Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Mount ideas?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
Here are some of mine

1. Centaur
2.Komodo Dragon-like mount
3. Giant Wolf (if Grizzleheim ever comes out)

Here is one I've found in other places:

Snake (Not a flying one, but a regular snake)

Here are some Wizard101 mounts that I think go well with Pirate101. These are opinions!

1. Tiki Waverider
2. Mander Palanquin (If Krokotopia ever comes out)

What about my fellow pirates? (You.)

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
How about:

1. Rowboat
2. Wave
3. Jellyfish
4. Polarbear, Grizzly Bear, Panda etc..
5. Cannon

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Aaron FireEyes on Jun 4, 2015 wrote:
Here are some of mine

1. Centaur

Here are some Wizard101 mounts that I think go well with Pirate101. These are opinions!

1. Tiki Waverider

I'm intrigued by the Komodo Dragon, you could get some nice animations on that!
A Catfish mount
A Marleybone auto that actually moves!
A Valencian gondola ( 2 person ) *
* comes with a gondolier guinea pig.

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
anecorbie on Jun 5, 2015 wrote:
I'm intrigued by the Komodo Dragon, you could get some nice animations on that!
A Catfish mount
A Marleybone auto that actually moves!
A Valencian gondola ( 2 person ) *
* comes with a gondolier guinea pig.
Yes! I would love to see its swimming animations.....

Those are all awesome ideas and I really like your Gondola idea! Thank you for replying to my thread, by the way...

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
Duke of Westminste... on Jun 5, 2015 wrote:
How about:

1. Rowboat
2. Wave
3. Jellyfish
5. Cannon
Those are all pretty cool ideas, but it might be difficult for KI to make a cannon a mount, unless you have your own animations if in a .gif or other?

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
Here are some more I just thought about-

1. Giant Bat (May or may not fit the P101 themes)
2. Goblin Shark
3. Dolphin
4. Tiger Shark
5. Mountain Gorilla
6. Liger
7. Polar Grizzly (Pizzly)
8. Cyclops Shark

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Duke of Westminste... on Jun 5, 2015 wrote:
How about:

1. Rowboat
2. Wave
3. Jellyfish
5. Cannon
Do you ride the barrel of the cannon or does it shoot you in the direction you wish to go? And if you ride the barrel, inside or outside?

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Aaron FireEyes on Jun 4, 2015 wrote:
Here are some of mine

1. Centaur

1. Tiki Waverider

Good question!

1. A nine tailed kitsune(a fox species from Japanese mythology.)
2. A mini raft
3. A griffon
4. A flying squirrel(it would look fun anyway)
5. 2 birds(just image that for a moment. You get carried around by 2 small birds grabbing your shoulders)

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
  • 11-headed snake - look up "9-headed snake guarding Buddha statue" on Google Images, but imagine that snake with 11 heads: it's holding you in its coils and using its 11 necks to provide shade for your head.
  • Jellyfish - You're standing on top of it, in a position like you're steering a ship (on P101).
  • Manticore - You hold on like a Gryphon mount, and one of the fiddle animations (things that your mount do while you are standing still for a long time) is the Manticore accidentally jabbing you with its scorpion tail.
  • Squid - The squid is pointing its head forward, and you are sitting on its back, and when you press space to jump, the squid spins around, making you spiral around and hopefully avoiding hitting your head on the floor.
  • Kidnapper Troll - A troll is carrying you on its shoulder, and you're constantly squirming and trying to escape. Surprisingly slow like the Slowpoke Sloth.

Corrupt Lucas Vries
___Level 65
___Opposition Champion

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Jun 8, 2015 wrote:
  • 11-headed snake - look up "9-headed snake guarding Buddha statue" on Google Images, but imagine that snake with 11 heads: it's holding you in its coils and using its 11 necks to provide shade for your head.
  • Jellyfish - You're standing on top of it, in a position like you're steering a ship (on P101).
  • Manticore - You hold on like a Gryphon mount, and one of the fiddle animations (things that your mount do while you are standing still for a long time) is the Manticore accidentally jabbing you with its scorpion tail.
  • Squid - The squid is pointing its head forward, and you are sitting on its back, and when you press space to jump, the squid spins around, making you spiral around and hopefully avoiding hitting your head on the floor.
  • Kidnapper Troll - A troll is carrying you on its shoulder, and you're constantly squirming and trying to escape. Surprisingly slow like the Slowpoke Sloth.

Corrupt Lucas Vries
___Level 65
___Opposition Champion
I love the squid ( may I please look like I'm strangling it in revenge for my parent's death? )
I LOLed at the troll, please I would love to have ( or even see someone using this mount ).

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I would love to see a Silverback Gorilla Mount. For idle animations, it could beat on it's chest and our pirates could 'air-pick' bugs off of it's hairy head. It could run on all fours with our pirates being tossed to and fro, and maybe also run upright on 2 legs at times, with our pirates leaning way back, trying to hold on tight and keep from falling off.

A Lightning Bolt mount would be pretty cool, I've always wanted to ride the lightning. A cannonball would be quite funny to see, like our pirates trying to balance on it as it went rolling along....or maybe even a giant Snowball mount for the holidays! When idle we could fall through it with only our heads and hands poking out. Maybe even get wrapped up around it, spinning out of control.

Also I think a Rhino mount would be pretty neat...maybe if we ever see the shores of Zafaria. Just for a little Cool Ranch-ey fun, a Tumble Weed mount would be interesting. Not sure how we'd 'mount' it, maybe have it surround us as we 'blow, bounce and drift from place to place'-- animations and programming would probably be tough, though.

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 8, 2015 wrote:
I would love to see a Silverback Gorilla Mount. For idle animations, it could beat on it's chest and our pirates could 'air-pick' bugs off of it's hairy head. It could run on all fours with our pirates being tossed to and fro, and maybe also run upright on 2 legs at times, with our pirates leaning way back, trying to hold on tight and keep from falling off.

A Lightning Bolt mount would be pretty cool, I've always wanted to ride the lightning. A cannonball would be quite funny to see, like our pirates trying to balance on it as it went rolling along....or maybe even a giant Snowball mount for the holidays! When idle we could fall through it with only our heads and hands poking out. Maybe even get wrapped up around it, spinning out of control.

Also I think a Rhino mount would be pretty neat...maybe if we ever see the shores of Zafaria. Just for a little Cool Ranch-ey fun, a Tumble Weed mount would be interesting. Not sure how we'd 'mount' it, maybe have it surround us as we 'blow, bounce and drift from place to place'-- animations and programming would probably be tough, though.
Great ideas, Valkoor! I especially love the snowball and cannonball ideas! Your silverback gorilla idea seems pretty darn cool, as well! I would not mind riding a lightning bolt. Maybe it could be like a surfboard, wtih different colored lightning, (Red, purple, blue, black, etc.) as the design. It could be called, "Chameleon Lightning."

Like the Great Hornocerous two person mount in Wizard101, for the Rhino mount? How about a copy of the Tanglewood Vine mount in Wizard101 for the Tumble Weed mount, but the Tanglewood vine would be grey, brown, and black instead of just green? There should be some animations showing that mount, if you have not seen it yet.

1. Boa Constrictor-like mount
2. Mummy Crokagator
3. Mummy Dragon
4. Red+Blue flame Bone Dragon

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Here some mounts that would be a great addition for pirates.

1.Sphinx-A mount that walk on four paws,with a wing like an ibis. Imagine a gold, deep blue and white mount with Egyptian-Mesopotamian geometric shapes on it's legs. This mount is great to ride on the Krokotopaian sands.

2.Storm Shark-This is a mount that is on my wishlist. It's just like the storm shark pet and beasties, but larger and have a deeper blue in color like electric blue.

3.A rolling log mount- A great way to make your friends laugh, during April Phual's day. It's a log that rolls when the player use it.Now that's a mount on a roll.

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
Monkrinx2024 on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:

1.Sphinx-A mount that walk on four paws,with a wing like an ibis. Imagine a gold, deep blue and white mount with Egyptian-Mesopotamian geometric shapes on it's legs. This mount is great to ride on the Krokotopaian sands.

2.Storm Shark-This is a mount that is on my wishlist. It's just like the storm shark pet and beasties, but larger and have a deeper blue in color like electric blue.

3.A rolling log mount- A great way to make your friends laugh, during April Phual's day. It's a log that rolls when the player use it.Now that's a mount on a roll.
I love it! Especially the Sphinx! Man, that would be amazing! I do hope we get something like that, and I would laugh out loud from seeing a rolling log mount! Also, a storm shark would be awesome, too and I hope we can see that as a drop from a pack or boss, or in crown shop! I probably wouldn't get it if it was in crown shop, though. Then again, that is the same thing as a pack.....

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
I'd say a palanquin similar to those in Wizard101 would be great. I've always thought they were funny !

I really think two player mounts should be brought into consideration. There were some cool mounts in W101 that have the necessary potential of appearing in Pirate101. See you in the Spiral

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Aaron FireEyes on Jun 8, 2015 wrote:
Great ideas, Valkoor! I especially love the snowball and cannonball ideas! Your silverback gorilla idea seems pretty darn cool, as well! I would not mind riding a lightning bolt. Maybe it could be like a surfboard, wtih different colored lightning, (Red, purple, blue, black, etc.) as the design. It could be called, "Chameleon Lightning."

Like the Great Hornocerous two person mount in Wizard101, for the Rhino mount? How about a copy of the Tanglewood Vine mount in Wizard101 for the Tumble Weed mount, but the Tanglewood vine would be grey, brown, and black instead of just green? There should be some animations showing that mount, if you have not seen it yet.

1. Boa Constrictor-like mount
2. Mummy Crokagator
3. Mummy Dragon
4. Red+Blue flame Bone Dragon
Thank you and I really like your mount ideas as well. The Mummy Dragon sounds fantastic and actually any kind of Dragon mount gets my vote. Oh and the Komodo and Giant Wolf mounts...yep, I'd surely buy them right up-- nice ideas!

As far as my Rhino mount and the Tumbleweed mount ideas, yes I must admit that I have not played Wizard101 or seen any of the mounts (and even pets) in that game. I'll have to check out the Great Hornocerous and Tanglewood Vine mounts, though. They sound pretty darn neat. Maybe I'll spend some time on the Wizard101 Wiki (I'm assuming there's a wiki for Wiz, just like for Pirate101) and check out some of the mounts and pets in that game.

Well, keep the ideas rolling along....we pirates can always use more creative and amazing mounts!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Monkrinx2024 on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:

Yea and the idle movement would show us falling off of it. What could be easier?

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
Here's a couple more-

1. Marleybone Automobile (2,3, or 4 person)
2. Poisoned (+Poisonous.) Spider Mammoth

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 10, 2015 wrote:
Thank you and I really like your mount ideas as well. The Mummy Dragon sounds fantastic and actually any kind of Dragon mount gets my vote. Oh and the Komodo and Giant Wolf mounts...yep, I'd surely buy them right up-- nice ideas!

As far as my Rhino mount and the Tumbleweed mount ideas, yes I must admit that I have not played Wizard101 or seen any of the mounts (and even pets) in that game. I'll have to check out the Great Hornocerous and Tanglewood Vine mounts, though. They sound pretty darn neat. Maybe I'll spend some time on the Wizard101 Wiki (I'm assuming there's a wiki for Wiz, just like for Pirate101) and check out some of the mounts and pets in that game.

Well, keep the ideas rolling along....we pirates can always use more creative and amazing mounts!
No problem! and thank you, too! The Komodo Dragon is my favorite idea of mine.

Go on ahead to Wizard101central .com/wiki/. I don't think you'll be disappointed!

I would recommend looking at the Card packs section of the wiki. The packs have amazing pets and mounts, that are better than most in the game, I think.

They've just released a new pack a few days ago, on Tuesday, June 9/2015 that is themed after Darkmoor, which is a dungeon, for maximum leveled wizards and below to enjoy.

The epic item in that pack is the Terror Dog mount.
The pet or big bad ultra rare item in that pack is the Brainy Assistant pet.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Thank you Aaron FireEyes and I'll be sure to check out the WizWiki over the wikiend.

I've 'heard' a few players in game talk about the new Terror Dog mount introduced over in the land of pointed hats and waving wands, and how they simply can't wait to get their spell-casting hands on it. It sounds fantastic! And Brainy Assistance pet?.....oh man, I sure hope it is little, blue and wears a white, floppy hat and glasses...a la Brainy Smurf-esque. But I guess that wouldn't fit in with the Wizards theme.....unless they throw in Gargamel as a bad guy and his pet, Azrael too.

I did have another idea for a mount, though.

How about Roller Blades! With the blades part actually being real blades! It could be a footwear type of mount with blades similar to Fin's Cutters on the inside and outside of both 'boot'. Maybe 4 of them that form a circle (wheel) and spin as your pirate cavorts about the Spiral. They could leave 'blade tracks' in the ground behind you, as you tear up the landscape. Could be kind of a funny way to cruise around. For an idle animation, your pirate could plop on his tush and take out a stone to sharpen them.

Blades for a mount....yikes, talk about making some sharp turns!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 12, 2015 wrote:
Thank you Aaron FireEyes and I'll be sure to check out the WizWiki over the wikiend.

I've 'heard' a few players in game talk about the new Terror Dog mount introduced over in the land of pointed hats and waving wands, and how they simply can't wait to get their spell-casting hands on it. It sounds fantastic! And Brainy Assistance pet?.....oh man, I sure hope it is little, blue and wears a white, floppy hat and glasses...a la Brainy Smurf-esque. But I guess that wouldn't fit in with the Wizards theme.....unless they throw in Gargamel as a bad guy and his pet, Azrael too.

How about Roller Blades! With the blades part actually being real blades! It could be a footwear type of mount with blades similar to Fin's Cutters on the inside and outside of both 'boot'. Maybe 4 of them that form a circle (wheel) and spin as your pirate cavorts about the Spiral. They could leave 'blade tracks' in the ground behind you, as you tear up the landscape. Could be kind of a funny way to cruise around. For an idle animation, your pirate could plop on his tush and take out a stone to sharpen them.

Valkoor, since you already have an account here in P101, it would be no problem to start over there in Wizard101; but I do suggest that you take the test from the "Book of Secrets" at least once. ( it's a kind of personality quiz and it's fun to see what they match you as.)
The brainy assistant is a hunchback toad carrying a glass jar ( with a brain labeled Abbey N. ) I love the reference! Plus the Gypsy Armor is very attractive and there are Darkmoor housing items.
I love the rollerblades, very 'cutting edge'.

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011

Actually the pet is large, trollish, and kind of references Igor from one of the Frankenstein movies.

The pet is holding a glass jar with a brain inside. The jar is labeled, "Abby N."

The movie showed Igor holding a jar that said, "A B Normal."

I don't know the exact date/ title of the movie, but if you're old enough or really trivial as I am, then you probably know what I'm talking about...

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011

That would be very funny to have a reference to the smurfs, however I would say it might need to be far enough away from advertisement to be suitable for one of KI's games. Maybe a little red man being ruled by large humans that live in gigantic metal mushroom houses?

That probably sounds cheesy, by the way.... Also, I love your roller blades mount idea! That sounds amazing! How long did it take to think that up?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Aaron FireEyes on Jun 12, 2015 wrote:
Actually the pet is large, trollish, and kind of references Igor from one of the Frankenstein movies.

The pet is holding a glass jar with a brain inside. The jar is labeled, "Abby N."

The movie showed Igor holding a jar that said, "A B Normal."

I don't know the exact date/ title of the movie, but if you're old enough or really trivial as I am, then you probably know what I'm talking about...
That's hilarious! "Abbey N/Normal". Yeah that's from Mel Brooks Young Frankenstein, the Abbey Normal part anyways and it happens to be one of my all-time favorite movies. I've seen several of Mel Brooks influenced references in Pirate101 as well-- such as the "Where man, Wereman?" quest, title. Also taken form Young Frankenstein when Igor (ah, Marty Feldman- best Igor ever!) brings Dr. Frederick Frankenstein to the castle.

Werewolf!
Werewolf?
There!
What?
There wolf, there castle.

Yeah, I'm slightly old enough to remember that one. And I make sure to watch it as often as I can. Thanks for the compliment on the Roller Blades mount idea....it took all of about 2 minutes and 47 seconds or there abouts. Thought it up, pictured what blades where curved enough to form a circle and voila! My brain often works quite well for the nonsensical stuff. Other than that, you just may see my ears smoking.