Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Future Of Pirate101

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Feb 10, 2011
It's been quiet on the Pirate101 front, not even juicy rumors about what's coming or when.

I've seen other games really reach out to their players with "thanks for your patience, this is what we are working on to be released soon" type posts that sometimes includes concept art or things like that. Anything to keep players excited and looking forward to the next update.

With Wizard getting so many updates, special events, sales, mounts, school mounts, new gear, etc, that keep the players excited, it makes me worry for the future of P101.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
For the most part I've been an eternal optimist & co-leader of the P101 pep-squad. I love the game & think what KI has accomplished with P101 is beyond amazing & shows their brilliance. They formulated an equation for great gaming fun & a fantastic virtual voyage that can be enjoyed by all ages, makes, models & walks of life. They should be proud & likewise highly commended. I've written & spouted praises about P101 from the moment my son & I set sails. I will always be fond of it.

I do, however, wish that the promotional side of P101 was handled just a bit more player/customer friendly. Keeping consumers, fans & the faithful following in the loop & engaged along the glorious ride, is a huge part of building a successful...anything. Perhaps KI is stretched a bit too thin to handle the workload that they set out to accomplish for P101...& to keep it afloat. Thin in regards to the crewpower they possess & also thin due to the amount of projects they are tackling at once. It's completely understandable to 'let things marinate' as you work on 'cooking up a delicious morsel of a game'. But long delays are 'easier to swallow', when the ones you are paying hard earned money to, keep you informed in regards to the future of your investment.

I've been away from posting & playing but I do try to read up on things here. What I've found to be a bit discouraging, is that lately there seems to be more KI info & input on what's happening w/ Rise & Destroy than on the game these boards represent. During LIVE events, P101 is often overshadowed & other KI entities take center stage. It is a tad concerning.

If a product is doing well you hype it, promote it, show pride in it's potential & future & keep the faithfuls eager for more...even if it may be delayed by other products in the works. My only wish, is that the promoting of P101 & the excitement surrounding it, was displayed a bit more by the people that bring it to us, the players.

Other than that, I'm still blown away by P101.

Petty Officer
Feb 10, 2011
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Nov 9, 2015 wrote:
For the most part I've been an eternal optimist & co-leader of the P101 pep-squad. I love the game & think what KI has accomplished with P101 is beyond amazing & shows their brilliance. They formulated an equation for great gaming fun & a fantastic virtual voyage that can be enjoyed by all ages, makes, models & walks of life. They should be proud & likewise highly commended. I've written & spouted praises about P101 from the moment my son & I set sails. I will always be fond of it.

I do, however, wish that the promotional side of P101 was handled just a bit more player/customer friendly. Keeping consumers, fans & the faithful following in the loop & engaged along the glorious ride, is a huge part of building a successful...anything. Perhaps KI is stretched a bit too thin to handle the workload that they set out to accomplish for P101...& to keep it afloat. Thin in regards to the crewpower they possess & also thin due to the amount of projects they are tackling at once. It's completely understandable to 'let things marinate' as you work on 'cooking up a delicious morsel of a game'. But long delays are 'easier to swallow', when the ones you are paying hard earned money to, keep you informed in regards to the future of your investment.

I've been away from posting & playing but I do try to read up on things here. What I've found to be a bit discouraging, is that lately there seems to be more KI info & input on what's happening w/ Rise & Destroy than on the game these boards represent. During LIVE events, P101 is often overshadowed & other KI entities take center stage. It is a tad concerning.

If a product is doing well you hype it, promote it, show pride in it's potential & future & keep the faithfuls eager for more...even if it may be delayed by other products in the works. My only wish, is that the promoting of P101 & the excitement surrounding it, was displayed a bit more by the people that bring it to us, the players.

Other than that, I'm still blown away by P101.
I love this game also. It is, by far, my favorite KI game and I used to be a die hard Wizard101 fan along with my son. Even as a grown up with grown up responsibilities, I still look forward to logging in at night to spend some time in game with my trusty crew fighting the good fight.

But I'm closing in on level 57 with my third pirate and getting really antsy about hitting 65 with not even a hint of a new world or new content coming. Even doing all the side quests, that pretty much means I'm looking at "game over" in the very near future.

Some news, updates, sneak peeks, etc., for the faithful players would be really appreciated.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Trimond297 on Nov 6, 2015 wrote:
How about new powers & new more powerful ranks of available talents, attributes & epics to go with these new talents/epics? Let's not forget those. Believe me, we're still in need of many more powers, not just to us pirates, but to our companions, too, & many of our companions need many more powers added.

Oh, and there should be new exclusive quests for our class trainers to receive new powers? There hasn't been those since P101's launch, & they should continue from level 35 & onwards, & until the max cap is reached, & once it's upped again, more class trainer quests will be made, & so on.
Yeah. More class trainer quests would be nice. I was a little sad when they ended at level 35 and didn't continue, but, those are things that for sure take time. If KI adds them, fantastic! If they don't, a little sad, however, understandable.

The companion talents and epics are great! I honestly ended the list more because I was running out of characters. Thanks for contributing to the list!

Ensign
Mar 27, 2012
anecorbie on Nov 3, 2015 wrote:
While I agree with your post, Unfair Angel, there are some points to consider: KingsIsle can not with a snap of a finger suddenly produce a "New World" for us to just play in. Many things must be in place before that could even happen.
The Tower of Moo Manchu, Pirate's Regatta & Ranked PVP obviously took time to create and produce, also we had the introduction of our first housing gauntlet, the Smuggler's Arena. These things are to occupy our time until the storyline updates ( and this may not be a new world, but an expansion of old worlds.)
Remember there are skyways still left unexplored in Monquista and MooShu, so we may be exploring those areas first.
I was also disappointed that the November Newsletter was so skimpy on news. Not even a hint or teaser of an up date.
"Winter is coming" could mean everything or nothing. I hope we don't have to wait until 2016 for our update.
"KingsIsle can not with a snap of a finger suddenly produce a "New World" for us to just play in."
that would be cool though

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
FireMorgan13 on Nov 10, 2015 wrote:
Yeah. More class trainer quests would be nice. I was a little sad when they ended at level 35 and didn't continue, but, those are things that for sure take time. If KI adds them, fantastic! If they don't, a little sad, however, understandable.

The companion talents and epics are great! I honestly ended the list more because I was running out of characters. Thanks for contributing to the list!
They only stopped at level 25, but I really would like them to continue with that starting with level 35 & onward up to their max cap & if it gets raised again from time to time, more are made.

Yes, but you know this doesn't count towards the other quests that had us repeatedly go to our trainers just to finish them & train new powers from their lineup. I'm talking about these kind of quests that have adventure, some stories from our class trainers in their past days with many new lessons to teach & such, & bosses to fight before being rewarded with exclusive new powers.

No prob. Just making sure we don't forget.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Trimond297 on Nov 11, 2015 wrote:
They only stopped at level 25, but I really would like them to continue with that starting with level 35 & onward up to their max cap & if it gets raised again from time to time, more are made.

Yes, but you know this doesn't count towards the other quests that had us repeatedly go to our trainers just to finish them & train new powers from their lineup. I'm talking about these kind of quests that have adventure, some stories from our class trainers in their past days with many new lessons to teach & such, & bosses to fight before being rewarded with exclusive new powers.

No prob. Just making sure we don't forget.
Yeah that's what I was referring to.

Btw, thanks for correcting me. I thought it was levels 25 & 35 at the time of typing my post.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
FireMorgan13 on Nov 12, 2015 wrote:
Yeah that's what I was referring to.

Btw, thanks for correcting me. I thought it was levels 25 & 35 at the time of typing my post.
You're welcome.

Would be nice if KI continues with these kind of quests.

Lieutenant
Feb 08, 2014
Unfair Angel on Nov 3, 2015 wrote:
Broad Topic Eh?
Pirate101 has been out for 3 years now and I believe it is time to step our game up.
When was the last world released? about 2 and a half years ago. Wizard101 keeps getting countless worlds while we sit here with all max levels with full tower gear and ranked pvp. How does this suit us? I think Kingsisle needs to give us a world. I mean literally a new world not like a side world such as Darkmoor in wizard101, we want a truly fun filled world to give us a new start on playing pirate101 in general.
I can give 3 reasons why a new world coming out in 2015 or early 2016 could impact the Pirate101 community in a positive way.
1. A new world would make most people come back to Pirate101 as many have left due to inactivity of updates. This would also help Kingsisle as a company overall to create more fun and exciting content for us all to enjoy!

2. Pirate101 has lacked of updates. As said in my 1st reason, Pirate101 is lacking for updates overall when it comes to general gameplay. As you all know Aquila was the last world we got and we received Aquila about 3 years ago. I think that a new gameplay can help bring Pirates together to make the experience better for everybody!

3. Pirate101 has just repetitive now. No offense, but all we ever do, is just farm tower, ranked pvp, and make new characters. It is the same thing every minute of every hour we play for this game. All we do is achieve the same goals we have achieved before just to end up at the end of Aquila in Captain Avery's office with BoochBeard saying, this is as far as you can go, for now. Is this implying that we are getting a new world? I think it isn't since it has been 3 years, and still, all we are getting New trainers, more sales, and the same stuff over and over again. Why is this so?

Everyone Feel Free to Leave Their Ideas on this Matter as a comment below, I will read through and analyze on this subject as well as your comments to make any improvements of this to get it out there for others to realize and communicate about.

-Yohoho!
-Unfair Angel
See you in the Spiral!
Arggh, indeed Unfair Angel! WE need a new update
All we max 65ers do is squander around chatting, PVP, Moo, Smuggglers, Regatta, r continue old adventures on our noobular pirates.Come KI GIVE US A NEW STORYLINE UPDATE!!!!!!!

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
anecorbie on Nov 3, 2015 wrote:
While I agree with your post, Unfair Angel, there are some points to consider: KingsIsle can not with a snap of a finger suddenly produce a "New World" for us to just play in. Many things must be in place before that could even happen.
The Tower of Moo Manchu, Pirate's Regatta & Ranked PVP obviously took time to create and produce, also we had the introduction of our first housing gauntlet, the Smuggler's Arena. These things are to occupy our time until the storyline updates ( and this may not be a new world, but an expansion of old worlds.)
Remember there are skyways still left unexplored in Monquista and MooShu, so we may be exploring those areas first.
I was also disappointed that the November Newsletter was so skimpy on news. Not even a hint or teaser of an up date.
"Winter is coming" could mean everything or nothing. I hope we don't have to wait until 2016 for our update.
I do agree with you that it would take a while to make a new world (the animations, the dialogue, the new companions/pets, etc.) but I think Unfair Angel did make a fair point that we've been waiting for what, 2,3, years?!
Please continue the storyline Kingsisle! I can't make anymore pirates (I've already made 6!!!) and I hate repeating the 3 rat quests, Gunn's Island, General Tso, Rooke (the hardest of them all!),it just gets really boring after a while (no offense to you, Kingsisle!).

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
anecorbie on Nov 6, 2015 wrote:
"I'm guessing that most of their players ( who are kids ) don't even have a phone."
You'd be surprised.....
My friend's little cousin, who is 4, has an iPhone 5s
you sure about little kids not having phones?

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
furborn74 on Nov 13, 2015 wrote:
My friend's little cousin, who is 4, has an iPhone 5s
you sure about little kids not having phones?
That's just outright silly, but it really shows how much society has changed, and how quickly.

For perspective, I remember seeing an ad for the Blackberry thinking it was awesome and that I was going to get one when I was older.

Now, pretty much everyone at my high school is carrying around either some version of the I-Phone 5 or I-Phone 6. I personally feel at times that all I need is a flip-phone and an MP3 player and consider just giving my I-Phone 4 to somebody else.

I actually still have videotapes in my house. In fact, I remember when I was about 2 or 3 putting in videotapes to watch Thomas the Tank Engine.

Some of the Millennials reading this are probably confused by all this. Videotapes? MP3 Players? Flip-phones? Blackberry like the fruit?

Oh! Anyone remember Blockbuster?

Ensign
Nov 26, 2012
The future looks grim. We had players speculating that the release would be hopefully launched in the entirety of 2014, in early 2015, in the summer of 2015 (an especially apt time for updates), and now, in late 2015. What makes December 2015 different from December 2014? "Winter is coming," as some have noted before, is too broad a phrase to translate into "Polaris is coming." It could mean an update with Christmas housing items and new mounts, perhaps. If a gaming company wanted to notify its existing players of a massive new update, it wouldn't do so with subtle means. Take League of Legends, for example, and their end of season ranked rewards - along with a Q&A and a commenting section in which company employees often respond to player questions about the upcoming rewards. Pirate101 employees seldom do this on "future of pirate101/new world" threads and thus, we cannot confirm their silence as a yes or a no. Speculating does us no good here.
To be blunt, telling good of the KI team and assuaging others' fears that they aren't working on Pirate101 is wishful thinking. Other companies have abandoned their less profitable games in favor of their major games, and KI should be no exception. Pirate101 has what, 2 million members (correct me if I'm wrong)? Wizard101's population dwarfs ours...more than tenfold.
On a darker note: we will never get the same amount of attention as Wizard101 does. Pirate101 has a similar storyline and is set in the same Spiral, and if Wizard101 loses popularity, KI cannot turn to us for income as we are essentially a less important spin-off of Wizard101. This is even shown in our characters' contrasts; wizards are often set at the heart of everything, being the sole ambassador to this-and-this world and Ambrose's pet, etc. Pirates, on the other hand, are often the means to an end for a higher power - a privateer in the service of the Royal Navy or Gortez or etc. I am not critical of this playstyle, but the "center of the universe"

Ensign
Nov 26, 2012
mindset prevalently found in Wizard101 appeals to younger generations - younger generations raised in an America increasingly sheltering them from undesirable influences and generally negative things of all sorts.
I've played both Wizard101 (since its birth, stopping several years back) and Pirate101. I would argue that we as a community shouldn't keep expecting an update any time soon from Pirate101 for reasons listed in my previous post, especially after more than two years when the last update to the storyline only took about a year from founding to implement. Of course, I could be wrong and the update could be unleashed in a month's time, but to hope is demanding too much. Expect nothing for another month, and perhaps if the update does come, you'll be all the happier for it. For now, immerse yourself in farming or just migrate to Wizard101.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
aaronlightwalker on Nov 9, 2015 wrote:
It's been quiet on the Pirate101 front, not even juicy rumors about what's coming or when.

I've seen other games really reach out to their players with "thanks for your patience, this is what we are working on to be released soon" type posts that sometimes includes concept art or things like that. Anything to keep players excited and looking forward to the next update.

With Wizard getting so many updates, special events, sales, mounts, school mounts, new gear, etc, that keep the players excited, it makes me worry for the future of P101.
My guess on that is before they made the MMO Live Team, both teams of W101 & P101 were probably alternating between making updates from either one, & Wizard101 had some many updates, whereas P101 had making their updates at a bit of a slow pace because of it, likely the construction of Khrysalis, the many new bundles W101's been receiving lately, & other updates, such as the Ultra Dungeons.

Now that they made the MMO Live Team, the pace of making updates to P101 will no doubt be accelerated again while they continue to provide updates to W101, & it's new world, Polaris, the first update from the MMO Live Team to W101, while on Test now, is going to be the mark of bringing updates to not just W101, but to P101, too, should they decide to add Polaris in P101 someday.

Right now, we are still waiting for our long overdue second trip to Valencia, & we still need to find the Toymaker, complete our mission to Special Branch & learn how to take down Kane once and for all before the Armada gets the rest of Marco Pollo's Map Pieces. We still need to take down the rest of Kane's Elites before we end Kane for good & get to El Dorado. Our story has to continue some point or other, & we are still awaiting for KI to continue with the P101 story, even if they may provide more improvement updates to keep us busy while they make more story updates.

Don't worry. KI will still provide updates to P101. Don't think they're still not after the formation of KI's MMO Live Team, nor will P101's updates get slowed down even more.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
To some of you still concerning about Pirate101, what is up with their sayings that said, "Ooh, Wizard101 would and maybe and will always remain more popular than Pirate101 or some other games KI would make.", or "They'll just only bring out more Wizard101 updates and less on Pirate101 updates that way 'cause it will always have been and will be their only game they'll do updates from here on out.", or "Wizard101 will probably overshadow Pirate101 in every way.", or, "KingsIsle will still only focus on Wizard101 'cause it's still the best game ever made.", or some such words like these today? It's just plain negative deconstructive thinking about P101's updates, that's what I hear, & that's what gets me a bit worried at times. What is up with these kind of conclusions players keep bringing up these days?

Deeply sorry if I'm a bit too worried about this, everyone. I just felt very nervous and uncomfy while reading some posts about Wizard101 recently. Just remember, it's that kind of negative deconstructive thinking that gets us nowhere, even with what KI still has planned for Pirate101. All that will only do is just hold us back, & keep on holding back if it goes on. Don't even think that they will stop doing updates to Pirate101, or make new MMOs & more mobile games, if possible, because Wizard101 still keeps getting updates in their pipeline. Sure the Pirate101 update pipeline slowed down a bit, but I'm confident that the pipeline will pick up speed again, & get back to it's regular pace of creating updates to Pirate101, albeit at a bit of a faster rate now 'cause they formed the MMO Live Team.

Again, I say this, have faith in KI. I'm sorry I was worried. Pirate101 will still receive updates, & it will continue on, while Wizard101 continues with their updates. KI will not focus less or more on either game because of their MMO Live Team's formation. They'll still do updates to both games at once, not alternate between their two games. Please understand this well.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Just remember, what Professor Falmea meant to say about what she said about Pirate101's story updates, to quote her from P101's recent Producer's Letter about that, "We are working hard to determine the best way to advance the story, increase the level cap, and allow you to forge ahead with your epic voyage..." is that that with the recent updates the game had, & while the main storyline will continue on, & the game will continue to receive polishing, they've still have to settle on a solidified pattern to updating the game's regular, nautical, & pet level caps, how companions will receive more epics in more later certain levels to arrive, 'cause they got more epics from leveling, & so on. Don't think the P101 story won't go forward because of it. Even if it may take slightly longer, improvement updates will still be made, like how they did with the Skull Island quests with the three rats, establish a more paced & better storyline to suit with the main story in it's earlier quests in past Books, for instance.

KI will say word about P101's story when, & only when, KI feels ready to do it. Don't rush them.

What I wouldn't mind for at least that kind of matter to occur to Book 10's quests after "Blasted Desperadoes!", those quests that only had us bring three escaped prisoners back to Fort McMurtry, including Captain Foote(more info from my post in Cool Ranch). They weren't truly exciting & immersive to the main storyline, anyway. Only drags us away to do random tasks, like the old three rat quests formerly did before. That part of the storyline heavily needs reinvigorating to freshen up that part in the storyline, & these quests should be re-formatted into side quests to branch that out from the main storyline's part about Captain Blood's undead fleet & army ravaging Haunted Skyway. Hope at least Leah reads this part.

Well, anyway, remember, it doesn't mean what many are still saying about P101, in a negative way. P101 will still be going strong. Trust them.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I remember the good old days, as a player. When, I frist joined back in late March of 2013 a much, It was a slow progress when I created my frist character Nicole. It was an amazing experience, initially I thought it was well what hawkules said after a quest in that world " Boring. " I really got interested late summer of 2013, who influence me to start this great adventure ? It was Rayan the relentless, I was about to delete some of my characters to restart the free zone, plus other zones I bought up to Scrimshaw. I changed my mind,after that.

If it was not for Rayan, I would not have started the great pirate race.I choose Nicole as my main character, like the lead character.For some reason, I found the class easy to master, at least in my gaming experience. What a profound memories, I had. Last year was fun also, I took a very long break for my main character since she reached max level, upon entering Aquila. I worked with my other characters, the other 4 class, created 6th character last September.On late March this year,I played with my main again to finish the remainder main storyline. I tell you Aquila is/was a struggle,but worth the effort.Initially, I thought there will be a new world to explore. That would been an awesome spring break, I would have.Well I guess, I have to hold on to my main character.For now, I am working on my other characters,on my primary account. I created a second account,to create 3 new characters to work on. Currently, on my second account my highest character Vanessa just entered Monquista. She is a class. I'm looking forward for a new world, and other pirate stuff to come.

Well that's a little of my backstory as a pirate 101 player. Yes,I'm determine to wait for new world to come. At least there is the smuggler's arena, to keep my maxed characters busy,while training my lower leveled characters to become master pirates.

Kane can't hide forever.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I think too much complaining about this game has caused the developers to become discouraged. I mean seriously if this was your job how long could you work at it with people constantly complaining about your work everyday. Even well adjusted adults would become discouraged after a while. No matter what updates or tweaks they give the population they are bombarded with nothing but complaints.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
DuranteRamses87 on Nov 18, 2015 wrote:
I think too much complaining about this game has caused the developers to become discouraged. I mean seriously if this was your job how long could you work at it with people constantly complaining about your work everyday. Even well adjusted adults would become discouraged after a while. No matter what updates or tweaks they give the population they are bombarded with nothing but complaints.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
While I agree that there has been waaay too much complaining in the past, I truly don't think that a lot of it has been unwarranted. I don't like the complaining, bashing or negativity, but where do most complaints stem from...?

Complaining usually arises when concerns are left unanswered. For a long time there were many concerns over where the game was headed, if it was still headed anywhere & as to whether players should keep investing time & money into something that may possibly not 'live on'. The problem is, is that many concerns have gone unanswered by the hardworking KI crew (no doubt they put a ton of time, effort & passion into what they do). So it is only natural for concerns that go unanswered to eventually become complaints.

I'm not agreeing/supporting all the complaints but I do see where they come from. If some of those earlier concerns (and even on going ones) had been better attended to, many of those concerns or worries wouldn't have escalated into complaints. Most that complain just want to get reassurance during the 'merely concerned phase'-- via just a few words, statements, acknowledgements from those in charge (not RB, Decius, Bonnie, Jack & others merely doing their jobs)...but from higher ups that could offer up encouragement with a few timely & reassuring statements along the way.

I do feel that it is unjust to complain to the point of having a negative impact on the game & those bringing us the game. But likewise I feel that some complaining has been more than justified, when all many merely wanted was for concerns to be addressed. It involves people ("well adjusted adults", included) investing money, time & emotion into something that brings them enjoyment. When they fear it is coming to end or their money, time & emotions may be going into something without a future-- it is only natural to be concerned. The concerns only turned to a lot of complaining because, for the most part, there has been no one there to address their concerns.

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
DuranteRamses87 on Nov 18, 2015 wrote:

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
I absolutely agree with your point there DuranteRamses87, though we have waited for 3 years you must still take that into mind. We aren't trying to rush the developers in any sort although it might seem that way. Your view on the situation is that we are trying to rush the developers because of lack of updates. We just care about when/if we get a next update judging by the time it has been since the "last major update" or so.

I can speak for most people on this that by this "topic" in general is seemingly a way to get KI to pump out new worlds for us. The players want to know why the lack of updates is a thing in Pirate101 compared to Wizard101 and why there cant be 2 teams working on the different games, not just 1 team working on Wizard101 and producing the casual side quest update or something like that.

Petty Officer
Feb 10, 2011
I think the people who are here voicing their concerns are the players who truly care about this great game. We've all taken time to come to the forums and write well constructed posts about something we obviously care about. If we didn't care, none of us would have taken the time to do this.

There is something very unique about Pirate101 that, in my opinion, makes it 10x better a game than Wizard101. I would like to see that continue and have Pirate celebrating 10 years of success and beyond.

Right now, we simply have no way of knowing what the future of P101 is because no one is saying anything.

As others have pointed out, many other games are very involved with their player base. For example, a game called Warframe, has a bi-weekly stream with the heads of each department all together talking about the game, answering player questions, but mostly driving the hype train to keep their players excited about upcoming updates, even if those updates are weeks or even months away. And those same game creators are actively involved on the player forums, seeking feedback, asking questions, etc.

Those of us who care simply want to know what's next for our favorite game? How's the development going? What exciting things are coming? I don't find that to be negative at all.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
If I may add, it's not hard work to make new storyline contents.Some of the team need some kind of inspiration, to create something original and exciting. Hard work and creativity goes hand in hand, when comes to making great digital games,not just wizards and pirates,other great digital games as well.

Some of this games you may not herd of but also good, here some examples like pokemon series,The sims series,Shenmue, The Final Fantasy series and for Mature Audiences only The Grand Theft Auto series. Yes this game and many other games, came from creative thinking and it's a challenge to create original ideas.The crew are trying thire best, to make sure a new content runs without too many issues for players to enjoy.Weather it's for casual playing , or a weekend marathon playing.It take a lot of time of efforts,dedication,passion and tinkering to make this and other games to enjoy,just for you pirates,wizards and other gaming fan factions. ( It's worth the wait.) * with a soft whisper in the parentheses*.

Until then happy holidays in advance.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Let's not also forget, Monkrinkx, that with P101's recent updates that changed the way we play P101, KI, while already set the hints on the second trip to Valencia already set in motion, were also doing their best to continue with the story while keeping in line with the recent changes, such as trying to increase the regular, nautical, & pet level caps at once, the way companions receive epics are refined so they will gain more at certain levels along with them still gaining more through promo quests & creating more new powers to companions, & smoothing out the rougher edges that may hit other players in progressing through P101.

I think with all the recent changes to these, KI's been trying to solidify a proper pattern in creating higher level content with the story updates while keeping in line with the recent changes P101's received lately. Just a little upkeep to do with their pattern.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
aaronlightwalker on Nov 19, 2015 wrote:
I think the people who are here voicing their concerns are the players who truly care about this great game. We've all taken time to come to the forums and write well constructed posts about something we obviously care about. If we didn't care, none of us would have taken the time to do this.

There is something very unique about Pirate101 that, in my opinion, makes it 10x better a game than Wizard101. I would like to see that continue and have Pirate celebrating 10 years of success and beyond.

Right now, we simply have no way of knowing what the future of P101 is because no one is saying anything.

As others have pointed out, many other games are very involved with their player base. For example, a game called Warframe, has a bi-weekly stream with the heads of each department all together talking about the game, answering player questions, but mostly driving the hype train to keep their players excited about upcoming updates, even if those updates are weeks or even months away. And those same game creators are actively involved on the player forums, seeking feedback, asking questions, etc.

Those of us who care simply want to know what's next for our favorite game? How's the development going? What exciting things are coming? I don't find that to be negative at all.
Very well said and I agree.

I don't think caring enough to speak out, is a negative thing, either. For me personally, the only issue is the lack of communication and the 'not knowing' factor. Sure, I've been ready for a new world and can't wait to check out anything new-- when presented more time to. But the waiting part I can handle pretty well, it's just the non-informing, especially amidst concerns, part that sets me back a bit

So I agree that caring enough to speak out isn't negative..and in fact is quite the opposite. But there have been many posts/threads, across many threads that push the boundaries, and cross over them as well, and enter into that realm of negativity. To me, those kinds of posts/threads are out of pure frustration...but frustration too, can come from caring about something deeply.

My only point is, that it is ok to even complain a little bit when you care enough to feel concern...and when the concern isn't 'answered' or reassured by anyone. It's only human nature to feel these kinds of emotions when you do care about something and are merely searching for answers. It's the bashing and disrespectful undertones that pop up that aren't productive and take it way too far.

I certainly do understand where you are coming from and think you summed a lot up with your post. The other multiplayer/MMO games I play communicate with the Community on a regular basis and keep players up to speed on the future of their investment and source of joy. When concerns and complaints pop up, someone is there just to say we hear you and we are going to do our best to address your questions or at least shed some light on the matters causing concern.

It's no doubt that P101 is an amazing game and that the KI crew works hard for, and cares about, their Community of players. But it would be wonderfully welcoming to be better informed & communicated with, when it comes to the state of the game and us players continue to progress in a game we love and care deeply for.