Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Black Rain Shades Vs. Death's Bargain

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 18, 2010
Hello, I am starting to focus on my swashbuckler's gear for PvP, and would like to hear some opinions on figuring out which of the items above would work best for swashbuckler. The way I currently see the two items is that, the shades allow me to teleport over bombs, walls, and traps, but leaves me open to AoE attacks for a turn. While Death's bargain gives me a small heal when falling under half my health, but in turn can deactivate my elusive opening me up to more damage.

Thanks for any input.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
LankyRyan on Feb 10, 2016 wrote:
Hello, I am starting to focus on my swashbuckler's gear for PvP, and would like to hear some opinions on figuring out which of the items above would work best for swashbuckler. The way I currently see the two items is that, the shades allow me to teleport over bombs, walls, and traps, but leaves me open to AoE attacks for a turn. While Death's bargain gives me a small heal when falling under half my health, but in turn can deactivate my elusive opening me up to more damage.

Thanks for any input.
You've stated your own arguments quite clearly. If you use the Shades while hidden only AoEs can hit you, porting to an enemy gives you a chance to poison or hit. If you have a Valor's Fort or Armor, you'll still have enough health to continue the fight. There's also the ability to port away so you can have time to heal or buff or whatever.
I've had Death's Bargain on my Swash once, it's really not that good: the heal is too small and it breaks hides ( usually at the worst moment ) and it also triggers Witch Hunter. Not such a bargain is it?

Ensign
Dec 18, 2010
anecorbie on Feb 10, 2016 wrote:
You've stated your own arguments quite clearly. If you use the Shades while hidden only AoEs can hit you, porting to an enemy gives you a chance to poison or hit. If you have a Valor's Fort or Armor, you'll still have enough health to continue the fight. There's also the ability to port away so you can have time to heal or buff or whatever.
I've had Death's Bargain on my Swash once, it's really not that good: the heal is too small and it breaks hides ( usually at the worst moment ) and it also triggers Witch Hunter. Not such a bargain is it?
Thanks! To be honest I was leaning towards Black Rain Shades a bit, and I didn't think about the potential hidden break with Death's Bargain, so... guess i'm going with the shades for now.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I know it's already been answered but consider

How long would it take to get to nefarious floor or to fight sato for the shades?

Do you have membership to get shades or do you need to do tower?

Personally because everyone can get witch hunter now (so unfair) deaths bargain becomes a big pain to have

Petty Officer
Nov 10, 2013
LankyRyan on Feb 10, 2016 wrote:

Thanks for any input.
well this just depends on what class you are so like if your witch or privy use the Death's Bargain other wise i suggest you use the shades but of course this is just my thoughs

Dead-eye tim lvl 65

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Feb 10, 2016 wrote:
deals with death always have a nasty catch....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Petty Officer
Nov 22, 2010
Well, it depends if you can still witch hunter other people's witch hunter. If you can, use Bargain. If you can't, use the shades
I can't think of anything to put here,
Matthew

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
HoodooNerd on Apr 4, 2016 wrote:
Well, it depends if you can still witch hunter other people's witch hunter. If you can, use Bargain. If you can't, use the shades
I can't think of anything to put here,
Matthew
You can only witch hunter a witch hunter from someone using a magic weapon which is generally only Altough it can occasionally be still it isn't a good enough solution for shroud to be effective enough

Petty Officer
Nov 22, 2010
Allow me to clarify. You have bargain equipped. You and enemy have witch hunter. Soul shroud activates, triggering enemy's witch hunter. However, your witch hunter triggers because of their witch hunter activating. So, the person with soul shroud hit the enemy with soul shroud and witch hunter. At least, I think that's how it works
Witty Joke,
Matthew

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
HoodooNerd on Apr 5, 2016 wrote:
Allow me to clarify. You have bargain equipped. You and enemy have witch hunter. Soul shroud activates, triggering enemy's witch hunter. However, your witch hunter triggers because of their witch hunter activating. So, the person with soul shroud hit the enemy with soul shroud and witch hunter. At least, I think that's how it works
Witty Joke,
Matthew
No, enemy's witch hunter goes first, then your soul shroud. Witch hunter doesn't activate against witch hunter since witch hunter isn't a magical attack.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Witch Hunter: bonus attack when enemy uses magic, 50% weapon power decrease

It's only used when an enemy uses magic not when someone uses witch hunter as well