get them. Ok fine... I was just saving my scripts until something worth buying for a reasonable price came down the pipeline anyway. It's not like I really need them for anything.

Its a shame though because a good thing was ruined before it even had a chance to show promise. Soon people will go back to raising pets and doing long neglected quests and the Sky ways will become lonely and silent again.

25000 scripts for a deluxe Captains cabin? Lol..Really? It will take a month of Sundays to raise that sum any route you take!

I've been playing Pirate101 since its release without this deluxe captains cabin so I guess it wont kill me to not to have one. O well thanks KI. Great job!!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
"25000 scripts for a deluxe Captains cabin? Lol..Really? It will take a month of Sundays to raise that sum any route you take!"

That's my goal, and I am at 1380 in a bit over a week (and only one Sunday so far!). Mostly I am working solo, but sometimes as part of a pair. Mostly I stalk Capt. Pluton; occasionally I run the gauntlet - although when you are solo, ship hunting is probably more efficient, time-wise.

I am already stockpiling neat furnishings for my captain's cabin.

-Indigo

Developer
Very funny indeed-- nothing has been changed in the scrip or gold drops since the update went Live.

If you're in a big pack hunting, make sure that you're actually getting at least one shot off on the enemy, otherwise you won't get any of that loot drop.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Perhaps like the fishing industry, certain Bosses can be over-fished?
PSA ( Public Service Announcement )
scene: birds-eye view of Aquila Skyway, soul-full music under
V.O.: Aquila, land of heroes and myths, of gorgeous temples and cloud-capped towers; yet even in these tranquil skies a tragedy of epic proportions is looming.
Screen shots of pirate wolf packs attacking Captain Spartacos and Pluton.
V.O. ( continues ): Pirates!!! Yes, pirates have invaded these skies, bringing with them defeat and destruction to even the mightiest. Why have they come? What do they what?
Vulture pirate in silhouette,: It was terrible! Me and the boys were just on a harmless cruise, you know fishing.
( voice from off-camera: "yeah you tell 'em, Vinnie, that's us just fishermen". )
Vinnie: Anyways, dis vessel approached us and just began whalin' away at my poor ship! What did dey want? Scrips! Dey was chantin' "scrips, scrips,scrips!" I'll never forget it ( begins to weep and shake ) And den, den dey went for Captain Pluton! The best of us, and took him down! ( fade out )
V.O.: What can be done? For a few gold per month you can adopt a ship in Aquila. Your gold will be used to equip these fishermen with the necessary fire-power to fight off these ravenous pirates....
( Click! you change the channel )
Anouncer: Welcome to the Spiral wide PVP Federation......

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Dec 19, 2014 wrote:
Perhaps like the fishing industry, certain Bosses can be over-fished?
PSA ( Public Service Announcement )
scene: birds-eye view of Aquila Skyway, soul-full music under
V.O.: Aquila, land of heroes and myths, of gorgeous temples and cloud-capped towers; yet even in these tranquil skies a tragedy of epic proportions is looming.
Screen shots of pirate wolf packs attacking Captain Spartacos and Pluton.
V.O. ( continues ): Pirates!!! Yes, pirates have invaded these skies, bringing with them defeat and destruction to even the mightiest. Why have they come? What do they what?
Vulture pirate in silhouette,: It was terrible! Me and the boys were just on a harmless cruise, you know fishing.
( voice from off-camera: "yeah you tell 'em, Vinnie, that's us just fishermen". )
Vinnie: Anyways, dis vessel approached us and just began whalin' away at my poor ship! What did dey want? Scrips! Dey was chantin' "scrips, scrips,scrips!" I'll never forget it ( begins to weep and shake ) And den, den dey went for Captain Pluton! The best of us, and took him down! ( fade out )
V.O.: What can be done? For a few gold per month you can adopt a ship in Aquila. Your gold will be used to equip these fishermen with the necessary fire-power to fight off these ravenous pirates....
( Click! you change the channel )
Anouncer: Welcome to the Spiral wide PVP Federation......
LOL That was just plain brilliant. I just loved it. I could totally picture that and laughed the whole time. Oh WELL done.