Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What's you favorite video game?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 20, 2013
this is another self explanitory post.

What's your favorite video game( besides Pirate101, of course)

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
i must answer this before i go, Elder scrolls: Oblivion its a wonderful game that captured my attention for probably thousands of hours

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
pirate crusher on Oct 23, 2015 wrote:
this is another self explanitory post.

What's your favorite video game( besides Pirate101, of course)
Hmmm. I've played a lot of good ones recently, so I'm going to pick my favorites based on certain conditions:

Best Music: Solatorobo

Best Story: Fire Emblem Awakening. It's one of the few games that actually does time travel correctly.

Best Graphics/Art: Okami. That game looks beautiful!

Best Party Game: Dokapon Kingdom(I'd read reviews and get familiar with the game before stopping off at the store to buy it).

Best Metaphoric Significance: Disney's ToonTown Online/ToonTown Rewritten. It's a battle against maturity and I love it!

Best Dialogue: Kid Icarus Uprising. No character in that game can be taken seriously for more than 5 minutes before somebody says something silly. It's really awesome

Best Replay Value: Probably Shadow the Hedgehog or Fire Emblem Awakening.

Honorable Mentions:

Music: Sonic '06, Sonic and the Black Knight, and Sonic and the Secret Rings

Story: Xenoblade Chronicles(long though)

Graphics: The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker HD, Hyrule Warriors

Party Games: Mario Party 8, Mario Party DS, and Wii Party.

Metaphoric Significance: Pokémon Black and White. It embodies the battle of truth vs. ideals in the form of 10 foot dragons.
-Funny thing is, the dragon that represents truth actually uses fire based attacks, which is what a dragon is known for. The More You Know

Okami again probably.

Dialogue: Fire Emblem Awakening has some rather amusing lines frequently, but not as often as KIU. Sonic Colors has some pretty nice sarcasm.

Replay Value: KIU, every main series Pokémon game, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
Hmm.. honestly? It really depends but I'm fluctuating right now between Borderlands 2 and Fallout 3. Both are intended for mature audiences and very different in style, but both are fantastic.

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
zuto4011a on Oct 24, 2015 wrote:
i must answer this before i go, Elder scrolls: Oblivion its a wonderful game that captured my attention for probably thousands of hours
Most of these games are rated M: 17+

My favorite game so far is TES V: Skyrim. How much better is Oblivion than Skyrim? I've heard from many different sources that Oblivion is the audience's favorite.

Aside from the above, I also like:

1. Saint's Row III (And 4, because of the insane city cheat, not because of the superpowers. I prefer the vehicles.. Also, since both games had zombies, that was an added bonus.)
2. The discontinued mmorpg FreeRealms. (I'm still sad to have watched that go.. The developers of FR went into an, "issue," where they weren't updating frequently enough. To be honest, it was impossible for me to have completed everything there was in there as I could in pirate101. At FR's death because of developer ignorance, there was a whole lot more to do than in Pirate101. And every bit of it was fun! Btw, there was something of a carpet glitch in there as there is in this game, but it wasn't so much a glitch as just stacking blocks..
3. Assassin's Creed II: Revelations

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Aaron FireEyes on Oct 28, 2015 wrote:
Most of these games are rated M: 17+

My favorite game so far is TES V: Skyrim. How much better is Oblivion than Skyrim? I've heard from many different sources that Oblivion is the audience's favorite.

Aside from the above, I also like:

1. Saint's Row III (And 4, because of the insane city cheat, not because of the superpowers. I prefer the vehicles.. Also, since both games had zombies, that was an added bonus.)
2. The discontinued mmorpg FreeRealms. (I'm still sad to have watched that go.. The developers of FR went into an, "issue," where they weren't updating frequently enough. To be honest, it was impossible for me to have completed everything there was in there as I could in pirate101. At FR's death because of developer ignorance, there was a whole lot more to do than in Pirate101. And every bit of it was fun! Btw, there was something of a carpet glitch in there as there is in this game, but it wasn't so much a glitch as just stacking blocks..
3. Assassin's Creed II: Revelations
I invested a thousand hours into a single char in oblivion yet i couldn't max him, restoration takes forever to level up, so long in fact i resorted to jumping off mountains and healing the damage, i also became truly op and i don't mean like fog op there was literally no way i could lose, even on the hardest difficulty i could not die hence my mountain jumping, i used some very weak but good looking armor and i enchanted it with shields and spell reflect and resist making me near invincible to magic and almost 100% resistance to physical attacks, the freedom of char choice and gear is what makes it better then skyrim for me, and the dlcs were better in my opinion, they brought actually useful things and added much more roleplay options like mine which was a magical artifact collecter(my collection boasted over 1000 regular magic pieces and almost every unique piece in the game) and i held my collection in the dlc mage towers frozen vault which is guarded by imps really making it feel secure unlike the usual houses in oblivon and skyrim which feel like you could be robbed at anytime

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
zuto4011a on Oct 29, 2015 wrote:
I invested a thousand hours into a single char in oblivion yet i couldn't max him, restoration takes forever to level up, so long in fact i resorted to jumping off mountains and healing the damage, i also became truly op and i don't mean like fog op there was literally no way i could lose, even on the hardest difficulty i could not die hence my mountain jumping, i used some very weak but good looking armor and i enchanted it with shields and spell reflect and resist making me near invincible to magic and almost 100% resistance to physical attacks, the freedom of char choice and gear is what makes it better then skyrim for me, and the dlcs were better in my opinion, they brought actually useful things and added much more roleplay options like mine which was a magical artifact collecter(my collection boasted over 1000 regular magic pieces and almost every unique piece in the game) and i held my collection in the dlc mage towers frozen vault which is guarded by imps really making it feel secure unlike the usual houses in oblivon and skyrim which feel like you could be robbed at anytime
I'm level 412 in Skyrim, which doesn't take as long as it sounds..., though maybe it does, because i've been playing for (Not a thousand hours) about a bit more than 540 hours, ever since the near beginning of the year of 2012. I know what you're thinking, "That's not long, though!" Well, that's because I play about a half-hour per day. (Not counting those days where I go to work, school, vacation, etc.)

The house in Skyrim's Solitude is guarded by not only the generic guards, but the Empire, General Tullius, (He's very close.) and Solitude's walls, itself. The house in Skyrim's Markarth is guarded by not only the generic guards, but the Empire, the Silver Blood Family, (They're very close; Unless you kill them all eventualy [With mods, because some of them are always essential) and the Markarth walls. The house in Riften's Solitude is guarded by not only the generic guards, but the Stormcloaks, (Or the Empire, depending on how far into the civil war questline you are and if you sided with the Stormcloaks) thieves guild, and blackbriar family. (All of them are close.)

In Oblivion, is there a way to show off your items as one would in a museum? The lack of (enough) display cases, mannakins, wall mounts, (For weapons; The shield ones are my favorite.) and more in Skyrim really bothers me..

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
I built my house in Falkreath; I have a cow, three chickens, two kids, a wife, three horses, a steward, a bodyguard, a flame thrall, a bard, and a carriage driver. I feel pretty safe
...Although I've been robbed a couple times and someone stole my cow, so I see your point.
Mordecai, Level 53 Khajiit

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Aaron FireEyes on Oct 30, 2015 wrote:
I'm level 412 in Skyrim, which doesn't take as long as it sounds..., though maybe it does, because i've been playing for (Not a thousand hours) about a bit more than 540 hours, ever since the near beginning of the year of 2012. I know what you're thinking, "That's not long, though!" Well, that's because I play about a half-hour per day. (Not counting those days where I go to work, school, vacation, etc.)

The house in Skyrim's Solitude is guarded by not only the generic guards, but the Empire, General Tullius, (He's very close.) and Solitude's walls, itself. The house in Skyrim's Markarth is guarded by not only the generic guards, but the Empire, the Silver Blood Family, (They're very close; Unless you kill them all eventualy [With mods, because some of them are always essential) and the Markarth walls. The house in Riften's Solitude is guarded by not only the generic guards, but the Stormcloaks, (Or the Empire, depending on how far into the civil war questline you are and if you sided with the Stormcloaks) thieves guild, and blackbriar family. (All of them are close.)

In Oblivion, is there a way to show off your items as one would in a museum? The lack of (enough) display cases, mannakins, wall mounts, (For weapons; The shield ones are my favorite.) and more in Skyrim really bothers me..
it is very easy to break into a house and kill the guards outside or even stealth your way through, not only is the door magically locked you can create atronachs and place them on the lower floor and realistically speaking a storm would easily destroy a patrol of guards and the vault is only accessible through a teleporter,an inaccessible vault is the greatest defense, you can have the whole of the imperial army guarding your stuff but they can beat beaten, a vault that has no entrance point can not be beaten and i am lvl 43 in oblivion, only 7 skills level you up and i like i said even with mountain jumping restoration does not level fast

Ensign
Apr 26, 2012
Hmm... I'm a person that would play a game over and over again but I did play lots of games in the past. I sure do miss those days.

For the story I like Fire Emblem Awakening like FireMorgan13 said. It's on the Nintendo consoles. If I were to pick another game, I would also choose the Artix games.

For the music I kind of like Kid Icarus' music, the music is something I would dance to everyday.

Nintendo games are just my personal favorite. I do like some PC RPGs too.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
On occasion, I do play a rather fun game called Sid Meier's Civilization, where you take the place of almost any leader of any civilization of note. As you progress through a game, it gets more and more complicated with diplomacy, advanced technology, nuclear warfare, and United Nations.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
guild wars 2 thought its mature audience
stormy jen silver

Lieutenant
Jun 20, 2013
i got MY favorite:

Graphics: Pokemon X, Y, and Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Animations: Super Smash Bros 3ds

Favorite Mechanic: Move Custimization!

Favorite Video Game in terms of quality: Super Mario Maker!

Ultimatly, my Favorite Video Game would have to be: ROBLOX, because it's similar in Super mario maker and Pirate101 in terms of how you advance. Basicly, you make Games ( Good scripting in Lua Code required)Hence super mario maker, and you can play other people's games and once a day you play, they get 1 tix ( which can be traded for Robux, but i would look on youtube for that) And some even have a storyline or some are figthing games ( like strife Roblox) hence Pirate101.

Ensign
Mar 27, 2012
somewhere between smash 4 and bioshock infinite
even my bad laptop could run bioshock

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
Oh boy! I'm so excited! Fallout 4 is coming out in two days, and so is the Xbox One that comes with it!! I'm so pumped!! Of course, that'll probably be all I'm getting for the next year BUT I DON'T MIND. Geez, I just.. wow. The only thing that could make me more exciting is Book 15 being announced.

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
Fearless Finnagan on Nov 2, 2015 wrote:
On occasion, I do play a rather fun game called Sid Meier's Civilization, where you take the place of almost any leader of any civilization of note. As you progress through a game, it gets more and more complicated with diplomacy, advanced technology, nuclear warfare, and United Nations.
I play that as well

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
That game is so fun! I play it with my brother and my father. My father and I like being peaceful when possible, but my brother...

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Want to hear something funny..... I was killed by the forces of......Gandhi! I was like this seems so.....uncharacteristic.......mercy! Also Egypt declared war on me for moving the Great Pyramid to Berlin.....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
This is one of the "this topic makes me feel old" threads.........

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
I really don't have a favorite, but if I had to guess it be Action/Adventure type fer me.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
DuranteRamses87 on Nov 22, 2015 wrote:
Want to hear something funny..... I was killed by the forces of......Gandhi! I was like this seems so.....uncharacteristic.......mercy! Also Egypt declared war on me for moving the Great Pyramid to Berlin.....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
I got killed by Gandhi too