Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

PvP Royale Fixes

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 08, 2013
People get to champ just through repeated royale with their partner(s). There needs to be a rule that pirates can only attack another guy one at a time, (one captain's crew can go for another's but his "partner" can't jump him to give an unfair advantage). I think that would be a better way of doing royale, you can't change human behavior but you can change the rules of the game to make it fair and give them a way to actually earn their champion weapons. If you look in the spar chamber there are PLENTY of people who got their champ weapons by cheating in royale, it is ridiculous it needs fixing because it is getting out of hand. There are many flaws to my new proposal but you people at KI can figure something out can't you? Maybe like another pirate has to wait 2 rounds to attack a recently attacked opponent?

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
I agree something should be done... maybe reducing reward would be a start, it takes more effort to win 1 vs 1 than team up with a partner I suppose.

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
swashbuckler347 on Dec 14, 2015 wrote:
People get to champ just through repeated royale with their partner(s). There needs to be a rule that pirates can only attack another guy one at a time, (one captain's crew can go for another's but his "partner" can't jump him to give an unfair advantage). I think that would be a better way of doing royale, you can't change human behavior but you can change the rules of the game to make it fair and give them a way to actually earn their champion weapons. If you look in the spar chamber there are PLENTY of people who got their champ weapons by cheating in royale, it is ridiculous it needs fixing because it is getting out of hand. There are many flaws to my new proposal but you people at KI can figure something out can't you? Maybe like another pirate has to wait 2 rounds to attack a recently attacked opponent?
That ruins the whole point of Battle Royale. Battle Royale is Free for all, make an alliance if you want that is just their strategy if you are annoyed by this find an alliance yourself or do 1v1 ranked pvp or practice. KI isn't going to just simply change Battle Royale forever.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
I just want to point out that you can't "partner" to Champion. There is only one winner of a Battle Royale, so the more times you partner with someone (and they lose for you) the more likely you are to not get matched with them at later ranks (because they are downranking). So this issue might exist at Contender, but I doubt this is happening at later ranks (unless legitimate Champions are working together).

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2011
Oran from Urz on Dec 15, 2015 wrote:
I just want to point out that you can't "partner" to Champion. There is only one winner of a Battle Royale, so the more times you partner with someone (and they lose for you) the more likely you are to not get matched with them at later ranks (because they are downranking). So this issue might exist at Contender, but I doubt this is happening at later ranks (unless legitimate Champions are working together).
Actually, for battle royale, the matching does not seem to be as stringent as it is in 1v1, so a high ranked person will often match with a low ranked one in royale. And also, people at high rank do work together, with one coming in first place and the other coming in second place in royale. That way, the second place person will not really lose any rank, or may even gain some.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Actually, is this cheating? A temporary alliance between two pirates ( friends or not ) isn't unheard of. It's been going on since Battle Royale was implemented. I'm very sure KI knew that 'partnerships' were likely to happen when they put this aspect of PVP into the game.
But now in Battle Royale, it's not always sure that it will be 4 pirates battling against each other, more often you get 3 in a Battle Royale; this is when it becomes a 2 vs 1 situation and unless that one pirate is very good ( or lucky ) the partnership will win & the 2 friends determine who will throw the battle. By trading off wins they could reach Champion this way. As such, this is clearly an abuse of the system, but how can KI prevent it?

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
100% with you this is so bad in fact that I no longer can even pull people in 1v1

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
anecorbie on Dec 15, 2015 wrote:
Actually, is this cheating? A temporary alliance between two pirates ( friends or not ) isn't unheard of. It's been going on since Battle Royale was implemented. I'm very sure KI knew that 'partnerships' were likely to happen when they put this aspect of PVP into the game.
But now in Battle Royale, it's not always sure that it will be 4 pirates battling against each other, more often you get 3 in a Battle Royale; this is when it becomes a 2 vs 1 situation and unless that one pirate is very good ( or lucky ) the partnership will win & the 2 friends determine who will throw the battle. By trading off wins they could reach Champion this way. As such, this is clearly an abuse of the system, but how can KI prevent it?
Some times these people will even use 3 pirates so it's a 3v1 really is destroying pvp some thing has to be done make royale practice pvp for fun.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
stormy quentin ver... on Dec 15, 2015 wrote:
Actually, for battle royale, the matching does not seem to be as stringent as it is in 1v1, so a high ranked person will often match with a low ranked one in royale. And also, people at high rank do work together, with one coming in first place and the other coming in second place in royale. That way, the second place person will not really lose any rank, or may even gain some.
Your comment seems to be subjective, given you can't see the other person's rank.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2011
Oran from Urz on Dec 17, 2015 wrote:
Your comment seems to be subjective, given you can't see the other person's rank.
No, it is objective because I know my own rank and some of the others' as well.

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
Oran from Urz on Dec 17, 2015 wrote:
Friends screen shot people showing and you tube if you come in 2nd place in royale you lose barly any rank! Also it is very possible for contenders to be put vs champs in royale.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
the midnightpirate on Dec 17, 2015 wrote:
Friends screen shot people showing and you tube if you come in 2nd place in royale you lose barly any rank! Also it is very possible for contenders to be put vs champs in royale.
Again, my point isn't that contenders could not be matched with Champions, just that it isn't possible for two people to battle royale together on every single match all the way to Champion. None of the comments in this thread have proven that it is possible. Even if you are down ranking slightly...you are still down ranking. Your chances of consistently being matched with the same person goes down too. Just like in Wizard101 1v1, if two players of equal level and equal rank are queued...they will be matched together faster than those who aren't.

I've personally waited over an hour staring at a battle royale queue stating "2 of 3 players" when others in the PvP room have stated they were queued (and subsequently got matches). So there are at least a few instances where you are not guaranteed a match with any available player seeking a match.

Also similar to Wizard101, if the system is taking longer than usual to get a match together....it usually means it will be uneven (if you even actually end up in a match).

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
Oran from Urz on Dec 19, 2015 wrote:
Again, my point isn't that contenders could not be matched with Champions, just that it isn't possible for two people to battle royale together on every single match all the way to Champion. None of the comments in this thread have proven that it is possible. Even if you are down ranking slightly...you are still down ranking. Your chances of consistently being matched with the same person goes down too. Just like in Wizard101 1v1, if two players of equal level and equal rank are queued...they will be matched together faster than those who aren't.

I've personally waited over an hour staring at a battle royale queue stating "2 of 3 players" when others in the PvP room have stated they were queued (and subsequently got matches). So there are at least a few instances where you are not guaranteed a match with any available player seeking a match.

Also similar to Wizard101, if the system is taking longer than usual to get a match together....it usually means it will be uneven (if you even actually end up in a match).
In royale what they do is team then they will team on who ever they are vs and win then they will let some one win who they are teamed win and the person that lets the winner win only loses 10 points at most and it's rare to lose points some times you will get points for coming in 2nd then they do the same thing but the person that let the person win wins this time and gets around 20-15 points they keep doing this and rank up as a team and you not pulling any one could of been off timing.