Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why my game glitched and didnt give me crab thug?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 23, 2010
After the presidio you went back to the frog father and got a crab thug. I didn't relies this till I saw someone with it and I wondered if I wasn't able to get him cause I was a but it turns out after 4 hours of questing and making a different to get to it again it seems that I am one of the in the game to not have one due to a glitch. Please help me find out what went wrong.

Ensign
Aug 13, 2014
Arian182002 on Jun 18, 2016 wrote:
After the presidio you went back to the frog father and got a crab thug. I didn't relies this till I saw someone with it and I wondered if I wasn't able to get him cause I was a but it turns out after 4 hours of questing and making a different to get to it again it seems that I am one of the in the game to not have one due to a glitch. Please help me find out what went wrong.
Hmm.. that is strange. You are talking about Birgus Latro right? Well I think everyone can get him. My brother is a musketeer and he has him. I also see a lot of bucs who have him as well. Try making another pirate and see if you get him.
Hopes this helps!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The type of Presidio Companion you receive isn't based on class, but on how your parents died:
Eaten by Skysquid - Birgus Latro ( that's your crab thug if you want him, chose the Squid. )
Lost Treasure Hunting - Lucky Jack Russell
Lost in Storm - Milo Greytail
Mutiny - Dead Mike
Armada Attack - Gaspard de Vole

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
You receive him once you finish the dungeon and talk to the Frogfather.

Ensign
Jan 23, 2010
Note that i made the same again and re did the quest line for 4 hours and i got lucky jack because of the questions you do at the start of the game. In most youtube videos i see of people playing through this i saw them get a crab thug no matter the questions at the beginning of the game

Ensign
Jan 23, 2010
Tigerlover1912 on Jun 18, 2016 wrote:
Hmm.. that is strange. You are talking about Birgus Latro right? Well I think everyone can get him. My brother is a musketeer and he has him. I also see a lot of bucs who have him as well. Try making another pirate and see if you get him.
Hopes this helps!
Thanks man i appreciate it.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Arian182002 on Jun 20, 2016 wrote:
Note that i made the same again and re did the quest line for 4 hours and i got lucky jack because of the questions you do at the start of the game. In most youtube videos i see of people playing through this i saw them get a crab thug no matter the questions at the beginning of the game
Do they show you the questions they answered at the beginning of every video? That'd be some wicked long videos...

anecorbie explained what triggers what companion. Did your first pirate actually talk to the Frogfather and get a companion? If not (and if you still have that pirate) contact customer support to get it cleared up.