Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What type of weapon do you generally use?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
My privateer character is level 53 right now, but it's always been a tough time for me to pick out the weapon I want for the time being. I generally go for a slashy/smashy weapon or slashy/shooty weapon, but I'm starting to notice that all the privateer players use a variety of different weapons. So what type of weapon do YOU use, even if you aren't a privateer? And why do you like it?

Please answer below this post

- Wicked Aaron Brewster

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Well as a witch doctor I generally use the axe of the Minotaur lords

Well I would obviously go for a staff, for a privateer during the quest line just go for any weapon that use strength or will

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Captain Blaze Hunt... on Mar 4, 2016 wrote:
My privateer character is level 53 right now, but it's always been a tough time for me to pick out the weapon I want for the time being. I generally go for a slashy/smashy weapon or slashy/shooty weapon, but I'm starting to notice that all the privateer players use a variety of different weapons. So what type of weapon do YOU use, even if you aren't a privateer? And why do you like it?

- Wicked Aaron Brewster
My privateer is using either a slashy/smashy weapon or a wand (staffy) depending on the kind of battle I'm entering. If you're utilizing the pirate unit as a support unit, it really doesn't matter unless you're also using them for low-power hits; I'd suggest staffy if you're going for a healer/buffer build.

My swashbuckler uses a slashy/stabby combo most of the time for the damage boost. Buccaneer enjoys whatever category the Axe of the Minotaur Lords falls under, and the musketeer, of course, is quite happy with any shooty weapon he can get his hands on.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Doing the same-old-same-old all the time isn't all it's cracked up to be. I've gone through the game on Witchdoctor using Staffy, Musketeer using Shooty, and Privateer using the sword/shield. I have a tendency to try new things with my newer pirates, so sometimes I'll equip whatever weapon just dropped for my Pirate and see what happens. There are so many different ways to play!

I've got a witchy bucc that uses a staffy/smashy combo. And I've got my musketeer using shooty/slashy.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I've trained most weapons on my main SB ( except for staffy ) but on my secondary SB, I've equipped a shooty/slashy combo; with burst fire and relentless, this is quite a dangerous weapon choice to have.
My main SB is using a stabby weapon. ( Boarding daggers )
Musketeer is using a shooty/staffy. ( Staff of Power )
WD is using a staffy. ( Staff of Power )
Bucky is using a smashy. ( Axe of the Minotaur Lords, stitched to Dragoon sword )
and Privateer is using a smashy/slashy. ( Bond Oni Bulwark )

Petty Officer
Aug 30, 2014
I use the 'Trident' on both of my buccaneers, and I love it because it has a lot of weapon power and I've been very successful using it.

Ensign
Mar 02, 2013
Captain Blaze Hunt... on Mar 4, 2016 wrote:

- Wicked Aaron Brewster
I'm a Level 65 Musketeer, I use the Nefarious Novablaster although hard to get, it's a great weapon and it gives the True Grit Power. If you are a 53 privateer, You should probably go farm some Armada ships in Marleybone if you're there or when you get there, and you'll get a weapon I'm sure will suit you, whether it's some pistols or a halberd, It's even possible to get the Battle Angel's set (the sword and pistol) and those should do well for you. Since Privateer's don't get any trickshots or vicious charge, they can use whatever weapon they want.

Hope it helps

Eager Sloan Neasmith
Level 65 Musketeer

Petty Officer
Feb 06, 2016
Bucc - Don't play one (yet)
Musk - Dual pistols
Priv - 2 handed (Dragon-Axe)
Swash - 2 daggers (armor pierce)
Witch - Wands (longer range)

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
Witchdoctor: Staffy weapons

Swashbuckler: Slashy/stabby weapons

Musketeer: Shooty/smashy weapons

Privateer: Slashy/stabby weapons (but I may change that)

Buccaneer: Slashy/smashy weapons

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
Privateers are always looking for ways to improve their will, so wouldn't they use a wand or a stave instead of a sword and shield for their primary weapon?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Captain Blaze Hunt... on Mar 7, 2016 wrote:
Privateers are always looking for ways to improve their will, so wouldn't they use a wand or a stave instead of a sword and shield for their primary weapon?
Some do, it depends if they've trained "spooky" along with "staffy".

Ensign
Oct 14, 2011
For my buccaneers and privateers I use Axe of the Minotaur Lords or Dragon Axe of Doom. One of the privys has the Ruby Slicer which grants cheap shot which is nice.

For my Bucklers I don't have a good weapon at the moment but would like to get my hands on the nefarious knives.

For witchdoctors I have one staff of power and the other one uses Tentacular staff, which is the one sold in the crown shop.

For my musketeers I have nefarious novablaster.

The weapons they sell for pvp are really nice too but I am not a pvp player and so collecting scrip is a slow process. I still need to try out the Regatta. Maybe one of these days I will have enough to buy one lol.

I have also bought several weapons from the crown shop while leveling up.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RenegadeSerena on Mar 8, 2016 wrote:
For my buccaneers and privateers I use Axe of the Minotaur Lords or Dragon Axe of Doom. One of the privys has the Ruby Slicer which grants cheap shot which is nice.

For my Bucklers I don't have a good weapon at the moment but would like to get my hands on the nefarious knives.

For witchdoctors I have one staff of power and the other one uses Tentacular staff, which is the one sold in the crown shop.

For my musketeers I have nefarious novablaster.

The weapons they sell for pvp are really nice too but I am not a pvp player and so collecting scrip is a slow process. I still need to try out the Regatta. Maybe one of these days I will have enough to buy one lol.

I have also bought several weapons from the crown shop while leveling up.
RenegadeSerena, unfortunately the only way to get a Champion weapon in the PVP area is to reach the Rank of Champion ( not just scrip can buy these weapons, or else everyone would get them, sorry. )
I suggest trying to get the Blades of Shade from Cadmus in the Caves of Ruin, if you're having trouble getting the Nefarious Knives ( which BTW have 1 rank of Flanking attached to them. )

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
Is there a privateer (sword/shield) nefarious weapon?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Captain Blaze Hunt... on Mar 8, 2016 wrote:
Is there a privateer (sword/shield) nefarious weapon?
It's called the Bond Oni Bulwark and has a will boost & grants Hold the Line.

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
anecorbie on Mar 8, 2016 wrote:
It's called the Bond Oni Bulwark and has a will boost & grants Hold the Line.
I thought hold the line was for a buccaneer.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Captain Blaze Hunt... on Mar 10, 2016 wrote:
I thought hold the line was for a buccaneer.
Buccaneer's train Hold the Line but this weapon grants it to any who have trained smashy & slashy weapons for 2 ranks.
Anyway, the nefarious privateer uses and drops this weapon in the Tower of Moo. Despite the power card, this is a weapon combo used by many Privateers.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Daggers or any Stabby weapon will do just fine.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan