Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ratbeard and Catbeard: Why Do They Hate Each Other

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jun 22, 2014
Ok, so why do Ratbeard and Catbeard hate each other? Did something happen between these two before we met either of them, or is it just plain rivalry?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Pirate Master on Oct 10, 2015 wrote:
Ok, so why do Ratbeard and Catbeard hate each other? Did something happen between these two before we met either of them, or is it just plain rivalry?
"Well, if it isn't Captain Kitty, himself. Tell me, are ye still a stinkin' coward?"
This seems to indicate a past episode, one I hope will be explained further on.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
Oh man, what if Cap'n Kitty had worked with Fowl in the past? What if Cat and Rat used to be friends, but Catbeard betrayed Ratbeard? Or maybe vice versa, since the Ratbeard we know is much different from the Ratbeard he used to be? Or maybe it could just be a classic case of the Rodent-Feline rivalry?

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
He pulled a Han Solo dropped his cargo and ran the slug!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
I'd say Ratbeard envies Catbeard's easy, luxurious life, while Catbeard looks down upon him, and is amused by his struggles.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
Because cats EAT rats.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
When I see them, I can't help but think of Tom and Jerry, so I'm assuming it's a cat/mouse (rat) relationship KI is playing at. There may had been past disputes, but a high-class "kitty" and a thieving rat pirate are about as opposite as the relationship can get on personal levels.