Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Some powers not reflecting weapons.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 24, 2012
Hi, sorry if this isn't a bug.

Powers like grapeshot and sneak attack will change their damage depending on the weapon you've equipped (staffy/anything will change it to magical i think).

However, hurl knife remains physical. Same with mighty charge though the glancing blow will change to magical if you're using a staffy combo.

The problem with this is that if it's physical I won't be able to use will as a damage stat. The damage from the power is just my weapon power with the will damage bonus subtracted. Also, I tested this with will and straight-damage boosting gear.

If this is intentional, oops

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Burly Davy Jones on Sep 26, 2015 wrote:
Hi, sorry if this isn't a bug.

Powers like grapeshot and sneak attack will change their damage depending on the weapon you've equipped (staffy/anything will change it to magical i think).

However, hurl knife remains physical. Same with mighty charge though the glancing blow will change to magical if you're using a staffy combo.

The problem with this is that if it's physical I won't be able to use will as a damage stat. The damage from the power is just my weapon power with the will damage bonus subtracted. Also, I tested this with will and straight-damage boosting gear.

If this is intentional, oops
This is intentional for some weapons. Below is from the Player's Guide:

"Note that both Crossbows and Guns are ranged weapons using Agility as their bonus attribute, but the damage they each do is different. Crossbows deal Physical damage (even if firing Fire arrows). Guns deal elemental – which is Magical – damage (although guns do not benefit from the Spooky attribute).

That means that damage received from a Crossbow can be reduced with a high Armor value, while Gun damage can be reduced with a high Resist value."

https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/players_guide/classes/attributes