Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Nautical Level Problems

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 02, 2012
I think that KingsIsle should improve the nautical level on Pirate101. I mean I am a LOW Nautical Level
for my pirate (Lvl 37) and my pirate is lvl 65. Do you agree or not?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Stormy Seth on Apr 3, 2015 wrote:
I think that KingsIsle should improve the nautical level on Pirate101. I mean I am a LOW Nautical Level
Set a few companions on the task of Sailin' to raise nautical levels, hunt ships ( the more powerful the better ) to raise that level. ( And the added bonus of scrip ). If you follow this advice, your nautical level will soon meet your pirate level.
The current way to get experience needs no changing.

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
Definitely, and yeah, we can go out and blast some cutthroats or some subata horses out of the skyways but, who has time for that, when your on the main story line? WHO? I hope kingsisle finds a way to improve the system.

Catherine Read- Lvl 65

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
completely agree everytime I have such a low nautical level compared to my regular level. When I am became max I was nautical level 43 and that was with my companions working on finding me nautical xp!

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Well the thing is, the game is heavily land based and there's not a lot of naval involvement. That's why naval levels are so low. I do wish, to make up for this, there would be more naval experience given from quests. My navel level is about 40-48 and I'm level 65.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Naw, it's fine as it is. You just need to round up a good 4 or 5 people to start bashing ships, or else do a quest that you need to defeat ships to complete.

Personally, I think the Nautical Levels are easy to get. I kept up my nautical level with me all the way to level 65.

Just spend some quality time, and you'll have two different shiny level 65s in no time.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I don't agree. KI has supplied all the enemy ships you can ask for. If you are low in Nautical Experience, then you need to rectify the problem.

Every time I am in the skies, I try to fight at least one enemy ship that I have defeated during questing, preferably a boss ship. Right now my Pirates are in Cool Ranch and I usually am within at least 2 Nautical Levels of my actual level (actual level 36, Nautical level 34). This allows me to use the best Ship Equipment that I can find (either as loot, the Bazaar, or the Crown Shop). So it is up to you what Nautical Level you have. It does have to be worked for just like farming - except this is farming for Nautical Experience. Also, now there is a chance of Scrip when you blow the other ship out of the sky along with getting Ship Equipment.

Lieutenant
May 06, 2011
This wasn't really a big problem for my musketeer, who was around nautical level 30 while she was level 65. I had help from my friend on most of my ship quests in Aquila, and then soon, I started off fresh. I went to Mooshu and accepted the side quests that gave nautical experience and did them all, which got me to about level 40, the quest experience, and the experience that you get from sinking the ships. Also, before I logged off, I put my companions on sailin'. This method is very helpful in raising your nautical if you have school the next day, because you can probably task your whole party and get a w hole bunch of experience later, and you might level up more than twice by doing this. The nautical level for Pirate101 is fine.

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
Lots of people are in the same boat as you. /unintentional pun/ Actually, this is rather common. I was somewhere around that level too. I think of it as less Kingsisle's fault and more players concentrating on their pirate levels and not their nautical and pirate levels.

Lots of people tend to ignore their nautical levels, but if you do a bit of nautical farming it's easily remedied. I don't think a change in the system is required, all that needs to be done is for players to spend a little bit of their time nautical experience farming or completing quests that give nautical experience.

~Scarlet Freeman 65
~Alura Windlass 49