Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Marie Annette

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
For a while now, I’ve wanted to refer to the Queen/Dame Marie Annette (that being wordplay on the word “marionette” and a nod to France’s famous queen Marie Antoinette), but believing that someone has already done it (on the message boards, I mean), I feared that such an action, on my part, would be plagiarism. So, if you said it first, please step up!

- Jack

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ruthless Jack Jack... on Aug 5, 2015 wrote:
For a while now, I’ve wanted to refer to the Queen/Dame Marie Annette (that being wordplay on the word “marionette” and a nod to France’s famous queen Marie Antoinette), but believing that someone has already done it (on the message boards, I mean), I feared that such an action, on my part, would be plagiarism. So, if you said it first, please step up!

- Jack
I remember the post, unfortunately I don't remember the title or the poster's name; however I believe he speculated that the name might be "Marie Onette".

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
anecorbie on Aug 5, 2015 wrote:
I remember the post, unfortunately I don't remember the title or the poster's name; however I believe he speculated that the name might be "Marie Onette".
I believe this is the post you speak of.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fearless Finnagan on Aug 5, 2015 wrote:
I believe this is the post you speak of.
Yes, that's the one ( along with my gaffe at misspelling honnette, ugh )