Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Too many epics?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2011
I haven't gone onto pirate101 until now (because lack of world) but when I went on, I noticed the new epics and all. This actually is kind of concerning for many reason.

1. Companions are too overpowered. I know you are trying to balance it between the new guys but, they have even more now. Having all those epics seems overpowered.

2. Battles will take too long. Battles can already take awhile but, with so many epic, it means more animation and less strategy. Of course, trying to use epics correctly is strategy but, with so many, it becomes out outrageous.

3. For the future. Of course the MMO is going to be long but, after awhile, getting so many epics is just going to be too much. This on can be easier to avoid by making it certain battles requires to use less companions or current companions stop gaining epics after awhile and we get new stronger characters.

I just feel like it will be too overpowered. Make it so strategy is needed for this kingsisle. Tie it into to all these epics or it will ruin the game. Thanks for your time.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Battles will take too long? Of anything, this makes battles go by a lot quicker.

There's also fast combat setting if you're getting too impatient.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I must admit that playing PvE, as a max level, is so much easier than ever before (& it was pretty easy even before). But I think players will surely benefit in the earlier going, in lower worlds, because their crew will pack more oomph now. This makes it a bit more manageable in those earlier, tougher times when our pirates haven't gained their full compliment (or just a significant amount) of Epics-- our crews will be better equipped now, to hold their own-- until their Captains train/learn more goodies. For those just starting out or w/ new pirates, I'd imagine these new Epics are very welcomed additions.

Also, I have also noticed that the PvE battles, at least against 'standard' mobs/bosses, are actually much faster...& not just because of the Fast Combat, option. All of those chains of Epics mean that your crew is inflicting much more damage. Because of this, in my experiences, battles (pre-extra Epics) that once took 3-4 rounds seem to be over in a mere 2. There may be a few more animations, but things can be sped up via Fast Combat & due to all of the Epics chaining together & finishing off enemies rather quickly. In my experiences, it appears that the battles are actually much shorter now. And yes of course much, much easier. When I recently farmed Pariss/Hykssoss w/ 2 pirates, each of the 3 battles only took 2 rounds, each (occasionally 3 rounds for Hykssoss) & the entire dungeon was over in about 15-20 minutes (w/ Fast Combat 'on'). I actually, rather welcome shorter farms, like that. So I'd absolutely agree that the new Epics have made the Spiral's enemies, a bit more pushover-ish, but they don't seem to have made battles drag out-- quite the contrary, in my experiences & again, in regards to PvE only.

Now if you're talking PvP, that may be an entirely different story. But I'm sure players are more than happy to have all of these new Epics & tools at their pirates's & crews' disposals...& for the added diversity in combat crews & companion selections.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
Dante ZE pirate on Sep 21, 2015 wrote:
I haven't gone onto pirate101 until now (because lack of world) but when I went on, I noticed the new epics and all. This actually is kind of concerning for many reason.

1. Companions are too overpowered. I know you are trying to balance it between the new guys but, they have even more now. Having all those epics seems overpowered.

2. Battles will take too long. Battles can already take awhile but, with so many epic, it means more animation and less strategy. Of course, trying to use epics correctly is strategy but, with so many, it becomes out outrageous.

3. For the future. Of course the MMO is going to be long but, after awhile, getting so many epics is just going to be too much. This on can be easier to avoid by making it certain battles requires to use less companions or current companions stop gaining epics after awhile and we get new stronger characters.

I just feel like it will be too overpowered. Make it so strategy is needed for this kingsisle. Tie it into to all these epics or it will ruin the game. Thanks for your time.
About 2. There is a speed up battles function now. Also, I find that this balances out with the number of epics and the damage the enemies take, meaning the amount of time it takes is about the same.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
OH my! With the new epics battles can take up to two rounds (used to be longer before) Oh No! How shall I stand it?!!!! The savagery! The humanity!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2011
DuranteRamses87 on Sep 22, 2015 wrote:
OH my! With the new epics battles can take up to two rounds (used to be longer before) Oh No! How shall I stand it?!!!! The savagery! The humanity!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
I was talking about Pvp and less time for strategy and more time for racking up damage that makes you OP if kingsisle makes the enemies weak. You don't have to be rude.

EVERYONE! I was implying less time for strategy and more time for epics. I just hope ki really buffs up the enemies in the next update because we will fly right through the game.