Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ok, here's some more news... hope you can take it.

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Well, we just got some more info on what Book 15 has to offer, & I know some of you were expecting an another big level cap increase, but please, people, bear with them & me.

Book 15, while long-anticipated in almost three years, & was likely delayed time & time again, due to recent changes, like other previous updates, such as the Advanced Pets, the Skull Island Expansion, a few max-level gauntlets, land & nautical, other previous changes, & even KI merging two teams that worked on W101 & P101 to form their MMO Live Team, is gonna contain two chapters, like some previous books, but not to worry. I'm sure it will at least have some more quests than those that have little. & we'll have the level cap upped to 70, by 5 levels, rather than what we thought.

Remember how Khrysalis' two parts each upped the cap by 5 levels in W101? That's kinda the case. I know.

We kinda knew what Blind Mew said about 1 Book upping 5 levels would be inevitable, since they launched 2 Books in 1 update, so we have to be considerable & appreciative with that. They're likely trying to take some story updates nice & steady in-between that waiting time & those other changes.

I know what some of you are gonna think, "Is that how many chapters that new Book is gonna have?", "After waiting so long, we get that?", "5 levels? What??", but don't get extremely upset. I'm sure there's bound to be more new changes & updates beside what KI told us about Book 15. It's not plenty, but, really, KI does have the potential to cram in so much as they can in what we think is so little for a story update. True.

Plus, Professor Falmea complimented on what we've been guessing with the teaser pics we've been given, about the new character's name, which is Captain Barnabus Hande, Anecorbie & Sam Underhill on some notable obsevrations about the place's location, which is a long-hidden hideout of a famous pirate, that contains secrets about the PC's past waiting to be discovered or some hidden.

We did our best on that, & that's what counts.

Who knows what else may be contained in Book 15? More new companions to recruit, both class-specific & universal? More powers to up our battle prowess? More new unique loot to commandeer from more new bosses? More new companion promotion quests? More badges to earn? More adventures to endure than what we thought? Who knows? We may see plenty o' these, & maybe more, too.

Well, like I said, what we learned might not seem much, but they have the potential to cram in so much in what we think is so little, especially in a story update.

KI did such a milestone with 2 Books, but they're also trying their best to take it easy with the story updates. We should accept what they got now, but don't worry. Someday, there may be another update that marks a bigger milestone than 2 Books & 15 levels. Someday.

People, let's wait, see, & enjoy what Book 15's got, once it hits the Test Realm someday. Have a good time, Pirates, & thanks on staying positive about this!

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
"There will be answers, lots of answers, and of course, more questions too in the thrilling conclusion to the first story arc." Okay, this is a quote from the May Producer's Letter that was just released. So is Book 15 the end of the first story arc? Because that is what it appears to suggest. Which is odd considering we have yet to go to El Dorado which is, you know, the whole point of the first story arc. And nothing in the teaser's suggests that we will head to El Dorado in Book 15. Hmm, interesting.

Color me intrigued.

Keep the teaser's coming, KI! I am literally at the edge of my seat, eagerly anticipating the next chapter in the amazing story that is Pirate101!

Lv. 65
Lv. 60
Lv. 18
Lv. 15

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
Honestly, I don't care. I'm content with the fact that we're getting some new stuff; one of them being a story expansion at that, and I'm generally excited for what we're about to see. One thing that does kind of surprise me is the fact that we're already at the end of the first arc. Any guess as to what could happen now is as good as any, oh the possibilities...

Now that I think about it - from the hints we were given from Falmea in the letter - maybe that hideout really does belong to our parents - or at least, our mother? She was a famous pirate, after all (and it may even lead to her piece of the map, since we've yet to acquire it).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lots of news, most of it good.....certainly intriguing. Although disappointed that this update isn't going to be as big as hoped; this will prove to the "nay-sayers" that P101 isn't dying or dead - our adventures are continuing.
Challenges and resolutions are ahead, but I don't think that this is going to be the end of the first story arc, it doesn't seem possible to end the story in just 2 chapters!
Remember the challenge hike in enemies when we first entered MooShu, Marleybone & Aquila? Be prepared to face another hike in difficulty, mates!
Looking forward to it all!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Grizzley117 on May 3, 2016 wrote:
"There will be answers, lots of answers, and of course, more questions too in the thrilling conclusion to the first story arc." Okay, this is a quote from the May Producer's Letter that was just released. So is Book 15 the end of the first story arc? Because that is what it appears to suggest. Which is odd considering we have yet to go to El Dorado which is, you know, the whole point of the first story arc. And nothing in the teaser's suggests that we will head to El Dorado in Book 15. Hmm, interesting.

Color me intrigued.

Keep the teaser's coming, KI! I am literally at the edge of my seat, eagerly anticipating the next chapter in the amazing story that is Pirate101!

Lv. 65
Lv. 60
Lv. 18
Lv. 15
No, no, no. What she means is there will be lots of answers on Book 15, but you must take note that the arc's conclusion does not end on Book 15.

You forget, the first arc still has a long way to go before we see it's conclusion, which is likely Book 20, & also possible, not earlier. We didn't still see Grizzleheim, nor Krokotopia yet, nor the Home World 5 companions, those that depends on which world the Pirates were raised in. Not to mention, there's still the rest of Marco Pollo's Map Pieces to El Dorado that are still yet to be discovered, & even the other Pieces to take back from Kane and the Armada, which won't be easy.

Let's not go jumping the Stormgate here. There's still plenty to see & to do before we reach the arc's conclusion. It's not the game's end, you know. We'll still have many more adventures, even the day the Arc's conclusion passes.

Think logical.

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
I'm pretty sure its a book for every world (not including CR pt. 2 and, of course, the new Valencia pt. 2), so by the end of the story arc we'll end up in another world. Just my speculation, amigos. It may very well be that I'm wrong. A little disappointed about the length of the update, but I think Trimond explained the reason for that pretty well. My guess is that future updates will not be as long of a wait as the incoming one. I probably shouldn't be getting ahead of myself, though. The grasshopper will have patience.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Hoodoo Mistress on May 3, 2016 wrote:
Honestly, I don't care. I'm content with the fact that we're getting some new stuff; one of them being a story expansion at that, and I'm generally excited for what we're about to see. One thing that does kind of surprise me is the fact that we're already at the end of the first arc. Any guess as to what could happen now is as good as any, oh the possibilities...

Now that I think about it - from the hints we were given from Falmea in the letter - maybe that hideout really does belong to our parents - or at least, our mother? She was a famous pirate, after all (and it may even lead to her piece of the map, since we've yet to acquire it).
We're not on the arc's conclusion, nor we are near it yet. It's been at a standstill since the 1st story update, & it'll move by a Book in the next update. KingsIsle's probably taking a slow approach on it since that time, & I'm sure it will be positive once it hits the Test Realm.

Take heed.

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
Trimond297 on May 3, 2016 wrote:
No, no, no. What she means is there will be lots of answers on Book 15, but you must take note that the arc's conclusion does not end on Book 15.

You forget, the first arc still has a long way to go before we see it's conclusion, which is likely Book 20, & also possible, not earlier. We didn't still see Grizzleheim, nor Krokotopia yet, nor the Home World 5 companions, those that depends on which world the Pirates were raised in. Not to mention, there's still the rest of Marco Pollo's Map Pieces to El Dorado that are still yet to be discovered, & even the other Pieces to take back from Kane and the Armada, which won't be easy.

Let's not go jumping the Stormgate here. There's still plenty to see & to do before we reach the arc's conclusion. It's not the game's end, you know. We'll still have many more adventures, even the day the Arc's conclusion passes.

Think logical.
I am well aware of the timeline that Blind Mew put out. However, in the way that it was put, it was implied that Book 15 will be the "thrilling conclusion to the first story arc." Why would they even mention the end of the arc when we are 5 books away? I completely agree, though, there is so much more content that needs to be explored before the first arc ends. I was merely pointing out that the way it was written suggests otherwise. I hope I just read it wrong or I'm reading too much into it.

Lv. 65
Lv. 61
Lv. 18
Lv. 15

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
Trimond297 on May 3, 2016 wrote:
We're not on the arc's conclusion, nor we are near it yet. It's been at a standstill since the 1st story update, & it'll move by a Book in the next update. KingsIsle's probably taking a slow approach on it since that time, & I'm sure it will be positive once it hits the Test Realm.

Take heed.
Oh, we're far from the story conclusion, alright. But - and this is an innocent question - are we really that far from the end of the first arc? Why is Falmea talking about it now? Do you think it's possible that our journey to El Dorado is actually more complicated than we originally thought? Is there really a slight chance that this whole El Dorado fiasco may take more than one arc?

Perhaps I'm reading too far into this, but I guess only time will tell for sure.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on May 3, 2016 wrote:
Lots of news, most of it good.....certainly intriguing. Although disappointed that this update isn't going to be as big as hoped; this will prove to the "nay-sayers" that P101 isn't dying or dead - our adventures are continuing.
Challenges and resolutions are ahead, but I don't think that this is going to be the end of the first story arc, it doesn't seem possible to end the story in just 2 chapters!
Remember the challenge hike in enemies when we first entered MooShu, Marleybone & Aquila? Be prepared to face another hike in difficulty, mates!
Looking forward to it all!
Believe me, I was a bit disappointed, too, about how the next update isn't gonna be big as we imagined, but that didn't stop me. Big or not, we're all glad the P101 storyline is going again.

The challenge hikes were the results o' some that had trouble going through the higher level challenges due to the small amounts o' Epic Talents to our companions. Our Pirates' Epics, though, may need to be discussed later.

Powers, on the other hand, even our Pirates' & companion Powers, are another matter, & will be spoken about in another time.

Well, nevertheless, the previous update gave more Epics to our companions, & that gave the positive nudge we needed to get through the tough adventures either way.

I'd doubt we would see some more challenge hikes, but, we'll all have to be ready anyway.

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
I called it- Hande. Check my post on that Falmea one with the picture of him

I am slightly disappointed about the size (or lack of it) of the update, but this still means they are starting up the story again, which is a relief.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
It's not that fair to compare this to khrysalis. It was made after FOUR world's packed with quests, story and insane difficulty. Marleybone and Aquila were incredibly short (it took me a week to complete Marleybone alone) and not that hard (excluding Hydra and Scylla). This is an incredible disappointment. I was expecting Valencia 2 and maybe a tidbit of a new world, but no. After 3 years of side stuff, all we get are two chapters and 5 levels raised to the maximum. I know I should be grateful, but I just cannot feel that right now. I'm really on the brink of quitting.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
when DS ended the first Arc on wizard101, the players there had to wait a bit.. Celestia was added next, and the spells trained there revolutionalized how players play wiz both pve and pvp.. hoping this release of Valencian 2 does the same for us Pirates.. also be a great time to add a few important fillers.. I'm thinking Arcs normally have more to do with the "main boss" you fight in that Arc, than it does with "which world" you're working in at the time..at least that's the trend I see from KI team so far.. I also believe this is (like Celestia was) a crossroads to the next parts.. its a beginning inside an ending.. imo I believe next story update after will either introduce our foster parents/siblings and be side world mini quests that help to individualize our pirates story more, then within 2 years we should start seeing not only quarterly bug maintenance updates(like regatta) but tiny helpful additions like a kiosk, weapon hanging etc.. then possible melding/crafting (pirate-style) then another healthy serving of main story-line content(like Zafaria was for wizard).. in between a seasonal pack or two, maybe ship building via salvaging/recycling/blueprints.. never know! sky isn't limited for us pirates ;D arggg! and I for one am highly anticipating how this game will evolve <3
stormy jen silver

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Captain Blaze Hunt... on May 3, 2016 wrote:
I'm pretty sure its a book for every world (not including CR pt. 2 and, of course, the new Valencia pt. 2), so by the end of the story arc we'll end up in another world. Just my speculation, amigos. It may very well be that I'm wrong. A little disappointed about the length of the update, but I think Trimond explained the reason for that pretty well. My guess is that future updates will not be as long of a wait as the incoming one. I probably shouldn't be getting ahead of myself, though. The grasshopper will have patience.
Thanks, Captain Blaze! I did stay strong & positive in the long wait.

We see new worlds in many Books, but there's gonna be times when we get to return to previous worlds in later Books when new Skyways get opened up, like Valencia II.

The 1st arc's end is not gonna be here in a while, so we'll enjoy what KI's got cooked up in Book 15 & onward until it's end gets here.

I'm sure later updates won't be that lengthy as the wait was. This one really breaks the waiting gap in W101's time between Dragonspyre & Celestia.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Hoodoo Mistress on May 3, 2016 wrote:
Oh, we're far from the story conclusion, alright. But - and this is an innocent question - are we really that far from the end of the first arc? Why is Falmea talking about it now? Do you think it's possible that our journey to El Dorado is actually more complicated than we originally thought? Is there really a slight chance that this whole El Dorado fiasco may take more than one arc?

Perhaps I'm reading too far into this, but I guess only time will tell for sure.
Let's hold out those kinda questions, Hoodoo Mistress, & I know they're all innocent & nice questions. She only said the arc's conclusion is gonna be here as we get closer to it. Don't worry. She only mentioned it. The conclusion will be here. Just not now, not earlier. Someday.

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
Trimond297 on May 4, 2016 wrote:
Let's hold out those kinda questions, Hoodoo Mistress, & I know they're all innocent & nice questions. She only said the arc's conclusion is gonna be here as we get closer to it. Don't worry. She only mentioned it. The conclusion will be here. Just not now, not earlier. Someday.
That's not what Bonnie Anne said... Here

Alright, I didn't see your reply there before, but it just looks to me that's what they're implying. Don't think of me as playing devil's associate, you're still entitled to think whatever you want. Really, all we can do is see what happens now.

Ensign
Dec 02, 2014
Honestly, if we're really only getting 5 levels from this entire update, like I said in a post before, it's an enormous disappointment. 3 years of waiting and we get 5 levels. But whatever, stuff happens, and expectations don't get met.

However, I believe KI can turn this around. If the next story line update doesn't take more than a year, which I really don't know if it will or not, they'll pretty much make it up. If they don't, well at least to me, it's just another expectation unmet, and another big disappointment.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Hoodoo Mistress on May 4, 2016 wrote:
That's not what Bonnie Anne said... Here

Alright, I didn't see your reply there before, but it just looks to me that's what they're implying. Don't think of me as playing devil's associate, you're still entitled to think whatever you want. Really, all we can do is see what happens now.
All I'm doing is stating my point & easing some people's concerns. Some might've misunderstood the idea about the 1st story arc's state upon reading Falmea's newest Producer's Letter about the game's story continuation.

She only hinted about the conclusion in the Letter's end, that is later. Let's just leave it at that.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
dk4vision on May 3, 2016 wrote:
I called it- Hande. Check my post on that Falmea one with the picture of him

I am slightly disappointed about the size (or lack of it) of the update, but this still means they are starting up the story again, which is a relief.
You were right about the new character's name, and accolades should be given to you on your good guess.

Well, according to swordroll's words about the view point in Book 15 reactions in swordroll's blog, KingsIsle was, at the time being while Book 15 was in development, albeit postponed, not sure about how the story would continue, but we gave them time to think about that, & they settled on a coherent path, due to the previous changes they gave us through the years. Sure, more concerns have ignited, however, I stood positive in the long wait.

I was completely sure we would, & still will, go back to Valencia, & it's certainly that destination. Since their MMO Live Team was made, they have been busy regaining their sea legs, so to speak, & it is possibly why the story update was postponed once again.

Regardless, that additional time to get things settled & ready to move with the P101 story was worth it, even some don't agree with it through the thoughts that they waited long enough.

Swordroll views that as a trial run to ensure how well Valencia II goes. I'm sure it will go very well, like in previous updates, & no large amounts o' negativity will ever halt KI to keep the P101 story going. I'm sure that will do positively well & do more than just signal a new path towards P101's later plans & story updates.

Let's also be sure, according to Blind Mew's words, like how MooShu has other Skyways not mapped yet, Valencia does, & other worlds, too, & they're bigger than either W101 or P101.

So, even with planned Skyways to previous worlds are being made, there may be other possibilities toward seeing more new Skyways than what we saw, or will soon see. There may be times where dungeon zones may be added, almost like how it was in W101's 4 Dungeons update.

Well, we can look towards Valencia II, & place our long-standing concerns to sleep at last. Be prepared.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
I know for a fact that this update will be bigger then what is currently said, KI is releasing an expansion, not a short one mind you. If it wasn't that our companions would get an extra epic talent at lvl 75 then I am sure the level would be raised.

Don't forget we are getting a whole sky way not just Florenza, and we have to get there somehow!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
SpellBinder Darius on May 5, 2016 wrote:
I know for a fact that this update will be bigger then what is currently said, KI is releasing an expansion, not a short one mind you. If it wasn't that our companions would get an extra epic talent at lvl 75 then I am sure the level would be raised.

Don't forget we are getting a whole sky way not just Florenza, and we have to get there somehow!
Sounds like you were the one guessing that all companions are getting another Epic Talent every 20 levels in-between their promotion quests.

Like this, for instance: Level 15; Epic, Level 35; Epic, Level 55; Epic, & Level 75; Epic. Yes?

Still, Falmea said, to quote, "Want to put five more levels of new and improved battle prowess to the test with the most difficult challenge yet? I hope so, because that’s what you’re in for with Valencia, Part 2.", meaning our level cap may get upped to 70, so the additional Epic Talent our companions get at level 75 will likely have to wait until the next story update, once the 2nd story update goes Live.

Nevertheless, you're right. We'll be getting more than just what they said. They've not gotten into some details yet, but they've got some cool things in with it. & we will get to the new Skyway in Valencia. Just a matter o' time.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on May 3, 2016 wrote:
It's not that fair to compare this to khrysalis. It was made after FOUR world's packed with quests, story and insane difficulty. Marleybone and Aquila were incredibly short (it took me a week to complete Marleybone alone) and not that hard (excluding Hydra and Scylla). This is an incredible disappointment. I was expecting Valencia 2 and maybe a tidbit of a new world, but no. After 3 years of side stuff, all we get are two chapters and 5 levels raised to the maximum. I know I should be grateful, but I just cannot feel that right now. I'm really on the brink of quitting.
Of those three years of "side stuff" one of those years was entirely dedicated to improving game play through our companions & pets; Ranked PVP was also a nice edition ( for those who like it. )
We don't know what other "side stuff" will be included with book 15 ( hoping for crafting and of course many players also want fishing and gardening.)
What is exactly in those two chapters? What will we have to do to gain those levels? Don't forget Nautical XP is included in our game ( unlike wizard. )
Before you dismiss this expansion, I would encourage you to wait and see just what it is we're going to experience.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on May 5, 2016 wrote:
Of those three years of "side stuff" one of those years was entirely dedicated to improving game play through our companions & pets; Ranked PVP was also a nice edition ( for those who like it. )
We don't know what other "side stuff" will be included with book 15 ( hoping for crafting and of course many players also want fishing and gardening.)
What is exactly in those two chapters? What will we have to do to gain those levels? Don't forget Nautical XP is included in our game ( unlike wizard. )
Before you dismiss this expansion, I would encourage you to wait and see just what it is we're going to experience.
You're right. We've been waiting to get the P101 story for a long time, and we're eager to see it soon.

Let's also remember, with our regular & nautical level cap increases, there also comes the pets' level cap increase, too. We'll be training our pets to the higher levels soon.

I'm sure there are other changes made that are going to be included with Book 15, so let's wait & see.

Yes. We should encourage all to wait & see what we're going to experience, even if our latest story update may be one Book. We should all give it a chance, & I'm sure it will go well, no doubt.

Ensign
Dec 02, 2014
Trimond297 on May 10, 2016 wrote:
You're right. We've been waiting to get the P101 story for a long time, and we're eager to see it soon.

Let's also remember, with our regular & nautical level cap increases, there also comes the pets' level cap increase, too. We'll be training our pets to the higher levels soon.

I'm sure there are other changes made that are going to be included with Book 15, so let's wait & see.

Yes. We should encourage all to wait & see what we're going to experience, even if our latest story update may be one Book. We should all give it a chance, & I'm sure it will go well, no doubt.
Now you could be right. But I however think that if our next update really is one book, I highly doubt it will do well. Quite the opposite actually, that's what I believe. But even with my skepticism, I still hope good things come out with this update. One of the most crucial of them, in my opinion, being more than one book.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on May 3, 2016 wrote:
I should say that Khrysalis was also split into two parts, because at the time, KingsIsle wanted the conclusion to the Morganthe arc so epic, they had to divide it into two parts to ensure the world's story moments would be made with precise construction. Doing that upped the level cap in W101 by 5 levels, twice. As with that previous case, many were surprised they upped the cap by 5 levels rather than 10, yet, they soon understood why they had to do it.

Give it a chance, & you'll know KingsIsle's doing their best to take it easy on the story updates, 'cause launching 2 Books in one update was a milestone, one that wasn't done on W101 or P101 before. They want to ensure later Books are complete without rush.

Swordroll posted this in Swordroll's Blog that speaks about that as a trial run to how KingsIsle is handling P101's story updates, & to quote in Swordroll's perspective, "My personal opinion is that this is a trial run. If Valencia Part 2 performs well, perhaps the story will continue.", meaning it is to show KI how to handle tackling story expansions, before they may do more than 1 Book in later updates again, with better handling next time. It's like a test to them, one that they know we'll pass well.

So, let's wait & see once it goes to Test, & remember also that Swordroll said, from Swordroll's perspective, "If Valencia Part 2 comes out positively, it may signal a new direction for Pirate101, and that's a win for both the game and the players.", so I've no doubts it will do positively.

1 last thing, Swordroll said this, "It's important to understand that this is only a theory, and does not reflect what has happened at KingsIsle.", so don't worry. KingsIsle knows what they're doing.