Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Does Noh gives Egg his Map Piece back? Really?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
While on the quest, "Turnabout", after defeating Doctor Noh, I had a little query about Doctor Noh. Does he really give Egg Foo Yung his stolen piece of Marco Pollo's Map back after he hired the ninja that took it from him & brought the Piece to General Tso unexpectedly? Really?

My answer, is no. He does not. In fact, I don't think he ever aided Egg in getting the Map Piece from General Tso. He only told Egg where the Map Piece went, & as we already know, he sold it to the Armada, with Rooke obtaining it before we could even get that back from him.

Plus, he's an unlockable Crown Shop companion, so there's no surprise that the villain who was defeated doesn't do his promise of getting Egg's Map Piece back.

Clearly, Doctor Noh's dialogue lines may need some revising in that quest, so it will be a bit more clear about Noh revealing where the Map Piece is & how he showed Egg the location to it, on Tso's fortress on Khotan.

I was thinking about how he should say for revising his dialogue in that quest...

"Set me free, and I will tell you what happened to it. General Tso has it - he plans to trade it to the Armada for gold and guns!

An Armada ship fleet has already arrived through the Stormgate from Valencia to Hamamitsu not long ago, before any of this happened, and is already on it's way to meet Tso as we speak!

General Tso has already contacted them, and is planning to make the trade with them in his fortress, on the island that is named after this Skyway's name, Khotan, upon their arrival.

With the new shipment of weapons already on his way, General Tso plans on seizing the Imperial City, ousting our sleeping Emperor, and ruling all of MooShu for himself!

If you set me free, I can give you the directions to General Tso's fortress on Khotan, which is not far from here, I'll leave quietly, and we can forget this ever happened! Agreed?"

Well, Noh's dialogue revision would make it more clear about revealing what happened to Egg's Map Piece and showing Egg where it's gone. Besides, he really doesn't do his part of recovering the stolen Piece, anyway. I've done some logical thinking on it, & realized it now.

What do you think, Pirates?

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
I don't understand the purpose of this topic, sorry. Doctor Noh was General Tso's henchmen to aid in getting him the map leading to El Dorado. No, he never gave Egg his map back.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Unfair Angel on Nov 27, 2015 wrote:
I don't understand the purpose of this topic, sorry. Doctor Noh was General Tso's henchmen to aid in getting him the map leading to El Dorado. No, he never gave Egg his map back.
Let me make this plain.

We defeated Noh, and Egg placed him in his cage, and Noh doesn't give his Map piece back, because he already had hired the ninjas that took his piece and gave it to Tso, which occurred before some events that led to the revolt against Tso, and a ship of the Armada that carried Rooke arrived through the Skyway to Valencia in Hamamitsu was on it's way to Tso's fortress in Khotan, both in the skyway & the island named after the skyway itself, once they brought gold and weapons so Tso would use the weapons to oust MooShu's sleeping Emperor Yoshihito and rule MooShu for himself. Noh should reveal the location to Egg's stolen Map piece after he was captured.

Does this clear it up?

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Trimond297 on Dec 1, 2015 wrote:
Let me make this plain.

We defeated Noh, and Egg placed him in his cage, and Noh doesn't give his Map piece back, because he already had hired the ninjas that took his piece and gave it to Tso, which occurred before some events that led to the revolt against Tso, and a ship of the Armada that carried Rooke arrived through the Skyway to Valencia in Hamamitsu was on it's way to Tso's fortress in Khotan, both in the skyway & the island named after the skyway itself, once they brought gold and weapons so Tso would use the weapons to oust MooShu's sleeping Emperor Yoshihito and rule MooShu for himself. Noh should reveal the location to Egg's stolen Map piece after he was captured.

Does this clear it up?
Noh probably did 'Noh' (Ha, puns!) the location of the map piece. Discreet trading, especially in places like Japan, where honor was very important, has a cardinal rule: I give you this, you give me that. No questions asked. Tso probably didn't inquire or hear of where rookie was going, and frankly he probably didn't care. He was too busy enjoying his new weaponry.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Fearless Finnagan on Dec 2, 2015 wrote:
Noh probably did 'Noh' (Ha, puns!) the location of the map piece. Discreet trading, especially in places like Japan, where honor was very important, has a cardinal rule: I give you this, you give me that. No questions asked. Tso probably didn't inquire or hear of where rookie was going, and frankly he probably didn't care. He was too busy enjoying his new weaponry.
And that he was too busy planning to overthrow Emperor Yoshihito for himself with the weaponry while he was ill with Malistaire's magic.

Even if Tso would have, he would doubtless defy Moo Manchu's orders at his own will, because he was the one who had Tso made his own civil war that would leave him his path to the throne.