Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Plot Hole or Intended?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
So I am replaying the game as my privateer and I am around level 38, so I have beaten Deacon in cool ranch. I then realized that I had promotions ready for Bonnie Anne and Ratbeard. So I am finishing up Bonnie's quest and I go to that castle (Monte Royale) and deacon appears! Is this some sort of plot hole, or is KI suggesting that Deacon did not die, or that there is a duplicate of him (like on a chess board) or what? I am very confused.

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
Voodoo Cornelius on May 3, 2015 wrote:
So I am replaying the game as my privateer and I am around level 38, so I have beaten Deacon in cool ranch. I then realized that I had promotions ready for Bonnie Anne and Ratbeard. So I am finishing up Bonnie's quest and I go to that castle (Monte Royale) and deacon appears! Is this some sort of plot hole, or is KI suggesting that Deacon did not die, or that there is a duplicate of him (like on a chess board) or what? I am very confused.
To answer your question, it is not a plot hole. Nor is Deacon still alive, or are there replicas of him. At the level that Bonnie promotes to Sniper is the level when you are at Port Regal, and KI assumed that people would have promoted Bonnie before you defeat Deacon in Cool Ranch. So the time of Bonnie's promotion is set before you go back to Cool Ranch. Hope this helped and didn't make it more confusing
~ Sam

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Generally, players do Bonnie's promotion before continuing on to Cool Ranch part 2. So you could think of this as 'pre-quel' insertion in your narrative.

Petty Officer
Nov 29, 2011
Bonnie Anne is intended to enter her second promotion in Book 8, during the story events in Port Regal Skyway. You defeated Deacon in Book 10. You've just done things a little out of order. Deacon is gone. At least, for the time being...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
It is not exactly a plot hole. The game makers never imagined that players would delay promoting their companions so long. Especially someone as strong as Bonnie Anne. When she is available for that promotion Deacon is still in one piece and hasn't even thought of that cave in the Haunted Skyway yet. If you do your promotions when closer to your Pirate's levels, these unexpected plot side effects won't happen.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on May 4, 2015 wrote:
It is not exactly a plot hole. The game makers never imagined that players would delay promoting their companions so long. Especially someone as strong as Bonnie Anne. When she is available for that promotion Deacon is still in one piece and hasn't even thought of that cave in the Haunted Skyway yet. If you do your promotions when closer to your Pirate's levels, these unexpected plot side effects won't happen.
I switched to a slower computer around that time, and for some reason the Icon for fox sniper never loaded. I normally promote my companions as soon as possible.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Voodoo Cornelius on May 4, 2015 wrote:
I switched to a slower computer around that time, and for some reason the Icon for fox sniper never loaded. I normally promote my companions as soon as possible.
Ah well ya can't be blamed for that If ya think someone should be due, you could always check this guide.