Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Dead Mike is my.....Daddy?

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ok, I just want to know if this is real. In the latest Rogue's Gallery, its revealed that Dead Mike is none other than --- OUR FATHER!!!!!
"....finally found himself sailing with Pirate Jenny as her dashing husband."
Is "as" a typo for "and" or is this for real?

Administrator
"AND" not "AS"

(I double checked with Blind Mew. )

The newsletter copy has been corrected.

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Jun 2, 2016 wrote:
"AND" not "AS"

Thanks!
Whewww, what a relief!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
"AND" not "AS"

Thanks!
Good. I was going to point that out, but I guess it's one o' those times another had already brought a typo before I could.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
"AND" not "AS"

Thanks!
That is too funny you accidentally put "and" as "as".

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
That is a howler! (That sentence would have worked well when I taught my Genetics students how simple deletions and substitutions in DNA can change the whole meaning of the information!)

And I am glad he has no desires to eat any brains as he goes on with his life (or whatever)

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
i'm glad it got cleared up dead mike seems like a nice guy but not sure if i would want him as the pirates dad

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
I think it's a riot that Dead Mike is referred to as "dashing"!
(maybe that was before he turned blue)

Developer
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Jun 2, 2016 wrote:
That is too funny you accidentally put "and" as "as".
Yar, that one's on me. Sorry for the confusion.

Ensign
Mar 21, 2014
Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
I liked dead Mike and I think that would have been the best thing ever to have him as my dad. I would love that!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
As amusing as the typos were, something that was brought up before it was confirmed a typo was the idea that perhaps Mike was our mother's husband, and that our character was an illegitimate child. That was quickly debunked based on dialogue within the game, but it was still an interesting theory.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Blind Mew on Jun 2, 2016 wrote:
Yar, that one's on me. Sorry for the confusion.
Well, here's this little capitalization problem you should fix in the newsletter...

"He made a vow to avenge Pirate jenny (and himself), and retuned to piracy."

The word, Jenny, has a lower "j", instead of a capitalized "J". That should be brought up to your attention.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Even if it was just a typo, that would've made the GRESTEST plot twist ever.

Ensign
May 01, 2012
In the newsletter Mike is said to have died to a musket: "Mike threw himself in front of a musket volley aimed at Jenny, and died instantly."

However, in his first promotion quest he says that he was killed by a Cutthroat named Haggard John Hackney with a knife. "That would be a knife. Haggard John Hackney's Knife. One of the mutineers, captain. He didn't kill your parents - just me." ~ Dead Mike in The Water of Life

Not sure if the story has been changed or something, but that's as I recall it being in game.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Davy Jones on Jun 7, 2016 wrote:
In the newsletter Mike is said to have died to a musket: "Mike threw himself in front of a musket volley aimed at Jenny, and died instantly."

However, in his first promotion quest he says that he was killed by a Cutthroat named Haggard John Hackney with a knife. "That would be a knife. Haggard John Hackney's Knife. One of the mutineers, captain. He didn't kill your parents - just me." ~ Dead Mike in The Water of Life

Not sure if the story has been changed or something, but that's as I recall it being in game.
You're remembering rightly; that is what Mike tells us of his death. But maybe suffering a traumatic death confused Dead Mike? Remember part of the recipe of the Water of Life required the weapon that killed him, now we know why the recipe failed; he had the wrong weapon!
Or here's another scenario: he was stabbed, but not fatally, leaving him enough energy to leap in front of the musket volley.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Davy Jones on Jun 7, 2016 wrote:

Inconsistency! This is either something that was accidentally forgotten, OR, they've been changing the backstories to our characters....probably not though.