Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What class was your first pirate?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Hello everybody I was thinking what class was your first pirate mine was a buccaneer but ended deleting him but that was the time I never had crowns :P

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I created three during the week "pre-launch (you could play that week if you bought the Boochbeard Bundle). I don't remember the order. I recreated them the following week when the game went live. They were:

Brynn Laveer, Witch doctor
Taryn Devereaux, Privateer
Chase Nichols, pirate

From the start, Brynn, who teamed up with a Privateer of Fiorenza's, ran ahead of the pack; they were the first to hit the level cap at 50, and when the new material came out and the level cap was raised to 65, they were the first of our pirates to hit that level.

Tarynn ran solo for a few levels, but early on teamed but fairly early on teamed up with Fiorenza's swashbuckler. Taryn was the third of mine to hit the max level cap.

Chase ran solo up until roughly Cool Ranch, then fell into the habit of running with Fiorenza's bucky. They ran a lot for a time, then hit a cool-down period of months when we did not run them. But then we revisited them and he was the 4th of my pirates to hit level 65,

The second pirate I had hit 65 was a solo swashbuckler, David Gordon. I probably created him within the first month that Pirate101 went live, but he was not one of my original three. But he was my solo guy when Fiorenza could not play, and he beat Taryn to max level.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
You could pre-play if you used any game card, I remember going down to my local Family Dollar and getting a Wizard Game card and logged in a week before game launch. I created a swashbuckler, Black Morgan, she's gone now; but Esperanza Devereaux is exactly like her in every detail.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
The first pirate character i created was Reckless Nicole Ramsey, a Moo Shu raised Buccaneer. Prior to her parent's death on an Armada Ambush she was just a regular girl from Avalon.She was originally trained to become a fire wizard, to protect the king.She was captured by the clockworks at age 14,ten long years of strife, struggle and torment.She was on the verge of death, when Captain Bouchebeard and Mr.Grandy rescued her.She was nursed back to health by her crew mates and friends.Now trained under her mentor, to become the warrior pirate class also known as the Buccaneer class.

Name : Nicolette James Ramsey ( Reckless Nicole Ramsey )
Weapon of choice : Heavy two handed weapon ( usual )
Motive: Just to destroy the Armada felt, unknown after wards

That's my first character, originally for the free zone but end up playing her as my main character. As a Buccaneer I have progressed rapidly to the main storyline up to early Aquila. I find this class easy to work with and in my opinon a great class for beginners.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
My first pirate's class is a Swashbuckler his name is Reliable Richard Radcliffe currently he has started Aquila and I hope to finish him soon.
Then I made a Musketeer named Brave Bradley Barclay funny thing how I got him to max first.
After that my Privateer came over my Christmas break 2013 I maxed him out as well. Loyal Luis Laveer.
Witchdoctor class was next Charming Chris Collins maxed.
Then there is my Buccaneer he is in the middle of Marleybone, Generous George Gerald.
I come to think why I did not level up my buckler first seeming as how he was my first character well I hope to finish him soon I haven't really been playing him much.

Petty Officer
Apr 21, 2012
My first pirate was a Bucaneer, I still have him, but I've been leaning more towards Swashbuckler, Witchdoctor, and Musketeers since.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Tavia Morgan is a privateer. She was my first to max, as well, since Indigo and I have agreed that our starter characters will be our highest levels. I probably won't hold Indigo to the accord after the new worlds open; I putter around more, and I'm sure he'll want to push on past where we hit the level cap before I'm ready to commit lots of time to playing.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Slick Michael Radcliffe was my first character and is so far the ONLY character of mine that is max level, since he is the only one I use. He is a Musketeer with a crew of 124, and wears the badge of Nefarious 6th proudly, always reminding him of the bravery of his three towermates who faced him and the Nefarious Five down and beat each one of them soundly. He has a full set of the maximum level Musketeer gear from the Tower of Moo Manchu, and he is equipped with either the Staff of Power (Musketeer) or the Nefarious Novablaster.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Buck all the way, Jack nightingale at your service (my buck) slayer of armada elites (I have all there personal items) and eventually turned for a armada spy (they offered me cookies)

Petty Officer
Dec 26, 2012
My first pirate is Careless Natalie Evans - lvl 45 Swashbuckler. Haven't been progressing in story cuz...just like u dragonmaster...always in need of crowns.... -_-

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
My first was my Privateer Fair Christina Nightingale. I love being a healer but the other side of me loves to blow things up. I got a taste of that with the privateer bombs so I made my Musketeer Darling Christina Dove to explode things in style. Her Ratbeard is the most content .

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
My first class was dear ol' goofy Valkoor, my Buccaneer, who also happens to be my only maxed pirate thus far. He's a bit odd, what with wearing sticks through his head and horns and such, but he gets the job done. I've enjoyed taming the Spiral as a Buck, but I'm now slowly giving my Musketeer, Dashing Boris De Bouff, a try.

I think I will alternate between melee and ranged as I level up and max my pirates, just to give me even more change of pace. But ol' Valkoor sure holds a special place in my heart. It's been quite tough getting use to running around with a different pirate-- guess I should have named them all Valkoor....no, no, no, my pirates just beg to be a bit different-- like me!

Petty Officer
Feb 29, 2012
This is more of a history but....

I had a swash named John Quick, I think. Then I deleted him when he got defeated 3 times by Gortez.
1st: R.I.P: John Quick-Level 12 Swashbuckler

Then I started a musketeer named Noble John Parker, who is now my favorite pirate and in Marleybone.

2nd: Noble John Parker-Level 58 Musketeer
I got a privateer for playing when my Musketeer was in a hard battle/long dungeon/waiting for crowns. He is now in MooShu, but he is failing on Governor Nakumara Quest. (Keeps dying on first battle) Why they nerf discipline?

3rd: Dark John-Level 38, 39, or 41 Privateer
Then I made a buccaneer to test out their companions. Got to level 22 (and spent a TON of crowns on him) and then deleted him because 1. I didn't feel like playing him and 2. It wasn't my style. Plus, I wanted a witch doctor. Bad decision. Period. Anybody in Cool Ranch or over, I shouldn't be deleting! :( *cries*
4th: R.I.P: Fearless Jack-Level 22 Buccaneer
I made a witchdoctor named Hunter Hawkins with an ice flag (modeled after my wizard, Hunter BearHammer) to test out the new Manny, Moe and Jack quests in skull island. Like my buccaneer, he had Dead Mike. But I deleted him for another buccaneer... :| Those quests took so long...
5th: R.I.P: Smart Hunter Hawkins-Level 11 Witch-doctor
Then I made a buccaneer once more. I don't know why I made him-maybe I wanted the feel of another buccaneer? I don't play him anymore...
6th: Brave Cole Jackson-Level 3 Buccaneer.

You may ask why I don't have a swash-that's my sister's department.

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
My little brother made the account I use (the very one that I am using right now, in fact). He was under thirteen at the time (and the account still registers as a younger pirate, sadly), and was quite upset when one of his favorite games stopped working. With the approval of our parents, he made this account. When I came home from work, he was so excited to show me this amazing world of Pirate101! I was a bit surprised at first because he and I used poke at fun both the Wizard and Pirate101 commercials. Despite this, I quickly took interest in Pirate101. What can I say? I love history -- one thing that this game had no shortage of! Since the account was his, he made the first character. He randomized everything, and here was the product:

Name: Trustworthy Zachary Holystone
Parents Death: Armada
Raised in: Mooshu (at the time, choosing this would give your pirate Vengeance Strike)
Alleged Crime: dueling an Armada officer / Swashbuckling
Zachary was fairly handsome in appearance. He had brown hair, fair skin, but his eye color has escaped my memory. What will probably never escape my memory was his hideous looking jolly roger. Poor Zach. When I bought the account from my brother (he is easily swayed when a doubloon or two is thrown his way), I deleted Zach. RIP Zachary Holystone, Trustworthy to the end.

When my brother made the account, he was kind enough to let me make a character:

Name: Ruthless Jack Jackson
Parents Death: Squid
Raised in: Mooshu
Alleged Crime: Brawling / Buccaneering
Jack has white hair, red eyes, and lightly tanned skin. “Red eyes?,” you may ask with disgust. It was actually a pretty nice touch (in that it looked pretty good), but he wears glasses now. He isn’t actually all that bad looking, either. Jack was my first maxed-level pirate and I use him quite often.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
My first class was swashbuckler, my Virtuous Anne Radcliffe, because the swashbuckler just seemed to epitomize the whole derring-do, quick-witted, light of foot, courteous yet sassy-to-villains pirate hero of old movies and of ballet (hey, if they can have virtuous pirates, so can I). And yes, I felt a thrill at the thought of fighting a duel with an Armada officer to avenge my friend's honor, and the motif - the sword and the rose - was just... well... me.

Now I have pirate girls in all the classes, and I love them all, but Anne is still my very favorite and the one I identify with most strongly.