Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Storyline

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 14, 2011
So I'm coming back into Pirate101 after I quit about a year ago. I'm up to book IX, but I've forgotten the storyline, so could someone just do a quick recap for what happens in each book before IX?

Thanks

Developer
Lord of Diasters on Jun 17, 2016 wrote:
So I'm coming back into Pirate101 after I quit about a year ago. I'm up to book IX, but I've forgotten the storyline, so could someone just do a quick recap for what happens in each book before IX?

Thanks
Well, since you asked...

Book 1 is the beginning: your Pirate arrives in Skull Island, does a favor to Captain Avery in return for a disappointing ship, and goes on a quest for the infamous treasure of Captain Gunn. It all ends at a volcano with Water Moles and a repentant Ratbeard.

Book 2 is the quest to find Gortez and the Gold Monkey. You travel to Puerto Mico to help establish diplomatic relations with the Monquistans, and end up tromping through the jungles of the Isle of Doom looking for a lost Monquistador, Hilarity ensues.

Book 3 is set in Monquista. You take Gortez home, get betrayed by the king and queen Hamlet style, and in return free Gortez and help the ex-queens start a revolution. There's also a Monkey's Paw and one million bananas.

Book 4 features the first trip to Valenica. Your pirate learns that the quest for Gunn's Gold was but a ruse for Avery to get one piece of the Map to El Dorado. You win back the stolen piece, learn the Armada is after it, then sneak into Valencia to try to get Marco Pollo's piece. Along the way you learn just how big a threat to the Spiral the Armada is, and get some hints of their ultimate goals. It turns out the Armada already has Marco Pollo's piece, and you flee back to Skull Island. You do learn the potential location of another Map Piece, however...

In Book 5 you chase the rumors of that Map piece to Cool Ranch, and go looking for the tomb of Merriweather Clark, Pollo's navigator. Along the way you manage to make peace between the Bison and the Bird settlers, and learn that a nefarious pirate named Captain Blood stole Clark's piece of the Map.

Book 6 takes the Pirate to Santo Pollo (still in Cool Ranch), where in order to find the clues leading the map you must join forces with masked hero and living legend El Toro against the oppressive Toad armies of Santa Rana.

In Book 7 the quest for Clark's Map piece puts you on a collision course with the Duck of Death, fiendish gunslinger and supernatural menace.

TBC

Developer
Lord of Diasters on Jun 17, 2016 wrote:

Thanks
Okay, continuing on...

Book 8 features a return to Skull Island to find Carolina (aka Mustang Sally), El Toro's long lost love turned pirate adventurer. You learn she was on a job to free Napoleguin, Peguin generalissimo and one of the most dangerous minds in the Spiral, from a Marleybonean prison. Sally got caught and is imprisoned there too. To get her out, you join forces with Catbeard, start a war between Marleybone and the Armada, and free Napoleguin. Napoleguin goes to help Gortez win his civil war, and Carolina and El Toro are finally married. This allows the ghost of the previous El Toro to tell you the next clue in the quest for Clark's piece of the Map.

This brings us to Book 9, where you are. Tumbleweed Skyway is suffering from the depredations of the Wild Bunch. The only hope to defeating them and opening the way to the Skyway where Captain Blood's hideout was hidden is to reunite the Magnificent Seven, the greatest heroes Cool Ranch has ever known. Are you up to the task?

Welcome back! We've made a lot of improvements to Cool Ranch to help it flow more smoothly - I hope you enjoy it! You've got a lot to look forward to, including MooShu, Marleybone, Aquila, and now the return to Valencia! Good hunting!

Administrator
Isn't Blind Mew awesome?

Mercenaries for Charter also wrote up a nice story summation post, but you'd have to resist the temptation to "read ahead": http://pirate.mercenaries101.com/when-we-last-left-our-heroes/

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
You're such a nice guy Blind Mew.

( And you too, One-Eyed Jack)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Jun 17, 2016 wrote:
Isn't Blind Mew awesome?

Mercenaries for Charter also wrote up a nice story summation post, but you'd have to resist the temptation to "read ahead": http://pirate.mercenaries101.com/when-we-last-left-our-heroes/
The Awesomist