Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What determines battle order?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 29, 2013
My friend and I each have two accounts, and we play both of them together so we have a group of 4. We have noticed that whenever we are pulled into a new battle (like during a dungeon) we are always pulled in in the same order. We had many theories about this, but we really want to know why!
Our latest theory is that the youngest account goes first.
Her accounts are younger than mine (not the level of the pirate, but the account making date itself - hers in like October-ish 2013, mine in February/March 2013).
No matter which pirate we're on, she's always slots 1 & 2, and I'm always 3 & 4 - My Ariel is tired of going last every battle :(
But, this doesn't really sound plausible.

So, is there a rhyme or reason as to what the play order is? Does this make sense...?

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
XD thats not it at all. unless i am SERIOUSLY mistaken, whoever enters combat first moves first, second moves second, third moves third, and the final player to enter is the final player to move. If that ISNT what is going on, I have had absolutely INSANE coincidences in every single multiplayer fight i have ever been a part of.

Lieutenant
May 06, 2011
HelenaQ on Apr 6, 2015 wrote:
My friend and I each have two accounts, and we play both of them together so we have a group of 4. We have noticed that whenever we are pulled into a new battle (like during a dungeon) we are always pulled in in the same order. We had many theories about this, but we really want to know why!
Our latest theory is that the youngest account goes first.
Her accounts are younger than mine (not the level of the pirate, but the account making date itself - hers in like October-ish 2013, mine in February/March 2013).
No matter which pirate we're on, she's always slots 1 & 2, and I'm always 3 & 4 - My Ariel is tired of going last every battle :(
But, this doesn't really sound plausible.

So, is there a rhyme or reason as to what the play order is? Does this make sense...?
No, it's whoever goes first. Apparently, the game doesn't show one's actions on another's right away, it takes about 3 seconds to show what the other player is doing. So you better go fast!

Ensign
Mar 29, 2013
I think you've misunderstood me.

What I was saying was: When we are automatically pulled in, without us pressing anything to advance text or anything, what is the order?

My friend and I play hours upon hours every day, and we're always in the same exact order.
1) Her Big Pirate (who does go in first physically on purpose - she initiates the battle)
2) Her smaller pirate
3) my big pirate
4) my small pirate

It is always this order - no changes unless we have another pirate initiate the battle, which still causes my small pirate to go last.

I hope I've explained it better this time, I realize I'm asking a weird question.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I bet Ratbeard knows precisely why this happens as he knows the nuts and bolts of the inner programing of battles.

Ensign
Mar 29, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Apr 14, 2015 wrote:
I bet Ratbeard knows precisely why this happens as he knows the nuts and bolts of the inner programing of battles.
I hope Ratbeard will answer me! We're really curious to know!

Ensign
Aug 21, 2013
This is a very interesting question, and one I have also wondered! I know that in most battles, the order is by who walks in. However, in many boss fights, the entire team gets pulled in once the first person enters. I have also noticed that its usually always the same order!

I hope someone answers and lets us know how this order is determined!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
QueenRoxy89 on Apr 21, 2015 wrote:
This is a very interesting question, and one I have also wondered! I know that in most battles, the order is by who walks in. However, in many boss fights, the entire team gets pulled in once the first person enters. I have also noticed that its usually always the same order!

I hope someone answers and lets us know how this order is determined!
Hi Queen Roxy, welcome to the message boards.
Perhaps the OP can do another thread with the same question but put Ratbeard's name in the title, that way he will be alerted that we have a question for him.

Ensign
Mar 29, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
Hi Queen Roxy, welcome to the message boards.
Perhaps the OP can do another thread with the same question but put Ratbeard's name in the title, that way he will be alerted that we have a question for him.
Ok, I'll do that!

Thank you for your help, Chrissy Th'Blesser!