Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Grizzly Beast Pack Disappointment

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
I know that many people have made similar posts on this pack, but I would like to put my own 2 cents in. have spent about 30,000 crowns on this pack, and while that is probably not a lot in comparison to other people who are trying for the companions, I still find it infuriating that I have to spend that much on something just for a companion. Now I understand that this is random, It seems a bit much that people have to spend TONS of crowns for the companions. Now I have seen many posts like this one, and often someone (usually Anecrombie) will respond something along the lines of "Did you get any pets or training tomes? Gear? Extra special pet snacks or doubloons? Its not just companions that are great in this pack." And my answer to that is: I have gotten all the pets that I wanted in the first few packs, all but the ram-a-lam, which Is the only one I need. I have gotten a couple of doubloons (these are decent). I have NEVER gotten a training tome and the gear you get is completely useless once you have one for each slot (and you cannot delete them, which is really annoying). The pet snacks are ok, but not really anything to special, as you can end up with the same result with just a little more time with the ones you can buy with gold. And Sometimes you will get gold and that is pointless as I have almost always have maxed out gold. So I'm stuck, just getting the packs, and getting disappointed as I get nothing good, and hoping that I can get one of the companions(which are some of the most powerful in the game).

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
Voodoo Cornelius on Feb 21, 2015 wrote:
I know that many people have made similar posts on this pack, but I would like to put my own 2 cents in. have spent about 30,000 crowns on this pack, and while that is probably not a lot in comparison to other people who are trying for the companions, I still find it infuriating that I have to spend that much on something just for a companion. Now I understand that this is random, It seems a bit much that people have to spend TONS of crowns for the companions. Now I have seen many posts like this one, and often someone (usually Anecrombie) will respond something along the lines of "Did you get any pets or training tomes? Gear? Extra special pet snacks or doubloons? Its not just companions that are great in this pack." And my answer to that is: I have gotten all the pets that I wanted in the first few packs, all but the ram-a-lam, which Is the only one I need. I have gotten a couple of doubloons (these are decent). I have NEVER gotten a training tome and the gear you get is completely useless once you have one for each slot (and you cannot delete them, which is really annoying). The pet snacks are ok, but not really anything to special, as you can end up with the same result with just a little more time with the ones you can buy with gold. And Sometimes you will get gold and that is pointless as I have almost always have maxed out gold. So I'm stuck, just getting the packs, and getting disappointed as I get nothing good, and hoping that I can get one of the companions(which are some of the most powerful in the game).
Well, my friend, I can sympathize with your disappointment. I had my heart set on getting both Baar and the Haar of Baar (for one of my female Swashbucklers). I ended up successfully getting all of the pets (which isn't such a bad thing), but nothing that I really wanted. Well, what can I say? Buying these packs are a risk.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Well Random is random. It could happen right away or later on or never. There is never a guarantee with randomness. There are other ways though. Check out the Pirate101 Fansites. They give away Grizzly companions as prizes all the time. I won one myself that way (It was either a pun contest or captioning a photo, I can't remember now ) The contests are really fun and it is comparatively easy to win some really cool bundles and other wonderful stuff.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
You its kinda funny, I bought only 1 more pack after writing this post, and I got a ram-a-lam!

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 22, 2015 wrote:
Well Random is random. It could happen right away or later on or never. There is never a guarantee with randomness. There are other ways though. Check out the Pirate101 Fansites. They give away Grizzly companions as prizes all the time. I won one myself that way (It was either a pun contest or captioning a photo, I can't remember now ) The contests are really fun and it is comparatively easy to win some really cool bundles and other wonderful stuff.
Really? I never knew they had contests for that kind of thing.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
I feel for you, my friend. I posted almost the exact same thing you did, ranting my heart out, and then the next day.......BAM! The Musketeer bear and the Witchdoctor bear pop up for me, within 4 packs of each other. Then, several months ago, I got Baar. Keep your faith up. Good things come to those who wait.

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2010
warriorscreed on Feb 27, 2015 wrote:
I feel for you, my friend. I posted almost the exact same thing you did, ranting my heart out, and then the next day.......BAM! The Musketeer bear and the Witchdoctor bear pop up for me, within 4 packs of each other. Then, several months ago, I got Baar. Keep your faith up. Good things come to those who wait.
Or should that read, ".... Good things come to those that pay." ?