Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Luddite's Gear is Impossible to get3

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
In the promotion quest "V for Vulpine", captain swing is the final boss. He wears one of the most unique outfits in pirate101. He has purple tophat with what seems to be peacock feathers, a purple vest, orange leggings, and black boots. He drops all of this gear if you fight him enough.

However, he only appears in the fight before you promote bonnie anne to Fox Highlander, and as far as I can tell, only drops his items when he is actually present. This means that if you are not aware of this fact, it is most likely impossible for you to get his gear. I was planning to get this gear for my musketeer, but was unaware of this fact, and of course I promoted Bonnie Anne, as she is one of my main companions. On top of all of this, you also cannot trade this gear through the shared bank. So basically, there is no way for me to get this gear at all for my musketeer. :(

So my request to the game developers is this: Please make it so you can either refight Captain Swing, or make it so that you can trade the gear from one character to another. It seems that it was planned for him to come back later in the storyline, but since that seems to be a long way off, please give us this chance now to get his gear.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Voodoo Cornelius on Jan 26, 2016 wrote:
In the promotion quest "V for Vulpine", captain swing is the final boss. He wears one of the most unique outfits in pirate101. He has purple tophat with what seems to be peacock feathers, a purple vest, orange leggings, and black boots. He drops all of this gear if you fight him enough.

However, he only appears in the fight before you promote bonnie anne to Fox Highlander, and as far as I can tell, only drops his items when he is actually present. This means that if you are not aware of this fact, it is most likely impossible for you to get his gear. I was planning to get this gear for my musketeer, but was unaware of this fact, and of course I promoted Bonnie Anne, as she is one of my main companions. On top of all of this, you also cannot trade this gear through the shared bank. So basically, there is no way for me to get this gear at all for my musketeer. :(

So my request to the game developers is this: Please make it so you can either refight Captain Swing, or make it so that you can trade the gear from one character to another. It seems that it was planned for him to come back later in the storyline, but since that seems to be a long way off, please give us this chance now to get his gear.
Captain Swing's gear is trade-able, as I have done this on my secondary account; you can try farming the Pirate's Regatta for Swing's gear, these items are now part of the possible drops.
It would be easier to farm Swing in his lair in the MB sewers.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I seem to recall someone, maybe Blind Mew, possibly Ratbeard, saying that they were thinking along the same lines, that we'd encounter Captain Swing again in a repeatable area, so that players could farm for the gear.

The Luddite Clobber is one I was actually able to obtain, on my musketeer. Then, I think my privateer got his Slicers.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Voodoo Cornelius on Jan 26, 2016 wrote:

See the below post from One-Eyed Jack regarding Captain Swing. Not sure when it will happen though.

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-bilge-pump/various-bugs-ive-noticed-8ad6a414440156d60144503f36e61d6c/8ad6a414440156d60144516cf32d1abc?fromSearchResult=true#8ad6a414440156d60144516cf32d1abc