Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

this is probably a dumb question but...

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 06, 2011
does anyone else enjoy watching the two eagles spar in the dueling circle in achaea? i saw them fighting each other and thought that it was really cool. sometimes i'll just stand there and watch for a while

Petty Officer
Dec 05, 2009
iateaunicorn12 on Jan 24, 2015 wrote:
does anyone else enjoy watching the two eagles spar in the dueling circle in achaea? i saw them fighting each other and thought that it was really cool. sometimes i'll just stand there and watch for a while
yes when I first saw over a year ago them I watched them for a bit it is quite entertaining Got to check them out again for sure I forgot about those dueling eagles.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I watched it too. Also did you ever just swim around in the water where you fight those ancient fish in the scorpion cave. I made up stories for all the skeletons in there....like the dead guy by the crashed stage coach well he played chicken and won lol

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Yes, its amusing to watch how one will leap up and use his talons/feet to attack! ( This is off topic, but I'm curious about your Board name. I'm sure there's a good story behind it. But what I want to know is, how did you prepare that unicorn and was it tasty? )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Not dumb at all. I do the same thing. They make for some great screenshot opportunities

Petty Officer
Feb 29, 2012
Totally
I feel like one eagle is always trampled.

-Noble John Parker, Level 62

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Indeed, it is a most sensible observation, er, 'Unicorn'. This game is filled with cleverness and beauty that should be savored, and not rushed through. And indeed, I have stopped to watch the sparring Eagles, more than once. It is a fascinating sequence, and a quite long one before it repeats.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Oh yes, those Eagles are finely trained soldiers of noble allegiance and I have admired their battle prowess many a times. I also have taking quite a few screen shots of them and posted one in an album on my Central page. It was a shot of the one Eagle lying on it's back, with the other kindly standing (and jumping) on his shield, in order to help his comrade cough up the middays rations that he was apparently choking on.

I included a caption for the shot that went something like "Careful there young Eagle, be sure to Hop Lite-- SQUAAAWK!" Or something like that. Every time I run through there I take a moment to jot down some notes on how to improve my spear striking and shield work.

It is certainly quite fun to watch.

Ensign
Jul 06, 2011
anecorbie on Jan 25, 2015 wrote:
Yes, its amusing to watch how one will leap up and use his talons/feet to attack! ( This is off topic, but I'm curious about your Board name. I'm sure there's a good story behind it. But what I want to know is, how did you prepare that unicorn and was it tasty? )
lets just say that i made my name a year ago and at the time was feeling rather uncreative so i literally typed the first thing that came to my head. i dont condone the cooking or consuming of unicorns, just thought it would be funny

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
I find watching the eagles very interesting. This is very different from other things with fast motion combat. I always end up watching it.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Heck yeah! i like the part where the spear dude jumps and stabs the other guy :D

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Yeah, watching them fight is pretty neat! You know those Eagle Spartans, they always have to duel it out over everything! Another fun one for me is watching the Buffaloons go around in circles on Wyatt Chirp's homestead!