Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How ti improve Witchdoctor's

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Nov 21, 2010
I thought of a really cool idea that would improve WD's drastically.

Imagine if we could do two things during our turn. We are wielders of powerful Mojo that is only comprehensible by us.

Our actions would be divided on movement, neutral power (defenses, buffs, debuffs...) and attack powers (everything that deals damage). Now WD's would be able to do two actions in one round i.e. buff and attack, debuff and attack, move and buff, and so on.

We could learn to master this ability during the progress of the game. Name of the talent could be named Focus or Multi-Task, and it would be available only to WD's. No gear would have that talent.

Btw we are still eagerly expecting some sort of help in the PvP.

Stubborn Duncan Freeman

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2013
I really want the original "Turn the tide into their hands in just one round" original concept back. I feel as if some of the Witchdoctor's power aren't that great.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Only if I can attack and buff too on same turn......... Can you imagine the debauchery I could cause? Intense!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Duncan StormThief on Dec 25, 2015 wrote:

Imagine if we could do two things during our turn. We are wielders of powerful Mojo that is only comprehensible by us.

Our actions would be divided on movement, neutral power (defenses, buffs, debuffs...) and attack powers (everything that deals damage). Now WD's would be able to do two actions in one round i.e. buff and attack, debuff and attack, move and buff, and so on.

We could learn to master this ability during the progress of the game. Name of the talent could be named Focus or Multi-Task, and it would be available only to WD's. No gear would have that talent.

Stubborn Duncan Freeman
Way too over powered, mate; especially since this is a talent you're describing, there are no other classes with this ability ( currently ) of buff & attack. Even SB have to wait the next round after using any "hide" to attack.
I know you want some way to get a true advantage to WD's ( and believe me I do agree with this ) but not by unbalancing the classes.
When KI developers have managed to fix the bug that was preventing the use of "Charm" & "Charming Gaze ", you will have a very potent power in your arsenal!

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
Duncan StormThief on Dec 25, 2015 wrote:

Stubborn Duncan Freeman
I respect your ideas Duncan but this would be overpowered
say for instance there is a scratch buff on flow mojo flow the one that gives about 260 mojo to witchdoctors
now if we take this can a witch doctor use 2 mournsongs per turn? a mournsong with max scratch buff is about 1200 damage so 2 of them is 2400 damage that's almost all the enemies health in one turn which is extremely unfair to begin with and if the witch is using the serpent from Aquila that has mournsong that is about 3000 damage in one turn in PvP which is the most overpowered thing ever so they could one turn pirates second turn or even first turn of the match. I like the idea but for now it just seems way too strong and it would give witch an extremely unfair advantage in PvP thus it should not be a thing or it should be optional or something like a debuff happens when witchdoctors use it. So for now I think it is back to the drawing board unless KI could maneuver through this topic to find a way to implement this into the live game without making the witchdoctor an overpowered class.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
anecorbie on Dec 26, 2015 wrote:
Way too over powered, mate; especially since this is a talent you're describing, there are no other classes with this ability ( currently ) of buff & attack. Even SB have to wait the next round after using any "hide" to attack.
I know you want some way to get a true advantage to WD's ( and believe me I do agree with this ) but not by unbalancing the classes.
When KI developers have managed to fix the bug that was preventing the use of "Charm" & "Charming Gaze ", you will have a very potent power in your arsenal!
Yup, just like Anecorbie mentioned....when Charm goes live for PvP....WDs will definitely have their advantage.

I still have horrible flashbacks from the first run in Moo's Tower.

Lieutenant
Nov 21, 2010
Unfair Angel on Dec 28, 2015 wrote:
say for instance there is a scratch buff on flow mojo flow the one that gives about 260 mojo to witchdoctors
now if we take this can a witch doctor use 2 mournsongs per turn? a mournsong with max scratch buff is about 1200 damage so 2 of them is 2400 damage that's almost all the enemies health in one turn which is extremely unfair to begin with and if the witch is using the serpent from Aquila that has mournsong that is about 3000 damage in one turn in PvP which is the most overpowered thing ever so they could one turn pirates second turn or even first turn of the match. I like the idea but for now it just seems way too strong and it would give witch an extremely unfair advantage in PvP thus it should not be a thing or it should be optional or something like a debuff happens when witchdoctors use it. So for now I think it is back to the drawing board unless KI could maneuver through this topic to find a way to implement this into the live game without making the witchdoctor an overpowered class.
From the moment I thought of this I knew it is overpowered.

I count on you guys to suggest if (hypothetically) this is supposed to be implanted, what would the restriction be? Maybe it can be a power that allows this action for 3 turns?

I got an idea from board game called Wiz-War. The mechanics are not the same, but it kind a reminds on the usage of one neutral and one attack power during the playing phase. And WD's are lacking that something extra that makes them special imo.

Sincerely,
Stubborn Duncan Freeman

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
Duncan StormThief on Dec 29, 2015 wrote:
From the moment I thought of this I knew it is overpowered.

I count on you guys to suggest if (hypothetically) this is supposed to be implanted, what would the restriction be? Maybe it can be a power that allows this action for 3 turns?

I got an idea from board game called Wiz-War. The mechanics are not the same, but it kind a reminds on the usage of one neutral and one attack power during the playing phase. And WD's are lacking that something extra that makes them special imo.

Sincerely,
Stubborn Duncan Freeman
Yes, it could be possibly implemented in the game through creating a negative consequence for using the power after the 3 turns. Something like this could be as follows: -50% will or damage for 2 rounds or maybe the inability to use a certain power for a number of turns.

Ensign
Feb 24, 2013
Ok, so I had a couple of thoughts on how to give small advantages to witchdoctors that could make them a little more viable in the future.
1. Give Mormo Ghostwail. If he had a ranged attack it could deal big damage at the beginning of the game helping witchdoctor's get an early advantage. It also ties in perfectly with the game. Mormo could gain this power after helping Lasko and his friends. Mormo could say he's helping them have a purpose in the afterlife or something like that.
2. Give Zeena's flames a boost. Make them more like blood's robe. If you run next to them you get hurt, and they get a boost from spooky which would allow witchdoctor's to use scratch's buff and power up the flames.
3. Allow companions to go before pirates. one of the biggest things Witchdoctor's have going for them is scratch's big buff. So usually scratch uses that buff as the first mate and the rest of the team gets 3 rounds of power, but your pirate only 2. So if you could allow old scratch to go first it would give your pirate an extra turn of buff.

I realize that these results mainly help 2 companions and change a major mechanic in the game, so if it's impossible that's ok. Thanks for reading.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Unfair Angel on Dec 28, 2015 wrote:
It's not like that

He stated that you get to make a defensive move and an offensive move in one turn not 2 offensive and not 2 defensive

But it's still op

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
It have an alternative to mojo blade which could help witches

When you get to max level witches hardly use mojo blade because they are already dead from mojo reaver so I suggest that at max level or higher when storyline update comes out you can upgrade mojo blade to mojo bow, it would have 6 range and is pretty much the same as mojo blade but upgraded to a ranged alternative