Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Future Of Pirate101

AuthorMessage
Admiral
May 30, 2010
FireMorgan13 on Nov 25, 2015 wrote:
"We are working hard to determine the best way to advance the story"-Falmea in the July 2015 Producer's Letter.

There's your "rational reason". They're still working out things to do with the story.

You're forgetting one key difference between W101 and P101, and that is that W101 has been around longer, so they have more money to play with for updates. Whether we like it or not, money makes the world go round. KI, while responsible for both games, can't just move money between the games. They need to pay writers, voice actors, etc. to make each update. They can't just use the same writers and voice actors for each game as each game is vastly different. So, whatever money is earned by W101, stays in the W101 "department" and any money earned by P101 stays in the P101 department. The KI MMO Live team I believe is meant to fix that problem and allow for money from both games to be thrown into one pot.

Unfortunately, before the KML team, W101 was a higher priority due to their increased revenue. It's just easier to get things done faster with more money.

Idk why Blazelifehammer would be concerned about the game closing because his reasoning is just wrong. This game has had updates. In fact, P101 has had 10 updates since May 23rd, 2013. In that time, P101 has added:
-Ranked PvP
-Nautical Gauntlet
-New Trainers
-Captain's Quarters
-Black Market/Scrip
-The ability to leave companions and ships in your house
-Smuggler's Arena
-The Tower of Moo Manchu
-Cool Ranch Stagecoach(as well as an overall revamp)
-The ability to change your flag
-Doubloons(and trading them)
-Team Up!!
-Return to Boss button
-Advanced Pets
-Advanced Companions
-Mark and Recall Buttons
-The New Class Companions(Fan Flanders)
-Expansion to the 3 rat quests
-Group Chests
-Change to power Animations/Descriptions
-Accessory Slot!!
-Glancing Blow
-Ship Damage=Enemy Damage
-Standards
-Henchmen
-Gifting
-Class Houses/Furniture Sets
-House Teleports
-Unstitiching
-Yum-a-Nade
And many other things.
Those are fluff. There is no evidence that a new book is coming out. Of course he's concerned; many of us are. Lots of us are losing patience AND hope.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Dec 5, 2015 wrote:
Trimond gave us this gem:

I'm sure they got something for winter. Professor Falmea said in her recent Falmea Friday post...

"We’re working on some things behind the scenes here that I’d probably get told to walk the plank if I peeped about... ...There are some exciting things we’re just waiting on the right time to unveil, and the waiting is the hardest part."

Yep. Waiting so very, very eagerly for yet more fluff, I am. Can hardly stand the excitement of seeing what new and sparkly thing they've done for the PvP I couldn't be less interested in.

I'll believe they're going to update the game when someone from KI comes right out and says so. As in "The test realm is live for the new world" says so, not "go check out what else we've done for the boring PvP and yet more gauntlets you'll need to go through over and over and over again because you've run out of story to play."
I wouldn't mind KI making & adding another new gauntlet to test our skills, or more content changes. Long as they keep us busy while they bring out more story updates, I'm fine with it.

Still, thanks for the reminder I gave out, Fiorenza. We all have to stay positive, not keep bringing out the negative.

We'll soon see the Test Realm up again. That we know.

Lieutenant
Nov 11, 2012
theres 2 reasons

1. wizard101 will get finished first

ORR......

2. there will be a SUPER BIG updade with possibly even 3 worlds, maybe some other place like moo manchu, and posibly even more classes.

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
Those are fluff. There is no evidence that a new book is coming out. Of course he's concerned; many of us are. Lots of us are losing patience AND hope.
No Evidence that a new Book is coming out?
I made this topic to let players be confident that a new book is coming out how radical it may ever be; we all together want B15 to come out but saying that "There is no evidence that a new book is coming out" isn't supporting the main topic reason. I don't believe that of any words Fine Morgan said were "fluff" and that he is only supporting the existence in the making of B15 that is until next time and we are waiting. We aren't necessarily losing patience; we just want B15 out and if you read back at old posts on this topic, you can see we clearly clarified with Bonnie Anne that we will be patient and are definitely not trying to rush KI in any way but rather give them a friendly reminder that us pirates still exist and there are not just wizards in the spiral. I think hope has become even larger since the creation of this topic to help pirates discuss B15 as an important matter and to assure others to not become hopeless in the creation of new updates in Pirate101

-Fair Sailing Friends

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Unfair Angel on Dec 7, 2015 wrote:
I made this topic to let players be confident that a new book is coming out how radical it may ever be; we all together want B15 to come out but saying that "There is no evidence that a new book is coming out" isn't supporting the main topic reason. I don't believe that of any words Fine Morgan said were "fluff" and that he is only supporting the existence in the making of B15 that is until next time and we are waiting. We aren't necessarily losing patience; we just want B15 out and if you read back at old posts on this topic, you can see we clearly clarified with Bonnie Anne that we will be patient and are definitely not trying to rush KI in any way but rather give them a friendly reminder that us pirates still exist and there are not just wizards in the spiral. I think hope has become even larger since the creation of this topic to help pirates discuss B15 as an important matter and to assure others to not become hopeless in the creation of new updates in Pirate101

-Fair Sailing Friends
Is there no room for honesty in this post? If we're not feeling happy with things in the "status quo", we're to keep these feeling hidden and just go "rah, rah, KI!" ???

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Unfair Angel on Dec 7, 2015 wrote:

-Fair Sailing Friends
Exactly the point. We all need to, and have to, stay positive, not bring out more negative talking. Otherwise, this post would have been locked up.

If it hadn't been for the Wizards creating the events that led to P101's events, to those that played through the Five B.O.X.E.S. quests, the Pirates that are sailing through the Skyways & worlds of the Spiral, & even face many evil opponents on their way, wouldn't have existed today, & the events that intertwine between W101 & P101's timelines, & maybe more, would not have occurred.

We all still enjoy Wizard101 today, but, not everything has to be about Wizard101 & such. We still have to support Pirate101, no matter what. We can't leave everything to Wizards to handle every adventure Pirates must, & will, have, & others. They have far more important matters to tend to, & we have to remember that.

Remember, KI formed their MMO Live Team to work on W101 & P101's updates simultaneously at the same time, instead of alternating between their games through their separate teams. We need to give them confidence & faith, like how they do so for us.

Book 15 will come, Pirates. It won't be long before we get to see our nautical voyage continue, just as our wizardly adventures do. Remember, stay positive & have confidence & faith in KI.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Dec 7, 2015 wrote:
Exactly the point. We all need to, and have to, stay positive, not bring out more negative talking. Otherwise, this post would have been locked up.

If it hadn't been for the Wizards creating the events that led to P101's events, to those that played through the Five B.O.X.E.S. quests, the Pirates that are sailing through the Skyways & worlds of the Spiral, & even face many evil opponents on their way, wouldn't have existed today, & the events that intertwine between W101 & P101's timelines, & maybe more, would not have occurred.

We all still enjoy Wizard101 today, but, not everything has to be about Wizard101 & such. We still have to support Pirate101, no matter what. We can't leave everything to Wizards to handle every adventure Pirates must, & will, have, & others. They have far more important matters to tend to, & we have to remember that.

Remember, KI formed their MMO Live Team to work on W101 & P101's updates simultaneously at the same time, instead of alternating between their games through their separate teams. We need to give them confidence & faith, like how they do so for us.

Book 15 will come, Pirates. It won't be long before we get to see our nautical voyage continue, just as our wizardly adventures do. Remember, stay positive & have confidence & faith in KI.
If you don't want to hear "negativity" on how KI has delayed producing a story line update in two and a half years, then don't make posts about the "Future of P101"! People are frustrated and concerned and need to express this, telling them to NOT express their concerns ( in a post expressly about what they're concerned about ) is censorship!
We are free to express our opinions on these boards negatively or otherwise, as long as we keep to the rules, telling me or others "keep quiet, don't rock the boat, or else KI will lock the post." is bogus! It's better locked if the only opinions heard are coming from one source and no others can state a differing opinion!
I would have more faith in KI if they were more communicative.

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
anecorbie on Dec 7, 2015 wrote:
If you don't want to hear "negativity" on how KI has delayed producing a story line update in two and a half years, then don't make posts about the "Future of P101"! People are frustrated and concerned and need to express this, telling them to NOT express their concerns ( in a post expressly about what they're concerned about ) is censorship!
We are free to express our opinions on these boards negatively or otherwise, as long as we keep to the rules, telling me or others "keep quiet, don't rock the boat, or else KI will lock the post." is bogus! It's better locked if the only opinions heard are coming from one source and no others can state a differing opinion!
Your absolutely right but still, sometimes we can have faith without a sign or anything to conclude a confirmation on such subject at all, you just have to believe in KI.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Well, of course. It's just that... (sigh) ...we just don't need too much negativity in one post. I just don't want others to be felt down too much. To hang on to it for too long can be unhealthy for anyone & could anchor them down from moving forward.

I apologize about this. I just don't want to be felt too down after reading some of their posts that brought higher doubt & greater concern to the point where some feel that way a bit too much to even move forward.

Believe me, I know some of KI's long periods of silence can be worrisome to many, & I know they would like to be more communicative with us, but, there are certain things they have to work on & remain quiet until they're properly ready to show it to us all, so as to not to spoil their work time & have to do it all over again.

Let's just keep having faith in KI. It's fine to share a little concern. Just not too much.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
I side with you here. Although some of us don't like hearing negativity, it still exists and needs to be addressed.

(to everyone on the board) KI won't lock the board unless we reach a point when it's "no longer constructive". We mustn't confuse an opposing opinion with "argumentative rudeness", or rudeness just for the sake of argument. So I welcome all negativity and positivity, as long as we don't go at each others' throats.

Ensign
Mar 29, 2013
I'm trying to keep away the negativity from myself and posting that negativity on the boards, but..

did anyone see for the 12 days of spiral whatever a video from "all of kingsisle" that didn't mention pirate101 at all?? it's posted on pirates' page - an kingsisle is the runner of both games.. why not include pirates?

I'll keep holding faith, but my bank account can't keep paying for a farce any much longer.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
FireMorgan13 on Dec 7, 2015 wrote:
I side with you here. Although some of us don't like hearing negativity, it still exists and needs to be addressed.

(to everyone on the board) KI won't lock the board unless we reach a point when it's "no longer constructive". We mustn't confuse an opposing opinion with "argumentative rudeness", or rudeness just for the sake of argument. So I welcome all negativity and positivity, as long as we don't go at each others' throats.
Yes. All we ask from KI is to continue on with the P101 storyline. Our nautical adventures need to continue at some point or other. Let's just keep going forward.

(to everyone on the board) We all know some of KI's devs have been idle from the P101 boards for a long time, like Blind Mew, & that's always a bit concerning to us, even me, just remember, they're still working on P101, & they'll give the word on them, once they're properly ready to show them to us.

At least they should say some words to us to let us know they're still around in the forums. We still support you all, KI!

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
FireMorgan13 on Nov 6, 2015 wrote:
As I see it, there are about 3 types of people on the boards when approaching this subject of a new world:

1. People who wonder why we haven't had a world in 2 years, 5 months, 1 week, and 6 days and post boards like these.

2. People who have tried to be patient and enjoyed the updates and are now growing restless.

3. People like me who are take every update as a sign that our world will be approaching us and the KI hasn't given up hope.

Seriously, KI has given us updates at all. Toontown didn't do anything for at least 2 years before it went belly up. Don't look at updates with disappointment that there's no new worlds, but rather with joy that KI still pays us mind and is trying their best to keep us paying. As a person who enjoys creative writing, it's hard to get that perfect story. Sometimes you strike an epiphany, and other times no matter how many times you flip it or twist it, it just feels like it's getting nowhere. The writing team has hit a rough patch, but with this new KI MMO Live Team, perhaps we can get out of the rough, and onto the smooth.

I could list a long list of positives that a world would bring to the community, however keep in mind that KI can't just build a new world on the dime. There is a long and rigorous process that goes into this.

There needs to be a story for the new world.
There need to be side quests
There need to be enemies, companions & NPCs.
There need to be promotions that come with a new level cap.
There need to be new talents/epics for the new level cap.
There need to be tests for this new world and its contents.
There needs to be art and animation for the new world.
There need to be voice actors to record the dialogue.
There needs to be a dialogue written for main quests, side quests, and promotions.
I'm likely forgetting some things, but this is a good idea of what goes down for these worlds.

Look at the benefits of new trainers. Pirates can now get relentless, something unheard of before.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65
Yeah, Not easy to make an MMO.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
HelenaQ on Dec 8, 2015 wrote:
I'm trying to keep away the negativity from myself and posting that negativity on the boards, but..

did anyone see for the 12 days of spiral whatever a video from "all of kingsisle" that didn't mention pirate101 at all?? it's posted on pirates' page - an kingsisle is the runner of both games.. why not include pirates?

I'll keep holding faith, but my bank account can't keep paying for a farce any much longer.
If that is the same video I think you are referring to...it was made before Pirate101 even launched (2011...that's why). It should not only be updated next year for the reason you mentioned, but several of those employees in the video no longer work for KI.

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
Trimond297 on Dec 9, 2015 wrote:
Yes. All we ask from KI is to continue on with the P101 storyline. Our nautical adventures need to continue at some point or other. Let's just keep going forward.

(to everyone on the board) We all know some of KI's devs have been idle from the P101 boards for a long time, like Blind Mew, & that's always a bit concerning to us, even me, just remember, they're still working on P101, & they'll give the word on them, once they're properly ready to show them to us.

At least they should say some words to us to let us know they're still around in the forums. We still support you all, KI!
I see what you mean on how their absence would be proved by the fact that they are working on the game, but can we at least get a 'hello' from Blind Mew? I think this would be a comfort to many people, including me.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Do you guys all know that one quite guy he usually doesn't say much, they are reserved and won't approach

I see this personality as KI but just wait until the show us wait they have because it will be incredible just like when you finally talk to the shady guy who has a bunch of cool stuff to chat about and show you, remember there can't be light at the end of the tunnel without the wretched journey through it

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
dk4vision on Jan 5, 2016 wrote:
I see what you mean on how their absence would be proved by the fact that they are working on the game, but can we at least get a 'hello' from Blind Mew? I think this would be a comfort to many people, including me.
Yeah. At least a "Hello" from Blind Mew would be nice. It's been long since he spoke on the forums.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I do partially agree, the new stuff has been great but how much of that effects the storyline, it's a bit of reskin here and reskin there, a new system here and that's it, yeah it's fun I like the new stuff but with no hint of a new update not even a medium sized sentence, of course we are losing hope, I think a storyline update could take another year, and by then I don't want to say it but I may have quit the game for good

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 7, 2016 wrote:
I do partially agree, the new stuff has been great but how much of that effects the storyline, it's a bit of reskin here and reskin there, a new system here and that's it, yeah it's fun I like the new stuff but with no hint of a new update not even a medium sized sentence, of course we are losing hope, I think a storyline update could take another year, and by then I don't want to say it but I may have quit the game for good
Ok, I should've addressed this sooner, but since it's being brought up again, I'll address it now.

My post was simply to point out a flaw with Blazelifehammer's reasoning.

Stormblade604 said "I was watching a video on Pirate101 by Blazelifehammer and he was scared that they were going to CLOSE THE GAME because of the lack of updates". Now, my response was simply to point out that he was wrong and that there HAD been updates since Aquila and Marleybone.

Now, should concern come up because of a lack of STORY updates? Logically. Did Blaze elaborate to say he was referring to story updates later that video? Possibly (I haven't watched it, so I don't know).

However, the amount of information that Stormblade included in his post made when using Blaze's video for evidence, made the reasoning wrong, which calls into question the validity of Blaze's concern.

Now, let me clarify. The lack of STORY updates is a legitimate concern. I am in no way trying to say otherwise. I was pointing out that there had been updates without story content since MB and AQ since there wasn't specification in Stormblade's post.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
FireMorgan13 on Jan 7, 2016 wrote:
Ok, I should've addressed this sooner, but since it's being brought up again, I'll address it now.

My post was simply to point out a flaw with Blazelifehammer's reasoning.

Stormblade604 said "I was watching a video on Pirate101 by Blazelifehammer and he was scared that they were going to CLOSE THE GAME because of the lack of updates". Now, my response was simply to point out that he was wrong and that there HAD been updates since Aquila and Marleybone.

Now, should concern come up because of a lack of STORY updates? Logically. Did Blaze elaborate to say he was referring to story updates later that video? Possibly (I haven't watched it, so I don't know).

However, the amount of information that Stormblade included in his post made when using Blaze's video for evidence, made the reasoning wrong, which calls into question the validity of Blaze's concern.

Now, let me clarify. The lack of STORY updates is a legitimate concern. I am in no way trying to say otherwise. I was pointing out that there had been updates without story content since MB and AQ since there wasn't specification in Stormblade's post.
I was just putting forward my opinion on what was said

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Perhaps they are writing the dialogues still. That takes a while.....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
DuranteRamses87 on Jan 9, 2016 wrote:
Perhaps they are writing the dialogues still. That takes a while.....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Yeah the writing woukd clearly be a burden, side quests and promotions wouldn't be a breeze, but at least tell us this is what is taking them so long

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Pirate101 has been changing over the past few years (based mostly on player feedback, I might add) with faster travel and Fast Combat, and Advanced Pets & Advanced Companions, and finally Ranked PvP:

Players don't like large crews, they think most companions are worthless and too expensive to keep leveled? How do we go into the next world and address that concern?

Players think combat takes too long, epic animations take too long, too many enemies are added to the battle board when there is a full team of four? How do we go into the next world and address that concern?

Players don't like sailing their ships from place to place because it takes too long, and they don't like nautical battles -- too much button mashing, cool downs are too long, there is no strategy involved, they just let the enemy board? How to address this concern in the next world?

Players think (insert pirate class here) is over/underpowered. (Insert power name here) needs to be buffed/nerfed? How to address this concern in the next world?

Players want a storyline update, but it's been so long their expectations are going to be through the roof? We've got fewer staff and another, more popular game to keep updated, and (insert other crisis) going on...

How do we release the next world and not disappoint half of our remaining player base?

Yeah... not easy...

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Willowydream on Jan 20, 2016 wrote:
Pirate101 has been changing over the past few years (based mostly on player feedback, I might add) with faster travel and Fast Combat, and Advanced Pets & Advanced Companions, and finally Ranked PvP:

Players don't like large crews, they think most companions are worthless and too expensive to keep leveled? How do we go into the next world and address that concern?

Players think combat takes too long, epic animations take too long, too many enemies are added to the battle board when there is a full team of four? How do we go into the next world and address that concern?

Players don't like sailing their ships from place to place because it takes too long, and they don't like nautical battles -- too much button mashing, cool downs are too long, there is no strategy involved, they just let the enemy board? How to address this concern in the next world?

Players think (insert pirate class here) is over/underpowered. (Insert power name here) needs to be buffed/nerfed? How to address this concern in the next world?

Players want a storyline update, but it's been so long their expectations are going to be through the roof? We've got fewer staff and another, more popular game to keep updated, and (insert other crisis) going on...

How do we release the next world and not disappoint half of our remaining player base?

Yeah... not easy...
I understand this and I agree, however there's no excuse for not communicating with the playerbase.

Whatever happen, the (bad) deed is done either way.